The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

When Rudden went off you saw what he brings to the team in terms of holding the ball up and linking up with Thomas and others.

Mcleish has good pace and is fine chasing balls over the top etc but we struggled to make the ball stick in the second half. If we are targeting a loan striker (which hopefully we are) would like it to be someone who can offer that.

1 hour ago, Spider Rico said:

When Rudden went off you saw what he brings to the team in terms of holding the ball up and linking up with Thomas and others.

Mcleish has good pace and is fine chasing balls over the top etc but we struggled to make the ball stick in the second half. If we are targeting a loan striker (which hopefully we are) would like it to be someone who can offer that.

I do think McLeish has value to add, but for me that would be up alongside Rudden rather than instead of him given Rudden’s good hold up play and distribution. 

Can only echo all that's being said. We look a fairly good unit now and we've signed well, but need a goalscorer or we need to be playing someone up with Rudden. The tricky bit is, who would you sacrifice if it's the latter?

I can't see us magicking up a 20 goal striker that no one else has spotted, so it's Rudden on his own probably. If we play like we did yesterday, that'll probably do us ok.

Great to see Jack Turner having a bigger influence on the game. Most of the creative stuff yesterday had his mark on it. He’s always been gifted but had a fitful season last year. I wonder if having Barry Nicholson whispering in his ear has made the difference.

Fair play to Cal for killing the play after his gaffe. Clearly knew it was a straight red but made sure Airdrie couldn’t score. 

The team’s shaping up nicely. I reckon we’re still a month behind where CD would want us but progress is  rapid. It’ll be interesting next week with a rookie goalie behind the rookie defence. 

21 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

Well he scored today from all of 6 inches. 

Only because their keeper mad an a--e of it. As I said before Zac has his strengths, but scoring regularly is not on of them. Young McLeish played well when he came on and looks like he has been working in the gym. 

5 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Can only echo all that's being said. We look a fairly good unit now and we've signed well, but need a goalscorer or we need to be playing someone up with Rudden. The tricky bit is, who would you sacrifice if it's the latter?

I can't see us magicking up a 20 goal striker that no one else has spotted, so it's Rudden on his own probably. If we play like we did yesterday, that'll probably do us ok.

I would put Morrison on the bench if we can sign another sticker.

11 hours ago, behindthelens said:

That Ferrie error was painful to watch. I can't imagine how you guys felt in the stands watching Wilson creep up from behind Ferrie. Stuff of horror films! One can hear the screams HE'S BEHIND YOU!!! My only consolation is that it's easier to forget because it didn't lead to us conceding a goal. 

23 hours ago, Dooflick said:

This time I have made an a--e of it, I meant McGregor.

MacGregor is one of the best players we've got, he can't come off...

Unfortunately Davidson plays with 3 at the back but for me it would be a 4-2-3-1 (with the players we've got) or a 4-4-2 (if we get the striker we need). But MacGregor can't be left out, either way.

Edited by SpiderFromMars

11 hours ago, SpiderFromMars said:

MacGregor is one of the best players we've got, he can't come off...

Unfortunately Davidson plays with 3 at the back but for me it would be a 4-2-3-1 (with the players we've got) or a 4-4-2 (if we get the striker we need). But MacGregor can't be left out, either way.

OK , so if we get another striker in who would you leave out from the team that started on Saturday. MacGregor is a skilful player but he is easily brushed off the ball.