The Queen of the South thread

Smith played the last time at Ibrox though with Hilson back I doubt if he'll feature unless as a late sub.

I was talking about next season, which is what was being referred to in the post I was responding to.

Smith has a decent record against Rangers, mind.

In fact, has he scored against anyone else?

I was talking about next season, which is what was being referred to in the post I was responding to.Smith has a decent record against Rangers, mind. In fact, has he scored against anyone else?

No problem, MT. Correct in that Smith has only scored two goals and both vs. Rangers. One at Ibrox in a 1-1 draw when Vuckic scored for them on 10th March last season and the other at Palmerston this season in the 5-1 defeat on 30th August when Lyle was sent off. Edited by RUSTY1111

Just noticed the league table tonight and I see Queens are still 6th and are only ahead of St Mirren on goal difference by two goals -7 to -9, although with a game in hand.

Edited by RUSTY1111

So we managed a grand total of 9 goals in our previous 10 games which takes us back to the new year game at Livi where we scored two of those.

We have had a go the last couple of games and ok maybe a bit of freak results but we have managed the same total in two games.

What do most put this remarkable turnaround down to ? Has Fowler finally taken the shackles off our creative players or have the players finally turned up ?

So we managed a grand total of 9 goals in our previous 10 games which takes us back to the new year game at Livi where we scored two of those.

We have had a go the last couple of games and ok maybe a bit of freak results but we have managed the same total in two games.

What do most put this remarkable turnaround down to ? Has Fowler finally taken the shackles off our creative players or have the players finally turned up ?

I reckon the team are playing with a bit more freedom as the likelihood of finishing in 4th place has diminished after Raith have gone on such a good run. Edited by RUSTY1111

I reckon the team are playing with a bit more freedom as the likelihood of finishing in 4th place has diminished after Raith have gone on such a good run.

I think you're probably right.

The question remains though.

Is any upturn down to the players feeling more relaxed, or down to Fowler unshackling them as a result?

I think you're probably right.The question remains though.Is any upturn down to the players feeling more relaxed, or down to Fowler unshackling them as a result?

I think Fowler is giving the board more of a headache, if we are playing like this now and it's taken him 30 odd games to start playing to win it reflects very badly on his approach up to this point. I have said for quite a while that Fowler for me isn't the right man to enter next season with but if he was to set up like he currently is and take it in to next season I don't think anyone could complain, the big question for the board will be is he going to slip back into his negative ways when the going gets tough in what will be a much tougher league next season.

Fowler is defiantly going to be here next season heard from good source and Miller is also defiantly leaving due to attitude problems.

Amy more info from your source regarding re-signing of players? Heard Millar would be away a few weeks ago,