Fourth Division 22/23

On 09/06/2023 at 13:09, Dev said:

Earlier in this(?) thread there was mention of Knightswood FC having applied too. Haven't check with their web-site or facebook but there are links on the net.

www.facebook.com/knightswoodfootballclub/?locale=en_GB

www.knightswoodfootballclub.com

Will be a very interesting league if they get in. 16 teams just like the other divisions, new teams, fairly new teams, some established junior sides that got relegated last season. 

Threave will be so happy they scraped promotion. At least in Div 3 there are some teams within 100 miles of CD.

Not helping my discussion with good old vt 're the West coverage letting another Glesca team in.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, The nameless tim said:

Think Glenvale will be up there this season, some of the boys they have on loan from JB are really talented especially Brian Connor who in my opinion could play in the in the prem. Extremely surprised to see him been loaned out from JB.

There is a cautionary tale to be told. Last season West Park brought in a number of players that could be said to be off a higher level. It was a success as WP won the division. The manager moved on and basically took the entire team with him. 

They have found a new manager who has assembled an entire new squad. Time will tell how they fair in Div 3.

8 hours ago, The nameless tim said:

Think Glenvale will be up there this season, some of the boys they have on loan from JB are really talented especially Brian Connor who in my opinion could play in the in the prem. Extremely surprised to see him been loaned out from JB.

Don't worry Brian is getting well rewarded. Aye Glenvale will be up there 

On 15/06/2023 at 21:16, santheman said:

So with Campbeltown staying and 2 midweek games to start the season who do we think will draw the short straw (assuming Campbeltown aren't given 2 away games)

Were they considering withdrawing? The effort the management/committee/fans put in is unbelievable with a ground/pitch some higher ranked clubs would be envious off with more upgrades to Kintyre Park just been completed.

For a such a small catchment area for players and alot moving else where for work they do ok in my opinion but will always be up against it.

Edited by AM-1

11 hours ago, AM-1 said:

Were they considering withdrawing? The effort the management/committee/fans put in is unbelievable with a ground/pitch some higher ranked clubs would be envious off with more upgrades to Kintyre Park just been completed.

For a such a small catchment area for players and alot moving else where for work they do ok in my opinion but will always be up against it.

Think they were at some point last season.

At least there's no midweek games which was sensible but 2 successive away games in 2 weeks to Royal Albert and Newmains is a tough gig travelling wise. I honestly don't know how they cope with it but they seem to do ok despite all the trouble with landslides on the Rest and be Thankful road.

Smashing wee ground, friendly people and a great away day.

35 minutes ago, santheman said:

Think they were at some point last season.

At least there's no midweek games which was sensible but 2 successive away games in 2 weeks to Royal Albert and Newmains is a tough gig travelling wise. I honestly don't know how they cope with it but they seem to do ok despite all the trouble with landslides on the Rest and be Thankful road.

Smashing wee ground, friendly people and a great away day.

They have 2 successive away games due to them not having a home midweek game.

Hats of to the Campbeltown folks-the travelling and effort just to keep the team going is incredible and as has been said they have been working away on the ground which is their own ground and far superior to many in much higher divisions in the WOSFL.

We played the Pupils a couple of seasons ago and a nicer friendly bunch you couldn’t meet-as well a great wee group of fans who travelled the crazy distance to back their team too!

On 26/07/2023 at 12:26, The nameless tim said:

Noah Young and Lee Kilbride are outstanding young players. I wouldn’t have been surprised if we had kept Lee Kilbride as number 1 for this season. Gordon Meredith is a top former Burgh player also. I’d have Glenvale to win it next season.