The Patrick Grady Affair

ICTChris

Just now, alta-pete said:

I think we’re dancing on the head of a pin here. 

No, no we are not.

There's a big difference between fairly remunerated and has been pointed out elsewhere, being on the duck island on your moat end of the spectrum.

There's also a big difference between the terms and conditions at Holyrood and those available in London and I'd disagree with Nicola Sturgeon's low level politicking.

3 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

Which would completely negate the point made by @KingRocketman II.  Writing to someone insisting they should give part of their salary to charity is just the politics of envy.

I also don’t get the problem with the payment of legitimate expenses.  Abuse of expenses is not on, and should be a disciplinary issue.  Office rent, equipment costs etc are prerequisites of being able to represent your constituents.  

^^^^^ Nose in the trough, imvho

16 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

Which would completely negate the point made by @KingRocketman II.  Writing to someone insisting they should give part of their salary to charity is just the politics of envy.

I also don’t get the problem with the payment of legitimate expenses.  Abuse of expenses is not on, and should be a disciplinary issue.  Office rent, equipment costs etc are prerequisites of being able to represent your constituents.  

Grady is not a random member of the public as you are trying to portray. His position , employment and salary for that matter as an MP is contingent on being voted in by his constituents on the back of his pledges, manifesto and political party ethos. Anyway we are clearly on opposite ends of the argument which is absolutely fine - though to throw in a "politics of envy" statement in support of your argument is very Tory of you ha

3 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

Grady is not a random member of the public as you are trying to portray. His position , employment and salary for that matter as an MP is contingent on being voted in by his constituents on the back of his pledges, manifesto and political party ethos. Anyway we are clearly on opposite ends of the argument which is absolutely fine - though to throw in a "politics of envy" statement in support of your argument is very Tory of you ha

Who mentioned “random member of the public”?  And if he was elected on a manifesto, can you point me to where it said that they wouldn’t accept any pay rise voted through?

There is no argument. Writing to someone insisting they take part of their salary and donate it to charity is p***kish behaviour.  

1 hour ago, Wee Bully said:

Who mentioned “random member of the public”?  And if he was elected on a manifesto, can you point me to where it said that they wouldn’t accept any pay rise voted through?

There is no argument. Writing to someone insisting they take part of their salary and donate it to charity is p***kish behaviour.  

p***kish haha. 

2 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

You did read the article? How else would you expect Nicola to have communicated such direction to her MSPs? 

2 hours ago, alta-pete said:

You did read the article? How else would you expect Nicola to have communicated such direction to her MSPs? 

You did read the article?  It says nothing about MSP’s pay, other than to confirm it is increasing.

It is Scottish Ministers pay that they have capped.  This isn’t complicated.