The Queen of the South thread

How can you play mind games with a colour? :unsure2:

Feng Shui.

A lime green kit, for example, exudes negative vibes and would upset the inner chi of the players. The only way to combat this would be for the players to be reborn at half time in a jasmine and rosemary infused birthing pool.

I am not sure if the big communal bath is still in the dressing room. If not, the rebirthing option may not be cost effective over a 36 game season.

On that basis we would probably be better off sticking with yellow and blue as an away kit.

iirc the red away kit was pretty unpopular with most. Maybe it is a wind up. The wording on the Facebook post is open to interpretation I guess. If we do end up with a red one I for one will be disappointed with what I'd perceive as another deaf ear turned to the views of fans.

^ The resident smart arse strikes again!

It was a genuine question. Feel free to put me on ignore if you're that bothered about my posts though  <_<

I think we're all hoping it's some sort of joke after that last red disaster ;)

:lol:

I dont think the official FB page would indulge in jokes or wind ups like that ... maybe next year ;)

Another PR disaster by the club!!!! When will they learn and start listening to the fans?

Yes the fans certainly made it clear how unpopular our last red away kit was by making it our biggest selling second kit ever.

Oh.

Edited by palmy_cammy

Yes the fans certainly made it clear how unpopular our last red away kit was by making it our biggest selling second kit ever.

Was the red kit our European season ?

That may have something to do with the sales numbers with the club being on a high. I certainly don't associate queens in red and I can see why a lot of the fans don't like it.

Edited by Broony88

That may have something to do with the sales numbers with the club being on a high. I certainly don't associate queens in red and I can see why a lot of the fans don't like it.

That's a point well made Broony . Home attendances have significantly fallen since then but I'm sure the commercial team would of taken that into consideration when choosing the new away strip colour

No our last red kid was the red and black one think it was the guys McPherson season

No our last red kid was the red and black one think it was the guys McPherson season

Not saying it was our last one but I think the one Skyline is pointing to is the all red with the butchers on the front. Sure it was our European campaign away top that I don't think we actually wore in either leg.

Is that true? I was going by comments on here and other fora but if that's the case I stand corrected.

No I made it up for fits and giggles. :rolleyes: Yes, it's correct, or at least it was up to the start of this season. The black one has sold well. Don't know what the final sales numbers will be for that one.

A couple of high profile posters continually posting they don't like it does not an entire support make. As Mr X notes, the last time there was a vote for the away kit one with red in it won.

Not saying it was our last one but I think the one Skyline is pointing to is the all red with the butchers on the front. Sure it was our European campaign away top that I don't think we actually wore in either leg.

It was the one from that season and yes, we had more fans attending games then than we do now though that doesn't necessarily impact directly on replica top sales. It wasn't a "European" top though. It was our second choice kit for the season and we wore it frequently. We were obliged to register a third kit for Europe (which was black) but it was never even manufactured for the team, never mind replicas.

Edited by Skyline Drifter