The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

10 minutes ago, behindthelens said:

Turner actually had a really good game eh
I was very critical of him last season but he seems to have turned a corner over the summer (everything possible crossed)

Looks a tidy enough stadium, surely a couple of stands behind the goals (aka Falkirks gazebo) would be fine for away supporters etc...    

Do QP own it or is it part of oor willies empire....

9 minutes ago, starshot131 said:

Turner actually had a really good game eh
I was very critical of him last season but he seems to have turned a corner over the summer (everything possible crossed)

Think he was shoehorned into a more defensive role at times last season, which he really struggles with. Play him further up the park with a bit of creativite freedom and he's pretty good.

13 hours ago, Passionate said:

Looks a tidy enough stadium, surely a couple of stands behind the goals (aka Falkirks gazebo) would be fine for away supporters etc...    

Do QP own it or is it part of oor willies empire....

QP own The City Stadium, or as all QP fans call it Lesser Hampden. You are right re a couple of stands behind both goals.

34 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

QP own The City Stadium, or as all QP fans call it Lesser Hampden. You are right re a couple of stands behind both goals.

I wouldn’t mind one at either end, preferably with a slight bit of elevation. Lesser is absolutely murder for judging what’s going on at the other end of the pitch. We genuinely couldn’t have done a worse job building a stadium. 

5 hours ago, an86 said:

We genuinely couldn’t have done a worse job building a stadium. 

QP Board collectively say „Hold my jacket“

Awkward game tomorrow. Not shooty in imo. They have a good number of “on their day” players in their squad with good ability and questionable attitudes, some of them familiar to us. Beating Hibs and losing to Peterhead shows that we don’t really know what we’re getting from them. Having said that, if our players play to their abilities, it’s absolutely a game we should be winning. 

If our ex-reserve manager scores the winner against us tomorrow, I’m collecting signatures for an EGM to look at winding up the club. I don’t think we could top that in terms of comedy. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Awkward game tomorrow. Not shooty in imo. They have a good number of “on their day” players in their squad with good ability and questionable attitudes, some of them familiar to us. Beating Hibs and losing to Peterhead shows that we don’t really know what we’re getting from them. Having said that, if our players play to their abilities, it’s absolutely a game we should be winning. 

If our ex-reserve manager scores the winner against us tomorrow, I’m collecting signatures for an EGM to look at winding up the club. I don’t think we could top that in terms of comedy. 

Nothing like a prophecy coming back to haunt you later. 
Assist from Liam Brown.