The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

10 minutes ago, adamqpfc said:

forever classy boys 🍋

Screenshot_20240713_153128_X.jpg

Yeah, there's a difficult fringe element. Same as every single club in the division. Yours included. Any original thoughts on the accusations from @Zanetti that all Airdrie fans are inherently guilty of all accusations irrespective of who or what they are? Or are you more of a visual learner type? 😂

5 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Yeah, there's a difficult fringe element. Same as every single club in the division. Yours included. Any original thoughts on the accusations from @Zanetti that all Airdrie fans are inherently guilty of all accusations irrespective of who or what they are? Or are you more of a visual learner type? 😂

Where’s the difficult fringe QP fans? 😂

6 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Some of my Celtic-supporting mates are gleefully sharing follow-follow meltdown stuff. Seems to be opinion within the rangers support that they’re paying for a temp stand at Lesser. 

Think that's the very least they should do. Quite happy to take their money if the inevitable happens but doesn't change my opinion of them.

20 minutes ago, QPEast said:

It's not rocket science. Every single team everywhere have certain fans who follow them who are arseholes. Every team. They might be arseholes in different ways depending on the team/area/size of fanbase but the point remains and isn't really arguable? No?

34 minutes ago, QPEast said:

I know we have more skeletons in the closet than most but you did have a woman beater playing for you not so long ago.

Personally I don’t think I could support my team with someone like that wearing the shirt but to each his own eh.

10 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

It's not rocket science. Every single team everywhere have certain fans who follow them who are arseholes. Every team. They might be arseholes in different ways depending on the team/area/size of fanbase but the point remains and isn't really arguable? No?

...... yes arseholes are everywhere and unfortunately being one is not against the law. I have no idea whether the Quitongo allegations hold any truth. However having seen fans of many clubs there are thugs, racist or otherwise, at some. Unfortunately Airdrie are one of those clubs where I've seen it. Am not saying for one minute that that reflects the views of all Airdrie fans. However, if those I've actually seen in action were involved......... 

10 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

...... yes arseholes are everywhere and unfortunately being one is not against the law. I have no idea whether the Quitongo allegations hold any truth. However having seen fans of many clubs there are thugs, racist or otherwise, at some. Unfortunately Airdrie are one of those clubs where I've seen it. Am not saying for one minute that that reflects the views of all Airdrie fans. However, if those I've actually seen in action were involved......... 

See, I can see where you're coming from and I don't necessarily disagree with most of this. However, it's hard to ignore the fact that the original assertion (and the diluted follow up) was to the contrary of the highlighted point.

51 minutes ago, Diamonds02 said:

I know we have more skeletons in the closet than most but you did have a woman beater playing for you not so long ago.

Personally I don’t think I could support my team with someone like that wearing the shirt but to each his own eh.

At risk of sounding ignorant, which player are you talking about?

I've been supporting qp for ~7 years and I can't recall hearing anything about that, other than I suppose Kouider-Aissa (or however you spell it), but he was innocent while he played for us I believe
Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here

5 minutes ago, starshot131 said:

At risk of sounding ignorant, which player are you talking about?

I've been supporting qp for ~7 years and I can't recall hearing anything about that, other than I suppose Kouider-Aissa (or however you spell it), but he was innocent while he played for us I believe
Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here

IMG_4234.png

7 minutes ago, Diamonds02 said:

IMG_4234.png

I was under the impression that she denies he ever did anything wrong?
Regardless, some clubs seem to have a worse record than others, and I'd include Airdrie in that bracket. fwiw when I was last at the broomfield I had a lovely conversation with a guy leaving the ground, very civil, so obviously yous aren't all bad, but still it seems there is a problem

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

I mean, I’m an arsehole but I wouldn’t consider myself as a specific fringe or element. 

2 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Airdrie objectively have a considerably larger "fringe" element among their support which is much more likely to cause trouble and racially abuse players than just about any club of a similar size in the country. Doesn't mean everyone who supports Airdrie falls into that category though, obviously.

14 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Airdrie objectively have a considerably larger "fringe" element among their support which is much more likely to cause trouble and racially abuse players than just about any club of a similar size in the country. Doesn't mean everyone who supports Airdrie falls into that category though, obviously.

Does it? Just asking as you personally maintained the exact opposite, not once but twice?