The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

3 hours ago, Dooflick said:

OK , so if we get another striker in who would you leave out from the team that started on Saturday. MacGregor is a skilful player but he is easily brushed off the ball.

He's our joint top scorer!

1 hour ago, spiders4ever said:

He's our joint top scorer!

To be fair, MacGregor seemed to be on really good form in the league cup but maybe not quite so good in the league. He's a great player for this level but I don't think he should be immune to being dropped, and I'd rather we had the depth of good players that we can actually say "x player is good, but shouldn't play this game"

3 minutes ago, spiderman1867 said:

Everyone talking of signing another striker is all well and good,but do we drop dom to play him,because dom is actually playing as the 2nd striker,he's not playing 10 like last season behind paton and the sheriff. 

Davidson has talked on a number of occasions about his desire to play a back 4, which would make room for another attacking player.

7 minutes ago, spiderman1867 said:

Everyone talking of signing another striker is all well and good,but do we drop dom to play him,because dom is actually playing as the 2nd striker,he's not playing 10 like last season behind paton and the sheriff. 

We need cover. 

17 minutes ago, spiderman1867 said:

It’s the case if rudden is injured. Had we had sufficient depth, I very much doubt he would of played against airdrie on Saturday 

Dom will never be dropped, he’s the one player in the squad that’s totally undroppable for me. Everything ticks when he plays. A lot more consistency added to his game now since Davidson arrived, great to see he’s found a role in the side that suits his game perfectly 

11 minutes ago, qpfc said:

It’s the case if rudden is injured. Had we had sufficient depth, I very much doubt he would of played against airdrie on Saturday 

Dom will never be dropped, he’s the one player in the squad that’s totally undroppable for me. Everything ticks when he plays. A lot more consistency added to his game now since Davidson arrived, great to see he’s found a role in the side that suits his game perfectly 

He's also a proper leader these days and absolutely deserves to be captain. The club should be doing whatever it takes (within reason) to extend his contract, ideally by another couple of years.

14 minutes ago, qpfc said:

100% agree we need another striker in,but it won't be to play alongside rudden.Mcleish is ruddens back up if he's injured I think,as he replaced him on Saturday, but still need another 1 👍

10 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

He's also a proper leader these days and absolutely deserves to be captain. The club should be doing whatever it takes (within reason) to extend his contract, ideally by another couple of years.

I think a lot depends on how much we progress on the pitch this season. Another relegation scrap and wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave next summer 

However, looking at it from a different angle, he’s probably past the stage of getting another stab in the premiership. He’s the main guy at the club, most likely the highest earner and is loved by all the fans. My biggest worry would be him pitching up at a thistle or Raith. Could most likely match the wage but potentially better prospects of a promotion ? Plus there always been the odd link on socials media platforms with thistle wanting Thomas in the past

Hope I’m entirely wrong and signs a 2 year extension throughout the season 

Edited by qpfc

16 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Even down to moaning to the ref when one of our players has been fouled and he feels it should be a booking. How many times have we seen the opposition crowd the ref after a foul and a QP player ends up getting booked? The team this season seems to be a bit more streetwise than last season, and I think a lot of that is down to Dom. 

21 hours ago, spiderman1867 said:

100% agree we need another striker in,but it won't be to play alongside rudden.Mcleish is ruddens back up if he's injured I think,as he replaced him on Saturday, but still need another 1 👍

just saying...
image.png.11fdfbc59d60be210c9141afcff9379a.png

🤪

On 26/08/2024 at 13:36, exasperated spider said:

Good luck to Charlie Fox with his rehab. Better communication from the club than usual, credit where credit due.

So in the same frame of mind can we have similar for Grant Savoury ??

23 hours ago, Gall09 said:

Even down to moaning to the ref when one of our players has been fouled and he feels it should be a booking. How many times have we seen the opposition crowd the ref after a foul and a QP player ends up getting booked? The team this season seems to be a bit more streetwise than last season, and I think a lot of that is down to Dom. 

Most teams have a nominated moaner, usually a striker or midfielder, whose job it is to distract the ref from restarting the game, thus allowing the defence time to get themselves in position. Streetwise for sure. We've an experienced coaching team who between them played in defence, midfield and attack. Disrupting opponents off the ball is a skill in itself.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Most teams have a nominated moaner, usually a striker or midfielder, whose job it is to distract the ref from restarting the game, thus allowing the defence time to get themselves in position. Streetwise for sure. We've an experienced coaching team who between them played in defence, midfield and attack. Disrupting opponents off the ball is a skill in itself.

There is also this new rule that only the captain can approach the ref,if a player that's not the captain shouts at the ref its an automatic yellow card 

1 hour ago, spiderman1867 said:

There is also this new rule that only the captain can approach the ref,if a player that's not the captain shouts at the ref its an automatic yellow card 

Correct me if im wrong, but did UEFA not just implement that rule just for this summers Euros?

On 27/08/2024 at 11:18, Dooflick said:

OK , so if we get another striker in who would you leave out from the team that started on Saturday. MacGregor is a skilful player but he is easily brushed off the ball.

Coming in a striker we should move to a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1. We should do it now, btw... but with another guy in for attack definitely that.

Davidson said time and again that he wants to switch to a back four when he has the chance (don't think he will, tbh).

49 minutes ago, SpiderFromMars said:

Coming in a striker we should move to a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1. We should do it now, btw... but with another guy in for attack definitely that.

Davidson said time and again that he wants to switch to a back four when he has the chance (don't think he will, tbh).

He's said a couple of times in interviews that the lack of centre backs is the reason for playing with three centre backs. I don't think he will either, which is a shame.