Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

5 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

When did SPFL2 hold their vote?

lol, so why is there no automatic relegation from division 2, sorry SPFL2, it was either voted on by SPFL2 or the whole SPFL but your not getting the post are you.  It was the reply to the person above when he said premier league voting out Astro in the premier affecting the Pyramid when there's tons of other decisions in other leagues and associations that affect the pyramid

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

24 minutes ago, GordonS said:

They're not putting money into the league. They're putting money into one club.

The reason Eagleview were brought up, is because they were sponsoring the league. Not even the title sponsorship, but "matchday ball sponsor".

https://slfl.co.uk/the-scottish-lowland-football-league-announce-unique-match-ball-sponsorship-with-a-transatlantic-twist/

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

lol, so why is there no automatic relegation from division 2, sorry SPFL2, it was either voted on by SPFL2 or the whole SPFL but your not getting the post are you.  It was the reply to the person above when he said premier league voting out Astro in the premier affecting the Pyramid when there's tons of other decisions in other leagues and associations that affect the pyramid

I entirely got the post but you said SPFL 2 when the SPFL 2 can not vote on anything on its own.

It is likely that every SPFL 2 club did indeed not vote for automatic relegation but I don't know if that is true and neither do you.

In any case it hasn't prevented Edinburgh City, Cove, Kelty, Bonnyrigg and Spartans from getting there.

Just now, rockson said:

I entirely got the post but you said SPFL 2 when the SPFL 2 can not vote on anything on its own.

It is likely that every SPFL 2 club did indeed not vote for automatic relegation but I don't know if that is true and neither do you.

In any case it hasn't prevented Edinburgh City, Cove, Kelty, Bonnyrigg and Spartans from getting there.

Again, I realize that if voted on it would have been the whole SPFL but suppose at the end of the day the truth is there, there's no automatic relegation from the SPFL2.

But that quote of mine was in reply to the person that said Astro being banned from the premier league affects the pyramid but there are so many other decision is all the leagues that do the same.   In realty there are many problems with the pyramid, mostly self preservation but if you asked me that this is the stage we will all be at 7 years ago, i would have grabbed it off you

2 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Never been voted on - there was no relegation and then a pyramid play off was agreed.  That’s it.  That was the only vote related to the subject and involved the SFL and SPL clubs just as they formed the SPFL 

Edited by Cowden Cowboy

16 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

14 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Never been voted on - there was no relegation and then a pyramid play off was agreed.  That’s it.  That was the only vote related to the subject and involved the SFL and SPL clubs just as they formed the SPFL 

So just to clarify, there's never been a vote about relegation/promotion to and from SPFL2 and the Lowland league? 

Not sure but remember many quotes on here/forum and on facebook and twitter etc... that many are unhappy with the no automatic relegation from the SPFL2. So I take it the Lowland league and Highland league are happy with this and thus, have never contacted the SPFL about opening up relegation to and from SPFL2 and Lowland and Highland League ?     We all know the Lowland league have voted against opening up relegation from the Lowland so much so that a team member at the AGM proposed by (informed that it was Civil Service Strollers), that the Lowland league relegation question should not be on the table until the SPFL open up automatic relegation from SPFL2 seconded by another LL team, unknown to me.

59 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

So just to clarify, there's never been a vote about relegation/promotion to and from SPFL2 and the Lowland league? 

Not sure but remember many quotes on here/forum and on facebook and twitter etc... that many are unhappy with the no automatic relegation from the SPFL2. So I take it the Lowland league and Highland league are happy with this and thus, have never contacted the SPFL about opening up relegation to and from SPFL2 and Lowland and Highland League ?     We all know the Lowland league have voted against opening up relegation from the Lowland so much so that a team member at the AGM proposed by (informed that it was Civil Service Strollers), that the Lowland league relegation question should not be on the table until the SPFL open up automatic relegation from SPFL2 seconded by another LL team, unknown to me.

No vote - the LL and HL May have made representations but SPFL clubs have never put it to a formal vote / there’s no sign that it would have a chance of being voted through

1 minute ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

No vote - the LL and HL May have made representations but SPFL clubs have never put it to a formal vote / there’s no sign that it would have a chance of being voted through

Ok, understand that but the vote must be taken, the Lowland League and Highland league and everyoen else should put the pressure on. We know that corruption goes on within the SPFL and SFA, look at the B team tier 5 fiasco and all the underhand dealings etc... but if the question is being asked then things may start, it did with the tier 5 B teams and that was eventually stopped

17 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Ok, understand that but the vote must be taken, the Lowland League and Highland league and everyoen else should put the pressure on. We know that corruption goes on within the SPFL and SFA, look at the B team tier 5 fiasco and all the underhand dealings etc... but if the question is being asked then things may start, it did with the tier 5 B teams and that was eventually stopped

Someone would have to move for a vote under SPFL rules - there is no advantage for SPFL clubs in voting for auto relegation so can’t see it going to a vote.  There are 5 or 6 teams joined the Spfl from the pyramid - are they pushing for a vote 

2 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Someone would have to move for a vote under SPFL rules - there is no advantage for SPFL clubs in voting for auto relegation so can’t see it going to a vote.  There are 5 or 6 teams joined the Spfl from the pyramid - are they pushing for a vote 

Unknown but if they were an honest team they would vote for relegation but its a pyramid and from lower down from SPFL2 it looks corrupt with self preservation.  The teams that are usually within SPFL2, you'd think they'd have the sense to vote for relegation and promotion to the SPFL2 league then that way, if they are relegated and the Lowland and Highland have automatic promotion and 3rd best in play off, it means teams coming down have a greater chance of coming back up, which so far, that argument bows well due to no team that was relegated from the SPFL2 have came back up yet, (or as far as I remember).

I take it with all the SPFL members and SFA it only takes one member to ask for vote and needed seconded for a complete vote to happen on it, is that true?

1 minute ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Unknown but if they were an honest team they would vote for relegation but its a pyramid and from lower down from SPFL2 it looks corrupt with self preservation.  The teams that are usually within SPFL2, you'd think they'd have the sense to vote for relegation and promotion to the SPFL2 league then that way, if they are relegated and the Lowland and Highland have automatic promotion and 3rd best in play off, it means teams coming down have a greater chance of coming back up, which so far, that argument bows well due to no team that was relegated from the SPFL2 have came back up yet, (or as far as I remember).

I take it with all the SPFL members and SFA it only takes one member to ask for vote and needed seconded for a complete vote to happen on it, is that true?

Can’t remember what is required to call for a vote - doubt if it is just one plus a seconded.  Doubt if anyone will propose unless they know there is a chance of winning a vote. 

There’s nothing corrupt about it - there was no pyramid and no relegation. A pyramid was formed and SPFL clubs voted through a major change to allow promotion via a play off. That was a concession by them as they got nothing back in return from the pyramid.  Clubs who formed the pyramid knew there was no auto promotion to the SPFL when they signed up to it.  

Persuading clubs to be more easily relegated because the path back might be easier isn’t a compelling sales pitch 

11 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Can’t remember what is required to call for a vote - doubt if it is just one plus a seconded.  Doubt if anyone will propose unless they know there is a chance of winning a vote. 

There’s nothing corrupt about it - there was no pyramid and no relegation. A pyramid was formed and SPFL clubs voted through a major change to allow promotion via a play off. That was a concession by them as they got nothing back in return from the pyramid.  Clubs who formed the pyramid knew there was no auto promotion to the SPFL when they signed up to it.  

Persuading clubs to be more easily relegated because the path back might be easier isn’t a compelling sales pitch 

I'm not being bitchy, I think you know exactly what the example of corrupt is in regards to the B teams in a new tier 5.
The current Lowland league chairman went on podcast saying its a done deal, no matter what the Lowland and Highland leagues vote.
The SFA chairman and SPFL chairmen, make it public that, its the best thing and in the interest of Scottish football and  tries their hardest to influence everyone they can in the SPFL2, Lowland, Highland and above and below.

I believe the above the 3 chairman to be corrupt, all knowing, stating such but in reality it's self interest.

Regarding the pyramid, yes we know how and why it was formed and agree with you it is better now than it was but it is still broken and needs to improve from all the inside looking in and from all the outside looking in

'compelling sales pitch'

This is not a sale pitch, It is supposed to be a pyramid with functioning promotion and relegation but it is not, with the worst team every year in the SPFL2 who finish bottom are allowed a safety net, its not only wrong its embarrassing for Scottish football.   In regards to comment I made regarding teams who have been relegated from the SPFL 2 have in FACT never been promoted back, it makes total sense if the promotion and relegation were opened up, wouldn't make it easier, it would make it fairer.   There is no doubt in my mind, any club who voted against this would be voting in self interest.

50 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Wasn't it intrinsically linked to the merger of the SPL and SFL rather than a stand alone decision?

Edited by Burnieman

42 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I'm not being bitchy, I think you know exactly what the example of corrupt is in regards to the B teams in a new tier 5.
The current Lowland league chairman went on podcast saying its a done deal, no matter what the Lowland and Highland leagues vote.
The SFA chairman and SPFL chairmen, make it public that, its the best thing and in the interest of Scottish football and  tries their hardest to influence everyone they can in the SPFL2, Lowland, Highland and above and below.

I believe the above the 3 chairman to be corrupt, all knowing, stating such but in reality it's self interest.

Regarding the pyramid, yes we know how and why it was formed and agree with you it is better now than it was but it is still broken and needs to improve from all the inside looking in and from all the outside looking in

'compelling sales pitch'

This is not a sale pitch, It is supposed to be a pyramid with functioning promotion and relegation but it is not, with the worst team every year in the SPFL2 who finish bottom are allowed a safety net, its not only wrong its embarrassing for Scottish football.   In regards to comment I made regarding teams who have been relegated from the SPFL 2 have in FACT never been promoted back, it makes total sense if the promotion and relegation were opened up, wouldn't make it easier, it would make it fairer.   There is no doubt in my mind, any club who voted against this would be voting in self interest.

Nothing unfair about it - it’s a variant on the most common system but teams still get promoted on merit.  Others get relegated. Watching the Olympics you see the repechage in some sports - a second chance saloon, safety net if you like

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Yes a range of issues were covered in a global vote. 

So it wasn't really a magnanimous gesture from the SPFL, it was part of a package of changes to ensure the merger took place.  Likelihood is, if it was a stand alone proposal it would have failed.

12 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

So it wasn't really a magnanimous gesture from the SPFL, it was part of a package of changes to ensure the merger took place.  Likelihood is, if it was a stand alone proposal it would have failed.

Still was voted through by the members so the pyramid was given a promotion opportunity they previously did not have when providing more or less nothing in return.  The proposal for auto relegation offers nothing in return to Spfl clubs so it doesn’t look all that fair.  

1 minute ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Still was voted through by the members so the pyramid was given a promotion opportunity they previously did not have when providing more or less nothing in return.  The proposal for auto relegation offers nothing in return to Spfl clubs so it doesn’t look all that fair.  

Which would not have happened had the SFL not merged with the SPL, let's keep it real.

Why do the SPFL need to get something back in return to do the right thing and go to auto relegation the same as all other leagues?

49 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

It's not or should not be about, (about nothing in return), the pyramid should not be what SPFL clubs could attain at the time it should have been about getting Scottish football on a fair and even keel for everyone club with the possibility to progress and fans of all teams throughout Scotland benefiting with the highs and (lows).  Actually when you think of it, what the SPFL2 teams gain were better teams than them, giving a small chance of promotion.

The English league did it in 2002/03 with the National league gaining two promotion teams to League 2. This was caused by lot of outcry previously with no relegations places, obviously  a bigger nation but they have two automatic relegations from Division 2

On 08/08/2024 at 18:34, FairWeatherFan said:

The reason Eagleview were brought up, is because they were sponsoring the league. Not even the title sponsorship, but "matchday ball sponsor".

https://slfl.co.uk/the-scottish-lowland-football-league-announce-unique-match-ball-sponsorship-with-a-transatlantic-twist/

Ah thanks, they don't mention that on their website, strangely. I can't relate to why they're doing it but I'm happy to take their money.