Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

On 14/08/2023 at 15:39, ParkTheBusFitbaPod said:

I’ve given it another listen, but not convinced you guys are watching games you go to.

I appreciate the comments were made with maroon tinted specs so fair enough, but to say there ‘wasn’t much between the teams’ at the Hearts B v Cowden game last Friday was hilarious.

Did you miss the first 30 minutes of the game when we could have been 3 or 4 up but for a wonderful performance from your keeper, which continued in the second half with another string of saves.  Only chances I remember for Hearts were the goal and one right near full time.

Also ‘worst game of the season’. Why, because you lost?   

And don’t forget the obligatory dig at the Cowden fans, same as the last episode.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

I’ve given it another listen, but not convinced you guys are watching games you go to.

I appreciate the comments were made with maroon tinted specs so fair enough, but to say there ‘wasn’t much between the teams’ at the Hearts B v Cowden game last Friday was hilarious.

Did you miss the first 30 minutes of the game when we could have been 3 or 4 up but for a wonderful performance from your keeper, which continued in the second half with another string of saves.  Only chances I remember for Hearts were the goal and one right near full time.

And don’t forget the obligatory dig at the Cowden fans, same as the last episode.

I didn't actually have a dig at the Cowdenbeath support. If it came across like that it shouldn't have. I said they brought a good support for a Friday night and had forgot how well they were backed. 

I did think they players were moaners though. 

Sometimes being on different ends of results can make you see things differently of course but the game fizzled out. Second half was probably just a scrappy one and wasn't great. Cowdenbeath got the winner so it obviously seems better. I like to think I'm honest enough that we got  pummeled i would tell you.

4 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Even Liam Fox said his side could have been more behind Hearts didn't deserve to be level at the break, young McFarlane in goal had a brilliant game for the Jambos.

On 14/08/2023 at 15:39, ParkTheBusFitbaPod said:

The one thing that let you guys down this episode is the heavy arguing against Linlithgow's red cards. Both were stonewallers. And then the old myth that "denying a goal scoring opportunity" is somehow new and replaced the "last man rule". There literally has never been a "last man rule", it's always been denying a goal scoring opportunity and those fouls have always been reds according to the laws of the game.

5 hours ago, approximately dave said:

What's happened to Celtic B, three defeats in six games?

They should quit now with Rangers B walking away before the season started they have no reason anymore to play in this league.

Did your club vote to let them in for the coin?

Berwick v Celtic B perfectly summed up why the B teams offer nothing to the league and was always just a pathetic, prolonged display of brown-nosing by a variety of men in suits.

Berwick played to win as a team and went apeshit when the winner went in on 93 minutes. Celtic, by contrast, played as 11 individuals, purely interested in self promotion, and didn't give much of a toss that they lost. 

And that is precisely how the participation of the B teams was designed to be, all along. 

17 hours ago, Redcar said:

Berwick v Celtic B perfectly summed up why the B teams offer nothing to the league and was always just a pathetic, prolonged display of brown-nosing by a variety of men in suits.

Berwick played to win as a team and went apeshit when the winner went in on 93 minutes. Celtic, by contrast, played as 11 individuals, purely interested in self promotion, and didn't give much of a toss that they lost. 

And that is precisely how the participation of the B teams was designed to be, all along. 

am I right in saying their first season in they demanded both changing rooms at Berwick and for a fridge to be brought in and when Berwick said no they spat the dummy and got changed on the bus or something? feel like I heard someone say that to me but I could be totally wrong

5 minutes ago, RJShire said:

am I right in saying their first season in they demanded both changing rooms at Berwick and for a fridge to be brought in and when Berwick said no they spat the dummy and got changed on the bus or something? feel like I heard someone say that to me but I could be totally wrong

That's news to me. Can't confirm or deny. 

1 minute ago, Redcar said:

That's news to me. Can't confirm or deny. 

fair, i'm sure someone at Berwick told me that at an away day in the first season of the B team introduction. could have totally made this up...never know these days haha