The Queen of the South thread

Signed. Antell is well and truly pish. Heard a rumour up town last night with a little bit of substance, the board have already been in contact with Lee and offered him what they regard as a good offer but he is keeping his options open. We shall see.

Edited by Broony88

Guest TOPFITTER
MEET THE MANAGER NIGHT

GET YOUR MEET THE MANAGER TICKETS TODAY AT PALMERSTON,

from Trust Committee Members,

or phone 07762628405 or topfitter01@gmail.com, thanks bigsmile.gif

Massive game next week against Morton. We can't go bottom but they win and they join us on the massive total of 12 points.

A lot of talk about the goalkeeping but Queens need more up front we are toothless.

The home form is a real problem that is defining our season that is turning into a fight to stay in the division.

Massive game next week against Morton. We can't go bottom but they win and they join us on the massive total of 12 points.

A lot of talk about the goalkeeping but Queens need more up front we are toothless.

The home form is a real problem that is defining our season that is turning into a fight to stay in the division.

We havent won at home in five games going back to the first game of the season

Im just as worried about our away form - or more precisely, our inability to create chances and score goals both home and away

Not strictly true to say we can`t go bottom. By my calculation Morton would need to beat us by 5 goals combined with Cowdenbeath beating Hamilton. Pretty unlikely I`d hope.

Not strictly true to say we can`t go bottom. By my calculation Morton would need to beat us by 5 goals combined with Cowdenbeath beating Hamilton. Pretty unlikely I`d hope.

Defensively we are reasonably secure know the problem is the lack of goal threat and creativity up front.

Think everyone needs to realise we were against the best defence in Scotland, only 5 league goals conceded so far this season. That's why their top of the league.We probably played as well as we have done in a while.

Think everyone needs to realise we were against the best defence in Scotland, only 5 league goals conceded so far this season. That's why their top of the league.We probably played as well as we have done in a while.

Theres no doubting Accies have a good defence, particularly centrally, but it isnt just today where we've struggled to create chances and score goals, its been all season.

I doubt the Accies defence have had as comfortable a game all season as they did today. Long balls punted forward and crosses into the box from 30+ yards were absolute meat and drink to Canning and co. We never looked like getting in behind them, apart from one Russell run, and never created more than half chances. If it was just a one-off against a good defence then fair enough, but today was just another in a long line of similar performances

We played better today than what we did last week but never took our chances. Don't see where people are saying we didn't create we created a lot of chances just couldn't score there keeper made a cracking save header cleared of the line and a few headers wich should have been better . If we play like that next week I think we will win, but need to go back to playing a 4-2-3-1 I think if McKenna is going to start, play the American in the attacking role with gav uptops

We played better today than what we did last week but never took our chances. Don't see where people are saying we didn't create we created a lot of chances just couldn't score there keeper made a cracking save header cleared of the line and a few headers wich should have been better . If we play like that next week I think we will win, but need to go back to playing a 4-2-3-1 I think if McKenna is going to start, play the American in the attacking role with gav uptops

How many clear cut chances did we create from open play? I can remember one - the header which Cuthbert tipped over. The Lyle header cleared off the line was from the resultant corner, as were most of our other half chances.

Let's stop tip-toeing around the obvious. Antell is p*sh. A couple of years in the lower leagues might bring the boy on, but as it stands; Antell is p*sh.

Some of Antell's knockers on here could benefit from a crash course in the art of goalkeeping. He has not been brilliant but he has not been anywhere near as bad as he is made out to be. Apart from a howler against Cowdenbeath, and the 2nd against Falkirk he has done little wrong. Every keeper has made mistakes (I made plenty myself), however too many people seem to be picking fault with Antell for every goal conceded.

Some of Antell's knockers on here could benefit from a crash course in the art of goalkeeping. He has not been brilliant but he has not been anywhere near as bad as he is made out to be. Apart from a howler against Cowdenbeath, and the 2nd against Falkirk he has done little wrong. Every keeper has made mistakes (I made plenty myself), however too many people seem to be picking fault with Antell for every goal conceded.

Jesus, give us a break. Antell has been pish.

He was at fault for two goals against Dundee, two atHearts (piss poor kick out and then a daisy cutter) and the Cowdenbeath debacle. That enough ? Total pish

He was at fault for two goals against Dundee, two atHearts (piss poor kick out and then a daisy cutter) and the Cowdenbeath debacle. That enough ? Total pish

You forgot to mention the winner at Falkirk and Raith's one. There are other less obvious ones that are debatable too. Not to mention the howlers that didn't actually result in goals. Clark is by no means brilliant, but at least he doesn't look like he's been plucked from the crowd.

As for the team generally, I think Russell is wasted out on the left and Paton is wasted sitting on the bench. Think we would carry more of a threat with Russell through the middle and Paton on the left.

You forgot to mention the winner at Falkirk and Raith's one. There are other less obvious ones that are debatable too. Not to mention the howlers that didn't actually result in goals. Clark is by no means brilliant, but at least he doesn't look like he's been plucked from the crowd.

As for the team generally, I think Russell is wasted out on the left and Paton is wasted sitting on the bench. Think we would carry more of a threat with Russell through the middle and Paton on the left.

This. The partnership of Lyle and Reilly was awful yesterday. Im not sure either one made a pass to the other all day. They played too far away from each other and never looked like linking up. Reilly and Russell through the middle would give us some badly needed pace up front and Paton is far more effective cutting in from the left than he is playing on the right.