The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

22 minutes ago, GloriousHoops said:

IIRC it was suggested, or at least discussed, on "the pod" that could/should try Jack Turner up front. 

He is arguably our best finisher.

I'd be in favour of trying him up front beside Rudden when Thomson is fit again. 

For me Duncan drops to the bench to facilitate this.

Can't imagine Davidson will be rushing to throw a midfielder up front any time soon. I think a 4-2-3-1 with Thomson coming in as a holding midfielder and Turner moving up to the 10 is a more likely outcome. This gets Thomas back on the wing where he plays best and you can choose between Duncan/Hinds/Macgregor as the other wide player. 

8 minutes ago, Skol1867 said:

Can't imagine Davidson will be rushing to throw a midfielder up front any time soon. I think a 4-2-3-1 with Thomson coming in as a holding midfielder and Turner moving up to the 10 is a more likely outcome. This gets Thomas back on the wing where he plays best and you can choose between Duncan/Hinds/Macgregor as the other wide player. 

I think you're bang on here. Also suspect that Duncan would stay in the team as the loan players always seem to start? 

1 hour ago, Skol1867 said:

Welsh and a fully-fit Thomson would be a powerful combination. Even in a holding role they both have a decent shot and likely to take a charge at goal now and then. The three Optionals are all short-straws at the moment for differing reasons. Hinds really hasn’t had enough on the park to reinforce his potential. MacGregor has skills but struggles with even the lightest of challenges. Pie, chips and beans diet required. And Duncan, the enigma. He’s actually played over 20 first team games for Aberdeen so it looks like he’s going backwards at the moment. To be fair to CD though, most on here, me included, wrote off Tizzard and Davidson stuck with him and he’s doing much better as a straightforward centre-half. I guess he sees something in Duncan at training that’s not apparent on matchday.

Wouldn’t tamper with Turner’s game at all just now. More of what he’s doing is what’s needed, not less. I’m also wondering if Josh Scott could play higher up, with Fieldson behind him. That would be a fierce attacking combo.

6 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Welsh and a fully-fit Thomson would be a powerful combination. Even in a holding role they both have a decent shot and likely to take a charge at goal now and then. The three Optionals are all short-straws at the moment for differing reasons. Hinds really hasn’t had enough on the park to reinforce his potential. MacGregor has skills but struggles with even the lightest of challenges. Pie, chips and beans diet required. And Duncan, the enigma. He’s actually played over 20 first team games for Aberdeen so it looks like he’s going backwards at the moment. To be fair to CD though, most on here, me included, wrote off Tizzard and Davidson stuck with him and he’s doing much better as a straightforward centre-half. I guess he sees something in Duncan at training that’s not apparent on matchday.

Wouldn’t tamper with Turner’s game at all just now. More of what he’s doing is what’s needed, not less. I’m also wondering if Josh Scott could play higher up, with Fieldson behind him. That would be a fierce attacking combo.

I personally feel Josh Scott is a better wing back in a back 5 than full back in a back 4.

Having the additional protection of the wide centre back to help defend the channels means Scott can play more advanced. 
In a back 4 Fieldson certainly looks more accomplished and i’d like to see him stay there for the time being. 

i wonder if Duncan would work better in a more central position although granted he’s likely behind Thomas, McGregor & Turner for that.