The Queen of the South thread

(It's in response to things said in the Dumbarton game topic but it's probably more appropriately placed in here now).

I'm surprised that folks' opinion of a Lyle and Oliver partnership is that it hasn't worked. They've started 3 games together! I doubt there are many strikers who will bond as a partnership after 3 games. To me this is my issue with Fowler. He wants results straight away. As I said the other day, Saturday was only the 3rd time this season that we've seen the same starting 11 for two weeks in a row. IMO that's pretty shocking considering we're into November.

I think Heffernan and Lyle are too similar to work; yes we've got 6 from 6, but it was against arguably the two weakest sides in the league so forgive me for not being overly impressed. I'd far rather Lyle and Oliver or even Heffernan (though I'm not a fan at all in all honesty) and Oliver are given an actual run of games together so they can start to form a partnership. It's not going to happen instantly.

Edited by 19QOS19

(It's in response to things said in the Dumbarton game topic but it's probably more appropriately placed in here now).

I'm surprised that folks' opinion of a Lyle and Oliver partnership is that it hasn't worked. They've started 3 games together! I doubt there are many strikers who will bond as a partnership after 3 games. To me this is my issue with Fowler. He wants results straight away. As I said the other day, Saturday was only the 3rd time this season that we've seen the same starting 11 for two weeks in a row. IMO that's pretty shocking considering we're into November.

I think Heffernan and Lyle are two similar to work; yes we've got 6 from 6, but it was against arguably the two weakest sides in the league so forgive me for not being overly impressed. I'd far rather Lyle and Oliver or even Heffernan (though I'm not a fan at all in all honesty) and Oliver are given an actual run of games together so they can start to form a partnership. It's not going to happen instantly.

Agree they (Lyle and Oliver) need more game time together. The game in Kirkcaldy is the one where they were both upfront together. It was a decent overall performance with the away side having the better of the game but the two of them played as individuals tbh.

I think the two forwards we have who know each other's game well are Russell and Lyle but , as we all know, Beanie rarely is put through the middle and it's looking like Oliver is going to suffer the same fate. I suspect Heffernan is in until Hilson is fit again.

Will they be stripped of titles won in the time frame including cups or is it wishful thinking of certain media/fan groups. What would be the lawful or justice course of action

No chance of it happening.

How can you deduct points from a club that no longer exists?

This. It seriously fucks me off this pish is still going: "Strip their titles". What, the league 1 and 2 trophies? That's all they've won. I'd rather they made this perfectly clear as opposed to trying to strip the old club of their titles.

The deduction of points I ask only because the old co became the new co and if titles/points/money can not be taken as punishment for the tax thing then is the newco liable to pay those fines for the oldco as it no longer exists. I'll be honest I don't really understand the situation but if the oldco has cheated in whatever way then shouldn't the new co be held accountable in some way.

The deduction of points I ask only because the old co became the new co and if titles/points/money can not be taken as punishment for the tax thing then is the newco liable to pay those fines for the oldco as it no longer exists. I'll be honeost I don't really understand the situation but if the oldco has cheated in whatever way then shouldn't the new co be held accountable in some way.

They are not the same club so can't be accountable for the old clubs crimes.

Posted the following in July and got bit of a backlash,

"One of the biggest differences i fear is how committed the players will be. I appreciate they will all be professional but can't see the same commitment from them as the Dumfries boys. I also felt more of an attachment (rightly or wrongly) as they were one of "us" . Feel free to disagree."

Just wondered if folk still disagree to the same extent.

"One of the biggest differences i fear is how committed the players will be. I appreciate they will all be professional but can't see the same commitment from them as the Dumfries boys. I also felt more of an attachment (rightly or wrongly) as they were one of "us" . Feel free to disagree."

Behave yourself. It has nothing to do with where the players were born or who they supported. The fact of the matter is they are not peforming as they should be.

The new players just aren't as good - nothing to do with where they're born.