The Queen of the South thread

he was decent last season at Forfar, but was very inconsistent

He's actually barely played for us.

He started brightly enough, but got injured and has only made a tentative return this week.

We've really struggled for goals, so we're hoping he can help remedy that on the run-in.

he was decent last season at Forfar, but was very inconsistent

MT was being a touch "smart". Dale broke his foot in the first game of the season, came back a couple of months later and broke it again after 45 mins. He then had an op to insert a metal pin and has been a used sub in the last two games as his comeback continues.

We obviously havent seen that much of him but his cameos have been very good with good pace and touch and an outstanding injury time equaliser at Annan in one of the early cup games. If he can remain fully fit he looks like he could be a very important player for us.

Bottom six in the top division is not much better than the top six from the Championship. Players released from the likes of Kilie would be lucky to get a start at Annan or Stranraer.

You talk a fair bit of shite.

Raith winning today means we've got a really big week ahead of us, starting on Tuesday.

We're successively away to the three sides, battling with us for fourth (although St Mirren's battle now looks lost).

What do you think we need?

Personally, I think we must take something at Raith and must definitely win at least one of the three, possibly two.

We need to still be very much in touch by the time Raith come here in April.

I never feel confident about us in away games, but something good must happen on that front in the next week or so. How many points do people think we'll take/need from these three games?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Raith winning today means we've got a really big week ahead of us, starting on Tuesday.

We're successively away to the three sides, battling with us for fourth (although St Mirren's battle now looks lost).

Personally, I think we must take something at Raith and must definitely win at least one of the three, possibly two.

I never feel confident about us in away games, but something good must happen on that front in the next week or so. How many points do people think we'll take/need from these three games?

Would be genuinely surprised if we take more than 2 points tbh.

Will Fowler be around next season ?

Has he did enough to get a new contract ?

Do we want to see another season of defensive boring football ?

For me give him one more season if no improvement then get rid next summer

You're giving him another season now ??? Make your mind up Jack

Fair play to Raith for scoring four goals - something that it is very hard to imagine us doing.

No doubt that Raith are firmly in the driving seat for 4th place.

If we have any aspirations of overhauling them now is the time to start playing positive football and trying to win games home and away. To do that we need to play two players up top IMHO and show a high level of urgency

A win against Raith would clearly be great but we cannot afford to lose the game as a 7 point deficit would be very very difficult to eradicate.

Next 3 games are all extremely tough 4 points would be a solid outcome so long as we dont lose to Raith. Ithink we have a very tough run in and it will be wins that will make the difference and far better to go all out to convert draws into wins.

Raith are now strong favourites and unless we show a diferent attacking outlook in the run in I can see us coming up short. For Tuesday we have a big advantage - the extra rest period so lets hope we go all out to win this one from the off.

First and foremost make sure we dont lose in kircaldy. I really think it will be a tight game probably a draw. After that we need to be taking at least 4 ftom morton and St mirren. Anything less and I think it's game over.

First and foremost make sure we dont lose in kircaldy. I really think it will be a tight game probably a draw. After that we need to be taking at least 4 ftom morton and St mirren. Anything less and I think it's game over.

Fair play to Raith for scoring four goals - something that it is very hard to imagine us doing.

No doubt that Raith are firmly in the driving seat for 4th place.

If we have any aspirations of overhauling them now is the time to start playing positive football and trying to win games home and away. To do that we need to play two players up top IMHO and show a high level of urgency

A win against Raith would clearly be great but we cannot afford to lose the game as a 7 point deficit would be very very difficult to eradicate.

Next 3 games are all extremely tough 4 points would be a solid outcome so long as we dont lose to Raith. Ithink we have a very tough run in and it will be wins that will make the difference and far better to go all out to convert draws into wins.

Raith are now strong favourites and unless we show a diferent attacking outlook in the run in I can see us coming up short. For Tuesday we have a big advantage - the extra rest period so lets hope we go all out to win this one from the off.

Yes, I'd also probably take four points right now, so long as the defeat doesn't come first.

I'm going for 9 points.

First and foremost make sure we dont lose in kircaldy. I really think it will be a tight game probably a draw. After that we need to be taking at least 4 ftom morton and St mirren. Anything less and I think The game over.
The game has never really started for us this season.

Sadly we are not good enough this season for the top 4.

Raith have made some good signing in the Jan. window doing what we should have done.

Raith scoring 4 goals we are lucky if we get 4 shot,s at goal must be great to watch attacking football

We certainly cant afford to lose all three if we want 4th and Raith is necessarily the most important of the three. Its far from over if we happen to lose there though. We would be 7 behind with a game in hand against Dumbarton and a head to head at Palmerston to come.

Some big games ahead though. Once through these next three we will have 8 games left including trips to Ibrox and Easter Road where anything got would be a bonus. I have said previously with Raith finishing at Livi while we are at Easter Road and looking like they will have the better goal difference we probably need to get ourselves 4 points ahead going into the final week. Its going to be difficult. Could have done with St Mirren getting something today.

We certainly cant afford to lose all three if we want 4th and Raith is necessarily the most important of the three. Its far from over if we happen to lose there though. We would be 7 behind with a game in hand against Dumbarton and a head to head at Palmerston to come.

Some big games ahead though. Once through these next three we will have 8 games left including trips to Ibrox and Easter Road where anything got would be a bonus. I have said previously with Raith finishing at Livi while we are at Easter Road and looking like they will have the better goal difference we probably need to get ourselves 4 points ahead going into the final week. Its going to be difficult. Could have done with St Mirren getting something today.

Your £1 or £10 bet that you have lost just give the money to Queens somehow.

Looks like you are finally saying what I told you months ago that Queens will not make the top 4.

We just do not want to or try and score enough goals.

We need a striker could have got Hardie on loan but instead we sign Murdoch from Rangers another midfielder.