The Queen of the South thread

I wouldn't inform them of anything as you've got me doubting it now. We absolutely definitely had the blue and yellow away one for two seasons, one with each sponsor as I've physically got two replicas with different sponsors. I'm now doubting myself about the home one though. There will be programme photos. I'll check tomorrow.

EDIT - In fact I see the info on Historical kits is actually credited to me for that period so it's probably right already. I do recall speaking to the guy many years ago and looking stuff up for him.

That's fine SD. I was just about to inform Dave Moor at HFK but thought I'd re-check this thread first.

I'd assume that was solely a marketing decision to try to sell more purple shirts.

I was thinking it was a marketing ploy to sell their new away kit also, although the blue and purple shirts seemed to clash slightly on the day.

I was thinking it was a marketing ploy to sell their new away kit also, although the blue and purple shirts seemed to clash slightly on the day.

They did. And that's probably why they switched to the green for the second one, although we had to get agreement that the referee was happy with both team having white sleeves.

I wouldn't inform them of anything as you've got me doubting it now. We absolutely definitely had the blue and yellow away one for two seasons, one with each sponsor as I've physically got two replicas with different sponsors. I'm now doubting myself about the home one though. There will be programme photos. I'll check tomorrow.

EDIT - In fact I see the info on Historical kits is actually credited to me for that period so it's probably right already. I do recall speaking to the guy many years ago and looking stuff up for him.

Yes, the blue and yellow striped one definitely had the OU sponsor on it later. I'm almost certain that the white one did too.

Seriously, I really think it did. Would it not have been unusual then for a kit to only be worn for one season?

In fact, if we definitely had the striped one for two seasons and the website is accurate, wouldn't that mean that for a year, Matchwinner supplied our away kits, while le coq sportif provided the home one?

That doesn't sound terribly likely.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Yes, the blue and yellow striped one definitely had the OU sponsor on it later. I'm almost certain that the white one did too.Seriously, I really think it did. Would it not have been unusual then for a kit to only be worn for one season?

I think Queens would have changed their home kit almost every season back then, well going with the kits listed anyway.

I think Queens would have changed their home kit almost every season back then, well going with the kits listed anyway.

Yes, I was looking at that. I certainly don't recall them changing that often and when you look at them on the site, any change from year to year is often barely visible.

Yes, the blue and yellow striped one definitely had the OU sponsor on it later. I'm almost certain that the white one did too.

Seriously, I really think it did. Would it not have been unusual then for a kit to only be worn for one season?

In fact, if we definitely had the striped one for two seasons and the website is accurate, wouldn't that mean that for a year, Matchwinner supplied our away kits, while le coq sportif provided the home one?

That doesn't sound terribly likely.

We had the white one for two seasons. A quick google of "Queen of the South match worn shirts" brings up one with the OU on it. I had the Fiat one. I would post the link but I am posting from my phone and cannot copy and paste it.

The blue and yellow had Fiat as a sponsor too, so it is fair to say we had them both for two seasons.

Yes, I was looking at that. I certainly don't recall them changing that often and when you look at them on the site, any change from year to year is often barely visible.

That's what I was thinking also when looking at the kits on HFK. Edited by RUSTY1111

We had the white one for two seasons. A quick google of "Queen of the South match worn shirts" brings up one with the OU on it. I had the Fiat one. I would post the link but I am posting from my phone and cannot copy and paste it.

The blue and yellow had Fiat as a sponsor too, so it is fair to say we had them both for two seasons.

Thanks for that. If you could post the link up later I'll email Dave Moor and get him to verify this and change his webpage on HFK for Queens.

Thanks for that. If you could post the link up later I'll email Dave Moor and get him to verify this and change his webpage on HFK for Queens.

11sp841.jpg

Here it is mate.

30j5pwk.jpg

The Fiat one too.

Edited by qos_75

With relevance to the ongoing discussion, Queens are in their home kit and the Rovers are in the black and green Remember kit. No idea if it's officially designated as the away or the third...

We are not in the home kit, just home shirts. Its the third choice white socks and shorts. It was the only combination to avoid clashing white sleeves.

Football, at a certain level, is all about marketing decisions these days.

Unless Raith completely capitulate, then 4th is probably gone now. I'd like to see our younger players given more game time from now until the end of the season with the hope they come into a bit of a game next term.

Unless Raith completely capitulate, then 4th is probably gone now. I'd like to see our younger players given more game time from now until the end of the season with the hope they come into a bit of a game next term.

If you win your game in hand the gap is just four points with a home game against us to come. We also have a pretty unfavourable set of fixtures in the final quarter.

It's nowhere near settled just yet, although having seen how poorly you guys played tonight I'm more optimistic now than I was four hours ago.

If you win your game in hand...

:lol:

Seriously, it's Raith's to lose now. I don't have in our team to get any sort of result after going 1 down, never mind clawing back a 7 point gap. I know we have a game in hand but in all honesty the only fixture I'd see as an almost certain 3 points is if we had Alloa at home. It's Morton away though, if we got a point I'd be gobsmacked.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not annoyed about our current position. Before a ball was kicked I had us pinned to finish 7th so the fact we got to March being very much in the playoff mix is a good achievement. The only annoying thing is the negative approach we take into some games. Hopefully Fowler takes the shackles off a wee bit now and tries some more attacking football. I'd sooner lose a game 4-0 trying, than sitting in holding on to a defeat.

Did fowler chuck the Raith game to go all out on Saturday. I have been fairly optimistic of fowler and wanna see him given another season however just reading the team sheet spoke of throwing the towel in for certain games. Very disappointed with last night result and will concede that fourth looks unreachable. Unless alloa fancy doing some favours

Fourth was always the hope this season but not the expectation. Before a ball was kicked I reckon the majority of Queens fans thought 5th would have been the likely outcome this term.

St Mirren being so awful has made this a bit of a surprise season and we sat 4th for a good while. I still reckon 5th/6th would be an acceptable season if not spectacular. Fowler can't get the chop as he hasn't been poor enough to warrant the chop. By that I mean our league position. Some of the performances and team selections have been poor to put it politely.

For me personally, I don't particularly rate Fowler. For him not to know his best starting 11 at this stage of the season isn't a sign of a good manager. Chopping and changing the team all the time is infuriating and won't help improve performances. Signing a striker with cash and not playing him is another baffling and annoying decision as well.

That being said I fully expect him to be at the helm next season. He won't have the "aye but look at what players left last season" excuse behind him this time around though and will have to start showing his worth in the transfer window. I don't think I'll be quite as patient next season if performances remain the same though.

Edited by 19QOS19

Fourth was always the hope this season but not the expectation. Before a ball was kicked I reckon the majority of Queens fans thought 5th would have been the likely outcome this term.

St Mirren being so awful has made this a bit of a surprise season and we sat 4th for a good while. I still reckon 5th/6th would be an acceptable season if not spectacular. Fowler can't get the chop as he hasn't been poor enough to warrant the chop. By that I mean our league position. Some of the performances and team selections have been poor to put it politely.

For me personally, I don't particularly rate Fowler. For him not to know his best starting 11 at this stage of the season isn't a sign of a good manager. Chopping and changing the team all the time is infuriating and won't help improve performances. Signing a striker with cash and not playing him is another baffling and annoying decision as well.

That being said I fully expect him to be at the helm next season. He won't have the "aye but look at what players left last season" excuse behind him this time around though and will have to start showing his worth in the transfer window. I don't think I'll be quite as patient next season if performances remain the same though.

The crowds will dwindle between now and May and the board will have a massive decision on their hands. The football on display for the majority of the season has been absolutely woeful to watch, no attacking intent for most of the games and recently his Pickard must play 90 minutes no matter what has been truly baffling. I don't want to be harsh on an 18 year old lad but he really is hugely out of his depth as a striker. I fully blame Fowler for this as anyone can see he isn't ready to be picked every week.