The Queen of the South thread

Is Andy ryan not on trial with Arbroath?

Yes after being on loan. He left Hamilton when he went back as wasn't going to be in 1st team. Scored a taker v Clyde at the weekend if you go on there YouTube channel you can see it.

Eta: raker.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Yeah, that is quite bizarre.

Personally I think they will take time to bed in.

By all accounts each of them started well, with the exception of Carmichael who has not had much of a look in. They are all SPL standard players and will prove that in the next season or two.

Dunno about that, Durnan has been consistently awful at Utd.

Dunno about that, Durnan has been consistently awful at Utd.

Durnan was a standout performer for the majority of his three seasons with us and I can't believe how poorly he has been playing for Dundee Utd. He will be back in the championship next season unless sold on which I doubt he would be. Mixu must see something in training as far as I'm aware he hasn't been dropped and played just about every game. If he doesn't improve hopefully a return here could be on the cards.

Is Andy Ryan a direct replacement for the injury of dale hilson??

More a replacement for Paul Heffernan surely he will be released.

Hutton will hopefully sign a new deal but we need more goals from midfield and more pace in the team .

Edited by Northfield 53

I wonder what the strip manufacturer will be next season, I quite like joma but wouldn't mind a big name like Nike, not sure if we would get a decent deal from the big company's though.

Not really bothered who it is as long as the commercial department don't get the commission they're alleged to be getting with every Joma item sold ;)

More a replacement for Paul Heffernan surely he will be released.

I heard Heffernan was in signing talks with the walking football team that plays in the Arena.

I'm told it my be Elton John.

He played Brunton Park a few years back so I wouldn't rule him out.

Were Simple Minds not mentioned at some point?

This is Dumfries though. If someone was to say "I've heard from a great source that Calvin Harris will be playing Palmerston in June with Taylor Swift supporting" there's a good chance it would be in The Standard by Friday :lol:

He played Brunton Park a few years back so I wouldn't rule him out.

Were Simple Minds not mentioned at some point?

This is Dumfries though. If someone was to say "I've heard from a great source that Calvin Harris will be playing Palmerston in June with Taylor Swift supporting" there's a good chance it would be in The Standard by Friday :lol:

Looking at Elton John's website he appears to be playing almost every day during the summer, so I would be surprised if it was him.