The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Just now, Dooflick said:

Are these young men the guys who at the meeting on Monday night asked Keith if he could persuade the club to allow them to bring a drum to games? While we are looking for young men to follow the team surely we want them to follow the traditions of the club and not just copy what they see other teams doing?

What the f**k are the traditions of the club? 

41 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

Are these young men the guys who at the meeting on Monday night asked Keith if he could persuade the club to allow them to bring a drum to games? While we are looking for young men to follow the team surely we want them to follow the traditions of the club and not just copy what they see other teams doing?

We need something new, why try and be different? 

1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

I hope this comment is a joke?

Our support is small enough, I would welcome any youngsters who want to make a noise and support the team.

1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

Can understand people not liking drums (I don't have any strong feelings either way) but I fail to see how they go against the club's traditions.

2 hours ago, QPEast said:

What the f**k are the traditions of the club? 

I love all this misty eyed mythology about us. We’ve always strived to play the game a certain way. We behave in a certain manner. It’s all bollocks.

We had a manager for twenty years who had complaints from the locals for his industrial language at training. We had a captain, who played for us for nearly twenty years, who deliberately chopped a player down to prevent a goal in a crucial title run in game. We had a trombonist from a ska band playing at our games. 

I don’t like drums at fitba, but I’m not a young supporter. It’s not about my own personal taste. If that’s what the youngsters want to do, then let them. Any injection of enthusiasm into our support is a good thing. Only red lines for me would be stealing songs and replacing words from other Glasgow clubs and nae union jacks.

14 minutes ago, an86 said:

I love all this misty eyed mythology about us. We’ve always strived to play the game a certain way. We behave in a certain manner. It’s all bollocks.

We had a manager for twenty years who had complaints from the locals for his industrial language at training. We had a captain, who played for us for nearly twenty years, who deliberately chopped a player down to prevent a goal in a crucial title run in game. We had a trombonist from a ska band playing at our games. 

I don’t like drums at fitba, but I’m not a young supporter. It’s not about my own personal taste. If that’s what the youngsters want to do, then let them. Any injection of enthusiasm into our support is a good thing. Only red lines for me would be stealing songs and replacing words from other Glasgow clubs and nae union jacks.

What’s wrong with union jacks?

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Right hang on a minute, it's not all bollocks

I get that this is probably on the back of my comments at the accies game, and I still think it's fair to say that qp have on the whole played better football than the teams around us, at least in my lifetime. I think that's a symptom of having usually had a young squad of talented guys that are on the way up, Alan gow aside. If we go way way back of course we do have a whole raft of history about the passing game. Tiki taka? No. Decent to watch and maybe a bit naive? Yes

Drum would be good imo if people are actually gonna use it, might break up the general atmosphere of disgruntled octogenarians sitting in the comfy seats of a desolate Hampden