First Divison 22/23

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

Personal point of view but I can't. For many years I have not been tempted to buy any food from inside a football stadium. Beer (outside UK) or a bottle of water maybe but don't find the concept of going two hours without food that difficult.

In the same man. Always bring a bottle of water with me. But accept for a large number food etc. is part and parcel of the whole experience. And as @PossilYM states they shouldn't be denied it.

PS as a vegan could probably only eat at Forest Green Rovers. 😉

32 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Where have they said that? The post I quoted earlier with the photos referred to a "food cube" and what was available.

Are you saying they are giving it away, if so I'm getting a season ticket.

I bet you go to random funerals to get at the scran afterwards! 😂😂😂

32 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Putting photos up of a spread for the blazers is hardly catering for visiting fans.

Btw what the eff is a food cube?

Is this a Lanarkshire thing?

Eh naw. As I have stated earlier most inside the Buckie Triangle dine at the many fine fast food diners in the area. Please keep up. 😁😁😁

32 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Lets go down the route of newlandsfield being  a licensed stadium  then , however what's the benefit in becoming licensed if they can only get 900 people fitted into a ground that should easily be a 3,000 capacity? All the work they've done with floodlights and becoming licenced to only be allowed 900 inside their ground? Where's the merit in doing so? 

But you said Gartcairn's stadium was allowed more than Newlandsfield. I was just pointing out that's not the case.

Jeez what have Gartcairn done to offend.

Seriously though as long as the debate is reasonable and measured and not just an open attack on cages,  there are valid and succinct points being made. I'm not on here to defend cages blindly but trying to keep a balance. There are traditional grounds I've visited that leave something to be desired from my perspective.

4 minutes ago, glensmad said:

But you said Gartcairn's stadium was allowed more than Newlandsfield. I was just pointing out that's not the case.

Without  getting in the middle, the attendance limit set by the corporation, jeez really showing my age, is not relevant to facilities for fans at West games.

And speaking of Southside Nou Camp as a fan of many years, it has had it's issues. It has been joked about on here for ages without questioning the legality of Loks existence.

2 hours ago, beithboy said:

I understand why clubs go down this route with Astro parks that resemble cages as they can get the extra income from hiring the park out. Gratcairn is a good example of one not being properly thought out, there is only spectator standing/seating down one side of the park.  So if they managed a good cup run say and drew a Pollok,, Clydebank or Talbot who all have large travelling support there would not be the capacity to accommodate them all. and as already has been mentioned you need to leave the cage for toilets food etc.  (not picking on Gartcairn BTW but i have visited their park).  I also dislike there are some of these grounds with no terracing  and you are standing at pitch level. 

Gartcairn will be playing all these teams next season as they have been promoted.

19 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I give up! Can @Cairn Cheerleaderdraw a map to where the catering is in MTC.

They had a food outlet inside the cage (just to the left of the entrance) for the South Cup Semi Final which sold all the usual pies, tea/coffee etc but as that is the only game I've been at the MTC I'm not sure if that was only there for the semi final. 

3 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Gartcairn will be playing all these teams next season as they have been promoted.

Looking forward to the feedback on here already.

🤔🤔🤔

2 minutes ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

Should be mandatory in places where a ‘rangers’ is the only option 🤣 

The 'take it to another thread' Thread for this I would say. 😉😉

5 hours ago, PossilYM said:

No doubt through time some of the cages will develop if the teams have success on the park and move up the leagues.

Other teams will move elsewhere if they get success.

Sadly i believe Gartcairn can't sell food or drink for profit because it's a council facility.

No we can as it's our let and we can do what we want within reason. However we like to give away food and sweets etc to make the paying public enjoy the experience. An example of this is we give out hot water bottles before the game and fill them up again at half time on a cold day, we give away any excess cakes and pies after halftime. We are a family club and sometimes a family club is not the usual football atmosphere but more of a day out.

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'll concede I don't know that.

You can as we use a small burger van so it's not to bad however by next season you would enter MTC park from the turnstyles at the corner of the ground before walking past toilets, bigger food cube and new changing rooms before then entering the actual park. We are also looking to extend the other end so people can walk behind the far away goals and have a stand over it kind of like kilwinning

2 minutes ago, Cairn Cheerleader said:

No we can as it's our let and we can do what we want within reason. However we like to give away food and sweets etc to make the paying public enjoy the experience. An example of this is we give out hot water bottles before the game and fill them up again at half time on a cold day, we give away any excess cakes and pies after halftime. We are a family club and sometimes a family club is not the usual football atmosphere but more of a day out.

Really need to try and get up to the MTC next season. Only a 2hr plus drive. Used to drive past it every day when working shifts in EK. To be able to see the improvements from the Leisure Centre  would be interesting. 

Again an example of how to let a new club grow organically. Keep the faith brother. 👍👍

Just now, Cairn Cheerleader said:

You can as we use a small burger van so it's not to bad however by next season you would enter MTC park from the turnstyles at the corner of the ground before walking past toilets, bigger food cube and new changing rooms before then entering the actual park. We are also looking to extend the other end so people can walk behind the far away goals and have a stand over it kind of like kilwinning

You'll still get the moaners. Kudos for coming on here and engaging with the masses.👏👏

I get all these points from experienced non league supporters and all these grounds with atmosphere and better facilities, we are 8 years old and working with a council lol nothing happens quickly if at all. We will be ready for next season and I'll concede it won't be the best ground the big teams will come to but it will have one of the best playing surfaces, under cover seats and a friendly welcome. 

out of curiosity, what grounds in the premier have under cover seating? 

213641A0-83EC-4A90-8571-AB6A56C01282.jpeg

A7A56F7C-B358-493F-87A1-5C40A5946FB0.jpeg