The Queen of the South thread

Guest TOPFITTER

When will the Palmerston pitch be used for training on a more regular basis?

Why did you start the season with two inexperienced keepers untested at championship level?

Shame the venue for this event doesn't have disabled access.

Thanks for that, will add it to the list, cannot guarantee it will get asked though it will be given the same chance to be drawn as a non-attendee question as all others. Unless of course you are attending you may get the chance to ask your own question.

I take on-board your censure re-disabled access for the event.

Nice to see that Dobbie is being worshipped at Blackpool. Cringey song though!

Wow. I wish I could un watch that. He's certainly made a name for himself at championship level if he perhaps had an extra yard of pace he might of stuck it out in the Premiership. Now in his third spell at Blackpool. Yet has never actually signed for them!

Thanks for that, will add it to the list, cannot guarantee it will get asked though it will be given the same chance to be drawn as a non-attendee question as all others. Unless of course you are attending you may getr the chance to ask your own question.

I take it all the questions asked along with the answers will be posted somewhere after the event ?

Guest TOPFITTER

I take it all the questions asked along with the answers will be posted somewhere after the event ?

We are hoping to video the event and make it available. Like your idea of posting the Questions and Answers we will try and get someone to take that duty on and maybe get them on the Trust Website.

We are hoping to video the event and make it available. Like your idea of posting the Questions and Answers we will try and get someone to take that duty on and maybe get them on the Trust Website.

Cheers

I think if Kev was given a more attacking role then we would see him excel. He's not very clued up defensively IMO and hopefully he will do better with McKenna back in the middle (if he is going to return as the hatchet man of course). It's still early days for the Yank but comparing him in any way to Simmons is just short of ludicrous IMO.

I think if Kev was given a more attacking role then we would see him excel. He's not very clued up defensively IMO and hopefully he will do better with McKenna back in the middle (if he is going to return as the hatchet man of course). It's still early days for the Yank but comparing him in any way to Simmons is just short of ludicrous IMO.

I have to say Im in two minds about playing him further forward. On one hand, I think he would get far more involved than McShane and has the vision to, potentially, set up chances for others and, as you say, it would relieve him of some of the defensive duties. On the other hand, he wouldnt get the same time on the ball and be able to play some of the excellent longer passings which spread play well as he does now. Would we miss that side of his game?

On balance, though, I dont see who else is going to play the advanced role and I would like to see Young and McKenna back together in the holding roles to give us more bite in the midfield, so I'd like to see Kev Dz get a chance further forward

Derek Lyle has scored 10 goals this season so far. An excellent return for a so called washed up striker. Lyle has been exceptional at coming on and playing havoc with the opposing defence . He might not like people telling him but he is probably more effective doing this now than starting.

Derek Lyle is an very important player for Queens .

Can't remember what ' expert ' claimed he'd not get double figures this season but he's done that with nearly 6 months to spare .

His experience in the team is vital if we're to climb the league table

Well done Tan Man :)

I'd play Burns in the advance role when he is fit again.

Yes, I probably would too. Who would you drop though? I like the idea of McKenna and Young together, especially in this formation, so that would be pretty harsh on Kev Dz.

Derek Lyle is an very important player for Queens .

Can't remember what ' expert ' claimed he'd not get double figures this season but he's done that with nearly 6 months to spare .

His experience in the team is vital if we're to climb the league table

Well done Tan Man :)

Lyle has 9 goals. The majority of his goals have come against lower league opposition. While 3 league goals in 9 starts isnt a bad return, its not really enough from your 'main' striker.

For me, his role, now, is very much coming off the bench

Lyle has 9 goals. The majority of his goals have come against lower league opposition. While 3 league goals in 9 starts isnt a bad return, its not really enough from your 'main' striker.

Lyle has 10 goals.

Annan (3), Spartans (1), Airdrie (2), Dundee (2, in different games), Morton (1), Hamilton (1)

EDITED to add: If you are taking the stats from the OS then it's not picking up Saturday's Scottish Cup tie appearances or goals for some reason.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

On balance, though, I dont see who else is going to play the advanced role and I would like to see Young and McKenna back together in the holding roles to give us more bite in the midfield, so I'd like to see Kev Dz get a chance further forward

I've got a suggestion for who to play in the "advanced role". Nobody.

I'd drop Dzierzawski for the reasons you give. Young won't be able to play every week, or full 90 minutes all the time and Dzierzawski is a good understudy to have.

It will be of benefit to both him and the team if Dzierzawski is eased into things.

Maybe. Being thrown into the first team hasnt seemed to have done him any harm, so far. But its a fair point.

I've got a suggestion for who to play in the "advanced role". Nobody.

Thats, of course, another discussion. Im assuming that McIntyre sticks with his formation. Id be surprised if he doesnt