The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, Rufus said:

What is the hospitality like with Queens Park?

Is it in Lesser Hampden then walk down to the main stadium?

I haven't been this season yet but I'm told it's excellent value. Good food, good speakers and a wee wander down the hill from the JB McAlpine Pavilion (Lesser Hampden) to the main stadium.

2 hours ago, Rufus said:

What is the hospitality like with Queens Park?

Is it in Lesser Hampden then walk down to the main stadium?

Haven't been this season yet but as @Grumpy Soo-sider said the food is usually great as the chefs are provided by the Burnside Hotel. They are usually pretty generous with the drinks and you get the usual half time snacks and drinks at big Hampden as well before dandering back to Lesser for a post match player interview and drinks. 

14 hours ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Danny Wilson signs for Livingston on a short term deal until January. Does anyone have any insight into what went wrong for Wilson here? Had he fallen out with Davidson maybe post 5-1?

My old brain isn't as sharp as it was but wasn't it the next day (post Hibs 5-1) that it was announced he was offski? 

Considering the record of our media department, that seems uncharacteristically efficient. 

3 minutes ago, GloriousHoops said:

My old brain isn't as sharp as it was but wasn't it the next day (post Hibs 5-1) that it was announced he was offski? 

Considering the record of our media department, that seems uncharacteristically efficient. 

Double checked...... it was the 18th of July vs 16th for the game, so could have been hastily put together after a post match bust up. 

Wilson certainly wasn't the only player to have a poor game that evening, it would have been unfair IF he was singled out. 

14 hours ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Danny Wilson signs for Livingston on a short term deal until January. Does anyone have any insight into what went wrong for Wilson here? Had he fallen out with Davidson maybe post 5-1?

7 minutes ago, GloriousHoops said:

Double checked...... it was the 18th of July vs 16th for the game, so could have been hastily put together after a post match bust up. 

Wilson certainly wasn't the only player to have a poor game that evening, it would have been unfair IF he was singled out. 

If he had a break clause in his contract you'd assume there must've been a deadline on him activating it, rather than being able to do so at any point in the season, and July seems like a reasonable time for that. I'd be amazed if anything happened behind the scenes other than him making the decision that going back to America was the right thing for him and his family, and he had to either commit to doing so or staying with us for another full year. The short-term deal at Livingston is so that he can carry on looking for opportunities over there.

9 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

I have a worry that, because they're going to win heehaw this year, they'll stuff their B team with other players.

Don't think they're allowed to; as far as I can remember it's effectively their u21s that are entered into this cup.

3 minutes ago, GloriousHoops said:

I must say that I presumed Rangers B were in the Lowland League, which they are not. 

How do they even qualify for this competition? 🙃

Every Premiership team is invited to enter a "colt" side into it, most just don't make it too far thankfully; believe Ross County are the only club that generally don't bother at all. I'm fairly sure the competition rules state that it needs to be an under 21 squad they use.

5 hours ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

I have a worry that, because they're going to win heehaw this year, they'll stuff their B team with other players.

Having checked the rules, this is what it says about player eligibility: 

The competition rules also state that a ‘B’ Team are allowed to field a maximum of two ‘over age’ players. I expect we would see someone trying to get match fitness- Hagi, Lowry, Cortes etc. 

Fingers crossed however that Stenhousemuir do the goods and pump them however. 

IMG_6490.jpeg