Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

On 23/09/2024 at 13:10, Burnieman said:

I can assure you results do matter to these B teams, and no I can't see how "the whole thing" is strange & open to abuse.  These are the largest professional clubs in Scotland, do you seriously think they deliberately field weakened B teams to manipulate results/votes?

I could easily see nudges from above to to take the foot off the throttle against a pro B-team side precariously close to relegation.

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I could easily see nudges from above to to take the foot off the throttle against a pro B-team side precariously close to relegation.

Broomhill voted against at the last vote according to sources on here, so not sure where that leaves your theory.

Just now, To B or not B said:

Broomhill voted against at the last vote according to sources on here, so not sure where that leaves your theory.

I wasn't referring to any specific team.

30 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Aye of course, promising young footballers at the biggest clubs in the country are going to essentially throw games (which is what you and the other paranoid boy are implying) to influence something that in the scheme of things is rather unimportant and doesn’t even need a vote at the end of this season as was a multi year deal.

They are really going to jeopardise their career for that…

Of all the pish I’ve read in this thread in the last couple of years this could be the nadir.

I doubt you even believe what you have posted, just reckon you are bored.

Edited by Cowdenleith

8 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Aye of course, promising young footballers at the biggest clubs in the country are going to essentially throw games (which is what you and the other paranoid boy are implying) to influence something that in the scheme of things is rather In unimportant and doesn’t even need a vote at the end of this season as was a multi year deal.

Of all the pish I’ve read in this thread in the last couple of years this could be the nadir.

No B-team player is going to jeopardise their career by losing a Lowland League tie. How many times have you seen two teams settling for a draw when it suits both sides, or even deliberately losing when it means an easier opponent in the next round of a tournament? Very little fuss is generated. I'm somewhat astonished you still have faith in the basic integrity of Scottish football after being bunged these cup places on zero merit.

Edited by welshbairn

23 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Aye of course, promising young footballers at the biggest clubs in the country are going to essentially throw games (which is what you and the other paranoid boy are implying) to influence something that in the scheme of things is rather unimportant and doesn’t even need a vote at the end of this season as was a multi year deal.

Another arsey, condescending reply to someone making a fair point about the integrity of the situation. Rather than address the clear issue, you think by focusing on an irrelevant detail and attempting to mock another poster will deflect from the fact that the whole thing stinks and should never be happening in a professional league setup

11 hours ago, Spyro said:

This.... 

I personally don't think there's anything underhand going on, let's make that very clear!

You have to agree though that it is a very strange situation for a professional league and CAN be open to abuse.

Anything can be open to abuse from any club, but I doubt that anything is. 

What you're suggesting is that the B teams are open to throwing games in order to win favour.  I mean, this is peak P&B 🤦‍♂️

29 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Another arsey, condescending reply to someone making a fair point about the integrity of the situation. Rather than address the clear issue, you think by focusing on an irrelevant detail and attempting to mock another poster will deflect from the fact that the whole thing stinks and should never be happening in a professional league setup

Ah now we get down to it, again zzzz.......

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

Ah now we get down to it, again zzzz.......

You've fair changed your tune. You used to be one of the staunchest opponents of B-teams buying their way into the Lowland League, now you're leaping to their defence over any imagined slight.

6 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Anything can be open to abuse from any club, but I doubt that anything is. 

No, because they would be hurting their own points total and final league position. You know, like EVERY other professional league in the world... 

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

You've fair changed your tune. You used to be one of the staunchest opponents of B-teams buying their way into the Lowland League, now you're leaping to their defence over any imagined slight.

Changed his tune as soon as Hearts joined strangely enough.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

OK, I'll repeat once again;

I have no issue with B teams in the Pyramid and never have.

I have an issue with how they were parachuted into the LL and the Conference League nonsense, but that's history now.

B teams are here next season and probably the season after that.  Hopefully a long term solution can be found, preferably a B / Reserve League but that looks unlikely.

However the continual harping about B teams on here is boring, and now we've moved into the realms of ludicrous conspiracy theories. I mean c'mon.

Just now, Spyro said:

No, because they would be hurting their own points total and final league position. You know, like EVERY other professional league in the world... 

Changed his tune as soon as Hearts joined strangely enough.

No tune has been changed, see above.

12 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I have an issue with how they were parachuted into the LL and the Conference League nonsense, but that's history now.

If only that were true.

It looks like we're going back to the future!

12 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

B teams are here next season and probably the season after that.  Hopefully a long term solution can be found, preferably a B / Reserve League but that looks unlikely.

6 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

No tune has been changed, see above.

10 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

You've gone from telling everyone how unfair and tinpot the whole situation is, to being their biggest cheerleader as soon as you caught wind that Hearts were joining.

If you can't see (or choose to ignore) the blatant issue with sporting integrity, then I'd call that a complete 180 from what you were shouting from the rooftops a few seasons ago

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

If only that were true.

It looks like we're going back to the future!

Well it is history, the B teams are in the LL and the Conference League/Division appears dead in the water thankfully.

3 minutes ago, Spyro said:

You've gone from telling everyone how unfair and tinpot the whole situation is, to being their biggest cheerleader as soon as you caught wind that Hearts were joining.

If you can't see (or choose to ignore) the blatant issue with sporting integrity, then I'd call that a complete 180 from what you were shouting from the rooftops a few seasons ago

No you're making stuff up again.  I've explained my position and I've been consistent with that. I have not been cheerleader of anything, however if not joining in the pish that's been spouted on here about B teams and correcting myths, then I'm guilty.

Perhaps you can spell out the "blatant issue" with integrity as things stand because I can't see one.

Maybe you need to take a step back and a deep breath and think about what you're posting and stop making shit up and accusing me of stuff I didn't say.