The Queen of the South thread

KBT Pharmacy is the sponsor

Arla the back of the shirt and The Shed the shorts

Any more news on this? Looks like my British Heart Foundation entry won the Executive Club Membership :) after a re-draw. That is unless someone else had named them too as their company.

No contact as yet and I'll have to speak to my aunt to see if they'll accept the prize. Might be bureaucratic stuff I suppose.

Anyway cool of Mr Rae to put the prize back in the pot. Will buy him a pint or 2 ;)

No response on fb so far :(

I`m very positive about them but it`s not an unreasonbale view for some to be unsure about resigning 2 players who have been injury prone in their time with us plus a 35 year old striker.

This.

I described it as decent news. I'd have though that reflected a positive, if measured, view.

I`m very positive about them but it`s not an unreasonbale view for some to be unsure about resigning 2 players who have been injury prone in their time with us plus a 35 year old striker.

Not, its not. Those werent the comments I was thinking of

This. I described it as decent news. I'd have though that reflected a positive, if measured, view.

Its not all about you ;)

Any more news on this? Looks like my British Heart Foundation entry won the Executive Club Membership :) after a re-draw. That is unless someone else had named them too as their company.

No contact as yet and I'll have to speak to my aunt to see if they'll accept the prize. Might be bureaucratic stuff I suppose.

Anyway cool of Mr Rae to put the prize back in the pot. Will buy him a pint or 2 ;)

To what? Who have you asked?

Edited by Mr X

Based on what exactly? Hilson has missed a large chunk of the season and hardly been a prolific goalscorer so far. I like Hilson btw but don't think clubs would've been fighting for his signature on the back of this season.

I suppose not but he was good enough at Forfar scoring goals for Queens to go for him. Some of the goals he's scored have been well taken (especially his last goal) and hopefully he'll get a better return than (5 after featuring in 16 games) with a full season injury free. Edited by RUSTY1111

Just checked the club Facebook account and cant see any message or question there? Where did you post it?

Yes it is you. I expect the Commercial Dept will be in touch next week.

Guest Flash

I always thought the manager picked the team and not the board ...?

I think there are 3 possibilities. The bod starting to sign the squad on their own is one of them, although probably the least likely.

The next is that the bod have asked the caretaker to start to assemble the squad for next season because this can't possibly wait until the new man is appointed. And he is happy to do this, despite not knowing whether he will still be in a job after Sunday. And the players are happy to sign because they want to stay no matter who the new manager is.

The other is that Skelton is the new manager.

Think it must be the second one above because it makes no sense to have already decided Skelton will be the manager, then not announce it but announce 3 signings instead.

Whether there is a manager in place or not it will be the BoD that deal with contracts. I'm not really seeing what's so confusing about this?

As I said earlier they are three players any manager is going to want to have on the books. If they are happy signing up despite one not being in place then why hang about?

Guest Flash

Whether there is a manager in place or not it will be the BoD that deal with contracts. I'm not really seeing what's so confusing about this?

As I said earlier they are three players any manager is going to want to have on the books. If they are happy signing up despite one not being in place then why hang about?

Nothing confusing about it. I really don't think the bod decide which players are offered contracts and which aren't. I imagine they just deal with the money side of things, including setting the overall budget.

As I say, I think they must have asked the caretaker to start to assemble the squad for next season. I don't think they have done it themsleves. I thought I had made that quite clear and don't really see why you thought I was confused.

I think there are 3 possibilities. The bod starting to sign the squad on their own is one of them, although probably the least likely.

The next is that the bod have asked the caretaker to start to assemble the squad for next season because this can't possibly wait until the new man is appointed. And he is happy to do this, despite not knowing whether he will still be in a job after Sunday. And the players are happy to sign because they want to stay no matter who the new manager is.

The other is that Skelton is the new manager.

Think it must be the second one above because it makes no sense to have already decided Skelton will be the manager, then not announce it but announce 3 signings instead.

Those are reasonable possibilities. I would say there are at least a couple of others - Fowler had already identified players he wanted to stay and, possibly, offered them contracts. The BOD were happy with his list and kept the contract offers. Pretty sure Russell said he had already been offered something by Fowler.

Or, the BOD have an idea of the type of manager they want to bring in and the players are happy with that

Guest Flash

Those are reasonable possibilities. I would say there are at least a couple of others - Fowler had already identified players he wanted to stay and, possibly, offered them contracts. The BOD were happy with his list and kept the contract offers. Pretty sure Russell said he had already been offered something by Fowler.

Or, the BOD have an idea of the type of manager they want to bring in and the players are happy with that

Yeah, I thought Fowler starting off the negotiations might have been a possibility too.

Then again, I didn't think the bod would trust the judgment of the guy they had just sacked. 😄

Don't remember him at Palmerston before but he could be good. An attacking midfielder. Edited by RUSTY1111