Decent fitba goals for the garden.

57 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

There was a lockup full of garages near where I lived when I was younger. It was a great place to play football.

No need for VAR, because garage doors make a f**k of a racket when you skelp them with a ball.

I used to play on my street with either our own garage door, when my dad wasn't about, or a big electrical unit thing up the road. We lived 2 mins from a football pitch that had a "no ball games sign" the owner would gate up the fence near by so it was quite a climb and if you did make it in he'd come out and go crazy and shout at you...

2 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

I used to play on my street with either our own garage door, when my dad wasn't about, or a big electrical unit thing up the road. We lived 2 mins from a football pitch that had a "no ball games sign" the owner would gate up the fence near by so it was quite a climb and if you did make it in he'd come out and go crazy and shout at you...

At aged 39 "no ball games" signs still absolutely boil my piss. The same selfish, grey haired, nimby arseholes who lobby for these signs are the same ones who complain that weans are too fat, or that they get up to mischief (which they will do when opportunities for play have been taken away).

I always mind my ma (who moaned about her not particularly noisy neighbours so much you'd think she'd signed up to live in a Trappist monastery) saying that while she liked quiet she much preferred to hear bairns playing loudly and boisterously nearby. If you live in suburbia you should expect, nay, promote that.

Anyway, hijacking the thread to moan about, essentially a PTTGOMN.

I hope you get some nice goals Thorongil. My da' once made us goals from wood. They looked great, but didn't survive the first use. My da', as it turns out, was the worst DIY-er in South Lanarkshire. Shelves which would be outlived by mayflies. That sort of thing.

4 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Surely the greatest feeling as a kid is hitting a 20 yard raker in off the top of a traffic cone and seeing ball going one way and the cone spinning end or end the other ?

This.