The Queen of the South thread

Away form is killing Queens chance of play off.

Awful performance by the team and manager last night.

How does McShane stay on the pitch he's been poor for weeks.

Stephen McKenna should start on Saturday midfield needs more bite its powder puff at the moment.

Season in danger of going into free fall.

I know but on paper where football has never ever been decided we should be somewhere between 8-11 points behind Falkirk by the time we play them.

We'll certainly be significantly behind them by the time we meet.

Quite how far will depend on our capacity to pull out something special (by which I don't mean the odd draw) in our games with the big three. Right now, that doesn't look likely.

Similarly, we can hope that Falkirk stop grinding out results like last night's. Again though, that feels unlikely, especially as they'll now scent blood.

A look at the table tells you this isn't over, but to be honest, it kinda feels like it is.

We have to try and hang in for a few weeks, then beat Falkirk, then not slip on the run-in. I'm not confident on any element of that.

Away form is killing Queens chance of play off.

Awful performance by the team and manager last night.

How does McShane stay on the pitch he's been poor for weeks.

Stephen McKenna should start on Saturday midfield needs more bite its powder puff at the moment.

Season in danger of going into free fall.

As poor as Mcshane was last night, our midfield still dominated the possession. We just had no idea what to do with it. I would probably be more inclined to play burns than Mckenna.

Do we stick with Fowler for next season ?.Or get a experienced manager in ?Fowler has made many mistakes but the one that is going to cost us is Kerr and Baird going to Falkirk.They should never have been let go.

Stick with him, he's learning and there is no rush. As long as we are never in danger of going down I'd be quite happy for him to be given a few years to build a team that will eventually challenge for the league.

We'll stick with him I would think.

In my view, he's really not done great, but not so badly either as to need chased.

He probably deserves a chance in a more familiar looking second tier season.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Do we stick with Fowler for next season ?.Or get a experienced manager in ?Fowler has made many mistakes but the one that is going to cost us is Kerr and Baird going to Falkirk.They should never have been let go.

What a ludicrous viewpoint. You were never, ever, going to finish in the top 3 this season and currently you are best of the rest. You have played some really good football and now you want rid of your manager? For a more 'expeienced guy' like who?

Queens fans were the same with JM before his move. Surely, even if you finished 6th Fowler desrves a chance to really build his own team next season. Your wage budget must be far lower than Falkirk's and not massively greater than Raith's.

Between now and the end of the season I hope there is a lot of time spent on drills that work on QUICKLY getting the ball played through midfield then out wide before delivering a ball into the box. Be that a cut back or a lifted cross. How Many times last night did we have the opportunity to do that yet we did nothing.

The only time we did do it early in the second half we nearly scored when Lyle almost got on the end of a cross along the six yard box.

Falkirk have improved as the season has progressed we've got worst.

Who's responsible players or manager?

Can you identify specific mistakes Fowler has made that have cost us games? I cant. His selections and formations have been pretty consistent, as has the style of play - which many fans of other clubs have praised.

Have we got worse? We lost to Cowdenbeath in September, yet beat them comfortable last week. We lost at Ibrox in August, yet picked up a draw a couple of weeks ago. Im sure there are probably other results that have gone the other way but I dont see any evidence to say we're getting worse. Like most teams, we cant win every week

Can you identify specific mistakes Fowler has made that have cost us games? I cant. His selections and formations have been pretty consistent, as has the style of play - which many fans of other clubs have praised.

Have we got worse? We lost to Cowdenbeath in September, yet beat them comfortable last week. We lost at Ibrox in August, yet picked up a draw a couple of weeks ago. Im sure there are probably other results that have gone the other way but I dont see any evidence to say we're getting worse. Like most teams, we cant win every week

No specific criticism of Fowler he's learning his trade

Falkirk have improved though and we've stood still and our away form could well be the deciding factor in missing out on play offs

I think that fowler has done well considering he is doing all the work basically on his own we need an assistant manger to take the workload off Fowler.

If we had someone else with a bit of experiance then he could bring some more ideas to the party especially when things arent working he sometimes (not all the time!!) doesnt seem to have a plan B. What happened to big Jim he went on holiday and never came back, I must admit that in hindsight it was a mistake to get rid of Baird, Kerr and american Kev because at the moment we dont have enough options, and i still think it was a massive mistake not to sign a striker in january. Watching Del Boy last night i think he looks like he could be finished as a starter definetley still a usefull assest to bring on to change the game.

What where them idiots outside the ground all about? surely there should be a police presence to get rid of them! Does anyone know why wee Gav was on the bench?

Over the years I've noticed this, even more so since the advent of the internet, a defeat or a poor performance and suddenly its the end of the World. We'll call it the Doonhamer's Syndrome.

sky.jpg

Run in

QOS

@ Hertz

@ Hibs

v Rangers

v Falkirk

@ Alloa

v Dumbarton

@ Livingston

Falkirk

@ Dumbarton

v Cowdenbeath

v Raith

@ Livingston

@ QOS

@ Rangers

v Hibs

Still all to play for. April 12th is massive. Keep the faith.