Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

48 minutes ago, Eadie is God said:

You do have to wonder what the next move will be from the SPFL/SFA after their Conference league proposal was kyboshed.

They don’t usually just let these kind of things go and I wouldn’t be surprised if the plan was brought back with a couple of changes and a few palms greased.

Doncaster's Scottish Conference League Limited is still active and was updated in May.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC768587

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

Nah, he's just got a selective memory and would rather engage in personal insults rather than discussing the actual issues people have with the league. I only posted once in ages but he chooses to claim that he hasn't jumped on pretty much one of my posts in this section since I called his team a bunch of hypocrites and sell-outs

I stated a few days back that I could see one very minor interaction with you in recent weeks, and that I couldn’t really remember you otherwise.

You seemed offended that I didn’t recognise your importance, and for that I can only apologise, I am sure you are a very important person, somewhere. Just not in my world.

Here’s a challenge for you - find these posts that I have supposedly jumped on you about. If you find any they will be many, many months ago, as really who the hell remembers stuff like that?  

59 minutes ago, Eadie is God said:

You do have to wonder what the next move will be from the SPFL/SFA after their Conference league proposal was kyboshed.

They don’t usually just let these kind of things go and I wouldn’t be surprised if the plan was brought back with a couple of changes and a few palms greased.

It's history don't you know.

We should all stop talking about it. Roll over and just accept it. Done deal and all that.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

God man, stop being so passive aggressive.

Your opinion re b teams appears to have softened somewhat from the beginning.

You sure, you aint in politics.

Eh? aye OK 🤦‍♂️

You weren't even here "at the start" were you?

Edited by Burnieman

17 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's history don't you know.

We should all stop talking about it. Roll over and just accept it. Done deal and all that.

giphy.gif

If that's aimed at me my point is why keep re-hashing the past, it's done and can't be changed.

Eadie is wondering where does it go from here, which is a much more interesting point to ponder.

I can't see B teams continuing in the LL beyond what's already been agreed, but neither do I see this new SFA sponsored review into youth development going very far either.  Maybe we'll just get to the point that there is no B or reserve football at all and once you're too old for U18 it's either first team or loan or release.

We're shite in Scotland at developing youth players as the review highlighted, and that will likely continue.

Edited by Burnieman

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

Eh? aye OK 🤦‍♂️

You weren't even here "at the start" were you?

You're like the wife. Always right.

Came across p&b in 2016. Read it for a while whilst watching juniors after finished youth coaching.

Only joined in 2022, when started following WOS Div 4 and SOS.

Anything else?

I can't see B teams continuing in the LL beyond what's already been agreed,

It was agreed for ONE season only and here we are how many seasons down the line still talking about them?

Agreements have been broken to get to where we are today. I won't hold you to that. :thumbsdown

9 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

You're like the wife. Always right.

Came across p&b in 2016. Read it for a while whilst watching juniors after finished youth coaching.

Only joined in 2022, when started following WOS Div 4 and SOS.

Anything else?

Nice one...

5 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

It was agreed for ONE season only and here we are how many seasons down the line still talking about them?

Agreements have been broken to get to where we are today. I won't hold you to that:thumbsdown

Indeed, it's only my opinion/guess/crystal ball prediction of what could happen.

What's yours?

Edited by Burnieman

We're shite in Scotland at developing youth players as the review highlighted, and that will likely continue.

Never a truer word has been spoken.

The tales I could tell y'all about the disaster that was the introduction if that pro youth crap, and the amount if boys it killed their love of the game.

Heh look I agreed with you.

Not convinced the b team/reserve thing while quietly sail off into the sunset. If our football hierarchy have taught us one thing; they don't have a clue how to run our game to the benefit of the game.

9 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

If anything was happening they'd have been binned years ago I think it'll be difficult to remove them now. 

They only exist as guest clubs on member votes.  They will be there next season followed by an option of a third if they want it.  After that, if nothing else changes and they want to continue, it goes to another vote I'd imagine.  The dynamics of LL membership may have changed in those 3 years.

2 hours ago, Burnieman said:

If that's aimed at me my point is why keep re-hashing the past, it's done and can't be changed.

Eadie is wondering where does it go from here, which is a much more interesting point to ponder.

I can't see B teams continuing in the LL beyond what's already been agreed, but neither do I see this new SFA sponsored review into youth development going very far either.  Maybe we'll just get to the point that there is no B or reserve football at all and once you're too old for U18 it's either first team or loan or release.

I just can’t see the SFA/SPFL letting their proposal die.

They don’t like losing and will no doubt have been working on the clubs that were against the conference idea.