The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

On 15/09/2024 at 08:02, behindthelens said:

Something quite special about the goal. Dom scored with his right foot. For a long while now it’s been noticeable that defenders have been channeling him onto his weaker foot, especially when he’s lining up from the right to do one of his curlers. The Morton defender does just that in this instance. Since the start of this season though I’ve noticed Dom shooting and passing with his right way more than he used to. Full credit to him for clearly working on his weaker foot and being a better player.

If the team captain, our best and most seasoned player, can find areas of his game to improve upon, what an inspiration that must be for the younger guys. Top man!

23 hours ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Great performance. How we didn't score more is a mystery!

Indeed, more goals would have been welcomed. However, I was encouraged on the day with amount of chances we did create.

I hope we can carry this upward momentum when we take the field at Hampden. Last season the pace at Hampden was noticeably slower when we made the move next door. 

Edited by CathcartSkins

4 hours ago, CathcartSkins said:

I hope we can carry this upward momentum when we take the field at Hampden. Last season the pace at Hampden was noticeably slower when we made the move next door. 

Agree. I was left thinking on Saturday just how much more the players seem to enjoy playing at Lesser, whatever our many misgivings about it. Their record there is pretty strong.

Without re-litigating the whole Lesser fiasco, I enjoyed the fans being closer to the players and the action, and I suspect they do too.

1 minute ago, Byekick said:

Agree. I was left thinking on Saturday just how much more the players seem to enjoy playing at Lesser, whatever our many misgivings about it. Their record there is pretty strong.

Without re-litigating the whole Lesser fiasco, I enjoyed the fans being closer to the players and the action, and I suspect they do too.

Totally agree. Much better to be closer to the action (maybe not the front two rows for me though) and maximum effort should be made to complete(!) Lesser. A decent West Stand built around the royal box is workable although that would need to be raised rather than the seats going down to trackside (a bit like Hamilton's stands). The two ends can follow at a later date although a terracing at the Letherby Drive end is not outwith possibilities.

4 hours ago, Spidersmad said:

Really enjoyed this thanks for sharing.

I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling though that the officials come across really poor in this? I understand the value of promoting the commercial side, and the money that can bring in, but to go from being all sheepish about expansions, and being unsure if they can justify the additional terracing, to follow that up with check our heated seats is insane. Surely long term building a bigger fan base will bring in far more? And although I can only speak for myself, playing at Hampden actively puts me of going to games. That might make me a bad fan but it is what it is.

Honestly looks like they're aware how awful the situation is for normal fans and couldn't care less. Stadium announcer not even being able to see the game is unreal.

Honestly this club and even lesser has so much potential it's so endlessly disappointing to see the route it's being taken, off the pitch of course.

I know it's been said before but the worse bit is all this could be changed with upfront and honest communication with the fans, about their intentions at the very least.

I'd imagine most like myself aren't unreasonable and understand the many limitations were working under currently. Just acknowledge that though, talk us through the plan and bring us along with it, expectations are already tempered, we're really not expecting much

f**king chandeliers man.

29 minutes ago, CathkinParkLoyal said:

f**king chandeliers man.

Oh, the crystal chandeliers
Light up the paintings on your walls
The marble statuettes are standing stately in the hall
But will the timely crowd that has you laughing loud
Help you dry your tears
When the new wears off of your crystal chandeliers?

Never did fit in too well with the folks you knew
When it's plain to see that the likes of me
Don't fit with you
So you traded me for the gaiety of the well to do
And you turned away from the love I offered you (Charley Pride)

Frankly I thought the interview with Gary Templeman was pretty poor, both in his version of how we got to where we are today with Lesser and in the lack of any vision for the future. 

6 hours ago, Spidersmad said:

The saddest thing about the entire episode is that Sam got more (still next to hee-haw) information about future plans etc than the club have deigned to share with us mere punters.

Fair play to him but just got me up to new levels of annoyance at the missed opportunity that Lesser is.

Edited by On the bench
Spelling 🤦‍♂️

9 hours ago, Spidersmad said:

Frankly I thought the interview with Gary Templeman was pretty poor, both in his version of how we got to where we are today with Lesser and in the lack of any vision for the future. 

Absolutely awful.  

Aside from the 'we're in the 'feasibility and costing' stage' of including supporter accommodation behind the goals, with a health warning that it's 'a big investment', comment, I reckon the most tone deaf part of the whole thing was that he'd rather watch QP play at Hampden at 5-10pc of capacity, than a fit for purpose Lesser at 90-100pc capacity.  Meanwhile I think I counted a grand total of 30 having their bums warmed in the Royal Suite.  I don't think there has ever been a greater disconnect between the Committee and general support, (assume still nothing has happened with the SLO).  

An empty Hampden, (save 1-2,000) is a depressing and soul-less experience; appreciate the team require the support and that whatever financial contribution I make is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things but am sorely tempted now to just go to away games as the notion that any of my hard earned cash goes anywhere near the pockets of these guys running the club sticks in the throat somewhat.