The Queen of the South thread

I had hundreds of programmes ( 4 overnight bags worth ) about 50/50 between Queens and others. Most of these were games I have been to since the mid 60's.

I had one 1949 Queens one that I had bought at a fair. Lots of Clyde ( Shawfield ), some Third Lanark among them. I had the Thistle 4 Celtic 1 Leg. Cup Final, some from Carlisles season in the top league, Workintons last home league game amongst others. I had a Queens one from 1966 signed by the whole squad, Billy Collings , Alan Ball, Lex & Jackie Law amongst others.

After our last move I no longer had a loft or a garage so I eventually decided to get rid, ( you very seldom actually look at them after all . )

Sold them about 3 years ago to a guy who runs a programme shop near Easter Road. Got a few hundred pounds for them. Possibly done but preferable to selling one at a time on e-bay.

I had hundreds of programmes ( 4 overnight bags worth ) about 50/50 between Queens and others. Most of these were games I have been to since the mid 60's.

I had one 1949 Queens one that I had bought at a fair. Lots of Clyde ( Shawfield ), some Third Lanark among them. I had the Thistle 4 Celtic 1 Leg. Cup Final, some from Carlisles season in the top league, Workintons last home league game amongst others. I had a Queens one from 1966 signed by the whole squad, Billy Collings , Alan Ball, Lex & Jackie Law amongst others.

After our last move I no longer had a loft or a garage so I eventually decided to get rid, ( you very seldom actually look at them after all . )

Sold them about 3 years ago to a guy who runs a programme shop near Easter Road. Got a few hundred pounds for them. Possibly done but preferable to selling one at a time on e-bay.

He almost certainly sold any that were worth anything directly back to a particular Queens fan collector who is one of his best customers without them ever hitting the shelves.

The guy at Easter Road has had a bulk order for some of our games this season too.

I try to buy a programme from every game I go to. Always manage to get one at Palmerston but quite a few away games I seem to miss out on, Hibs at Easter Road a few weeks ago being a prime example.

I have got a good collection of QOS home ones from about 1976 up until present date , also got lots of Newcastle Utd ones (still great value at £3 today). Have been given a few from other teams over the years but I am really only interested in the ones where I was at the game.

Edited by MUSKYQOS

I try to buy a programme from every game I go to. Always manage to get one at Palmerston but quite a few away games I seem to miss out on, Hibs at Easter Road a few weeks ago being a prime example.

I have got a good collection of QOS home ones from about 1976 up until present date , also got lots of Newcastle Utd ones (still great value at £3 today). Have been given a few from other teams over the years but I am really only interested in the ones where I was at the game.

That was a small book!

Scottish programmes are not worth the money they are printed on. Shocking productions that should have closed down with the invention of internet.

He almost certainly sold any that were worth anything directly back to a particular Queens fan collector who is one of his best customers without them ever hitting the shelves.

The guy at Easter Road has had a bulk order for some of our games this season too.

I got a Queens v Hearts programme from the Easter Road programme shop back in 2002 for £5. It was from a league match in the mid 1960s.

I used to buy any I didn't have from Peter and Kath Rundo from Dundee who were the main programme dealers in Scotland at one time. Don't know if they are still in the game so to speak.

I believe Peter still trades on ebay although he stopped issuing a catalogue a few seasons back.

I'm not a programme buff, but I've yet to see a match programme top the one I got from Clyde Vs QoS a few years back. Superb item.

Clyde used to quite regularly win awards for their programmes.

Im not sure Id go as far as to say the printed programme is dead but I do wonder if the club actually makes any money on them. I think the idea of a monthly publication, like Annan started, maybe backed up with more up to date online stuff on match day - and the printed team sheets - is something worth considering.

Clyde used to quite regularly win awards for their programmes.

Im not sure Id go as far as to say the printed programme is dead but I do wonder if the club actually makes any money on them. I think the idea of a monthly publication, like Annan started, maybe backed up with more up to date online stuff on match day - and the printed team sheets - is something worth considering.

We make money on the sales of our programme alone without counting in what the adverts make. Its not a fortune but a decent profit.

I think there is still life in matchday programmes its all about what you put in them ie original material which you don't see anywhere else. A monthly magazine can quickly go out of date if your still trying to sell in near the end of the month.

We make money on the sales of our programme alone without counting in what the adverts make. Its not a fortune but a decent profit.

I think there is still life in matchday programmes its all about what you put in them ie original material which you don't see anywhere else. A monthly magazine can quickly go out of date if your still trying to sell in near the end of the month.

I wouldnt be surprised if its a similar situation at Queens. However, it does mean there are an awful lot of ads in the programme.

I know what you mean about original material and monthly magazines going out of date, but one of the issues at the moment is getting original material every week. Any monthly publication would need to be backed up with some other form of matchday content but, to be honest, thats already partly in place as the club prints and distributes team sheets to fans.

I wouldnt be surprised if its a similar situation at Queens. However, it does mean there are an awful lot of ads in the programme.

I know what you mean about original material and monthly magazines going out of date, but one of the issues at the moment is getting original material every week. Any monthly publication would need to be backed up with some other form of matchday content but, to be honest, thats already partly in place as the club prints and distributes team sheets to fans.

We aren't too bad with adverts per content but you have to watch and have a decent balance. We're quite lucky in having Cowden Cowboy who posts on here doing a lot of historical stuff which doesn't appear anywhere else.

Like Queen's we also give out team sheets from the club shop which are quite popular.