The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

2 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Just skimmed the club announcement for Fieldson's signing. Don't make the same mistake I made by browsing through his father's twitter posts, though. I really wouldn't want to sit next to that guy during a match 🤣

Unfortunately I have made the same mistake you did; important to state that the team signed the son, not the father, but agreed, not a great look given the demographics & the [general]  political leanings of the area.

7 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Unfortunately I have made the same mistake you did; important to state that the team signed the son, not the father, but agreed, not a great look given the demographics & the [general]  political leanings of the area.

image.thumb.jpeg.17b6c5def2374cedbb4750804d0e7754.jpeg

4 hours ago, QPEast said:

Big fan of this however

IMG_3579.png

Aye, gotta raise him proper, none of this injury prevention woke nonsense

EDIT: wanted to see what it was he'd been saying, so just googled "twitter.com paul fieldson" (I don't have a twitter account thank f**k) and the first thing that came up was smth about an invasion from France and Spain being a Muslim country
wtf

Edited by starshot131

Poor Wee Stuart still looking for a home...

image.png.145455f4935fe3b93cf2602ca1f6f417.png

Stuart McKinstry was playing in the Premier League and enjoying the status of being a Bielsa babe just two seasons ago.

Now he is waiting for the phone to ring to see where the future leads him to. The 2024-25 campaign has kicked off and the talented 21-year-old is still without an actual club. He has lived the boyhood dream of playing for Leeds United under the legendary Marcelo Bielsa in England’s elite and then he returned to play first-team football with his boyhood heroes Motherwell.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bielsa-babe-leeds-united-after-33505315

...worth noting that when he says he was "playing in the Premier League and enjoying the status of being a Bielsa babe," he made a grand total of one Premier Leagues appearance for Leeds

2 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

Poor Wee Stuart still looking for a home...

image.png.145455f4935fe3b93cf2602ca1f6f417.png

Stuart McKinstry was playing in the Premier League and enjoying the status of being a Bielsa babe just two seasons ago.

Now he is waiting for the phone to ring to see where the future leads him to. The 2024-25 campaign has kicked off and the talented 21-year-old is still without an actual club. He has lived the boyhood dream of playing for Leeds United under the legendary Marcelo Bielsa in England’s elite and then he returned to play first-team football with his boyhood heroes Motherwell.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bielsa-babe-leeds-united-after-33505315

...worth noting that when he says he was "playing in the Premier League and enjoying the status of being a Bielsa babe," he made a grand total of one Premier Leagues appearance for Leeds

From reading that the impression I get is that he used up all the work ethic he will ever have when he was 18, and now he's just pissing about on the back of it

In fairness, he didn't write the headline and he didn't say 'I was a Bielsa babe'. That's the journalist.

I think a few of us commented at the time that McKinstry has seemingly had some mental health struggles, and this article alludes to that too. I don't think any of us know enough about his situation in that respect, so be kind.

I suspect he's not getting the greatest agent advice and he might well come to regret turning down an extension that was pretty generous of QP given last season. But good luck to him, hope he finds somewhere, and re-finds what he had going for him when he was a kid

Reposting this table from the Airdrie v QP thread.  Spiders leading the league in U21 minutes played last season. Whilst it cost us in terms of results the upside is that most of that squad have now had a full season of championship football under their belts. Let's hope that the experienced additions to our squad can make a difference and our game management improves this year.

U21 minutes.jpg

Edited by Stuntiethumper

Got to absolutely agree about the importance of getting the younger guys minutes, since it’s our entire model at present. In that sense I’d expect to see more of Mauchin, Reid and McLeish especially. 

To ‘bump’ an earlier post, has anyone heard anything about the Samuels deal? When the record post re: us it usually seems to be imminent, but this one seems to have died. 

1 hour ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Got to absolutely agree about the importance of getting the younger guys minutes, since it’s our entire model at present. In that sense I’d expect to see more of Mauchin, Reid and McLeish especially. 

To ‘bump’ an earlier post, has anyone heard anything about the Samuels deal? When the record post re: us it usually seems to be imminent, but this one seems to have died. 

No idea, but odds are that the deal was done, it’s just that the club haven’t gotten around to telling us about it yet!🤣

(obviously being facetious and am guessing the signing of Ryan Duncan on loan for the year might have trumped that signing)

Edited by Spider1975

1 hour ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Really hope either this or another deal for a striker gets done.

Thats the only gap I can see in the squad still which if filled would round off what has been a decent transfer window overall.

4 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Reposting this table from the Airdrie v QP thread.  Spiders leading the league in U21 minutes played last season. Whilst it cost us in terms of results the upside is that most of that squad have now had a full season of championship football under their belts. Let's hope that the experienced additions to our squad can make a difference and our game management improves this year.

U21 minutes.jpg

I love the wee bottom text about Morton and Livingston being excluded
Imrie and Martindale not giving space to the next generation of Scottish talent? Colour me surprised

20 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

No idea, but odds are that the deal was done, it’s just that the club haven’t gotten around to telling us about it yet!🤣

(obviously being facetious and am guessing the signing of Ryan Duncan on loan for the year might have trumped that signing)

We surely can’t go a full season with Rudden and McLeish as our only recognised strikers. An injury to either and we’re gubbed. 

So the Edinburgh City game is on the Sunday for unspecified reasons.

Saw someone suggest that Scotland might be training there on the Saturday…….meaning we still have to live up to our side of the “Hampden deal” 😅

No explanation of why the Edinburgh City game is on Sunday.

They can't just keep announcing these changes game by game. Say you are switching to Lesser for x amount of months due to the Rangers Hampden move and let the fans decide if they are happy with that or not. They are absolute cowards who are scared of fans asking for refunds on season tickets as they have moved the goalposts since they were purchased. 

Also still no announcement on the SLO’s. 22 days since applications closed.

They don't care if the fans are happy, they only care if William Haughey is happy. 

It's this minimalist approach to communication from QP that really gets my goat. It's an implied "like it or lump it" message that is consistently sent out by the club and it just needlessly gets the fans' backs up. The club seems to have forgotten (if they ever knew) that good manners cost nothing.