The Queen of the South thread

That would imply I paid any attention to you :P:lol:

The size guide has lengths and other measurements too, doesn't it? Might be able to get an idea of the fit from them?

I knew those weekly emails to the Board would pay off eventually.

Yes yes it does. But the point I've made before is that I recently bought a Scotland rugby Macron top using their size guide and whilst it fitted it was almost skin tight. For a man of my muscular physique I prefer a looser fit.

I knew those weekly emails to the Board would pay off eventually.

Yes yes it does. But the point I've made before is that I recently bought a Scotland rugby Macron top using their size guide and whilst it fitted it was almost skin tight. For a man of my muscular physique I prefer a looser fit.

I know exactly what you mean  :ph34r:

I like the home kit but there is something about the neck that just doesn't look right to me that stops it from being a stone cold stunner.

I see what you mean about the style of the collar. The thin stripes match the sleeves though. Edited by RUSTY1111

Your Home strip is excellent. But the away, not so...the white bit is a bit meh...plus for me there's something about top & shorts the same colour that I've never warmed to. (Maybe its partly because FIFA have been pushing national teams to wear it at tournaments). Disappointed in our all white at last years cup final - should've had blue shorts, and hated our all navy blue from years back. Hated it on previous Scotland strips.

Meanwhile...do like the idea of your club crest being tastefully integrated into the fabric tho'. Good effort guys!

Your Home strip is excellent. But the away, not so...the white bit is a bit meh...plus for me there's something about top & shorts the same colour that I've never warmed to. (Maybe its partly because FIFA have been pushing national teams to wear it at tournaments). Disappointed in our all white at last years cup final - should've had blue shorts, and hated our all navy blue from years back. Hated it on previous Scotland strips.

Meanwhile...do like the idea of your club crest being tastefully integrated into the fabric tho'. Good effort guys!

I prefer the royal blue colour more than the light blue of recent years. The supporters have been campaigning for a few years to get the royal blue colour back in vogue. Queens last had an away red shirt in 2008-09.

I notice the Falkirk all navy kit from 2003-04.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Falkirk/Falkirk.htm

Edited by RUSTY1111

Decent news I think. Two are unproven for us though and the other ain't young. Happy to have them, but none carry guarantees.

It's a bit unfair to say Tapping and Hilson are unproven is it not?  Without checking, they'll have probably played roughly a quarter of the season.  Both have been deemed starters when fit and done more than enough in my eyes to be offered new deals.

Great news if you ask me.

It's a bit unfair to say Tapping and Hilson are unproven is it not?  Without checking, they'll have probably played roughly a quarter of the season.  Both have been deemed starters when fit and done more than enough in my eyes to be offered new deals.

Yes, maybe.

Good news, I'd say, or maybe we'll just stick with decent.

I actually quite like them both, but Tapping will still carry fitness concerns, given his history.

It's a bit unfair to say Tapping and Hilson are unproven is it not? Without checking, they'll have probably played roughly a quarter of the season. Both have been deemed starters when fit and done more than enough in my eyes to be offered new deals.

Hilson has played in 16 games with 5 goals (10 starts + 3 sub on, with 4 goals) in the league and (3 starts with 1 goal) in the cups.

Tapping has had 12 games, (10 starts + 2 sub on) all in the league.

Edited by RUSTY1111