The Queen of the South thread

3 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

How far could he climb though. I didn't think it would be this quick his goal scoring. He might have 20 goals plus before the season over and then there is next season as well. Good times indeed

20 - Kenny Dick (64)
19 - Willie Dougan (65)
18 - Jimmy Rutherford (66)
17 - Lex Law (68)
16 - John O'Neill (70)
15 - Jackie Law (71)
14 - Billy Houliston (74)
13 - Rowan Alexander (78)
12 - Iain McChesney (79)
11 - Jackie Oakes (81)
10 - Jimmy Robertson (89)
9 - Ian Reid (89)
8 - Tommy McCall (93)
7 - Stevie Mallan (94)
6 - Tommy Bryce (95)
5 - Jocky Dempster (98)
4 - Derek Lyle (103)
3 - Andy Thomson (114)
2 - Bobby Black (120)
1 - Jim Patterson (251)

Dobbie is currently on 62. I'd expect him to move into the top 15 during the season. I am presuming the current phenomenal rate of scoring will drop eventually as teams double him up or get more familiar with him.

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Dobbie and Lyle have 14 goals between them in 6 games.

What a time to be alive!

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

They've scored 15 goals

They have scored 15 goals in total but two of Lyle's came in the Betfred Cup v Airdrie before Dobbie was here. They have score 13 goals between them in the last 6 games (4 League + Cup game v Hibs & Stenny)

Seriously though what a start by queens ...I would like to think we will both end up in the playoffs always great games...you seem to have pulled a masterstroke getting Dobbie back...has Carmichael signed for anyone yet?  Is he coming back?

Not signed for anyone as of yet. Hope so still early days but it really is the dream start to the season. Cup and league performances have been great to watch, and dobbie can just change games and inspire those round about him.

15 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

They have scored 15 goals in total but two of Lyle's came in the Betfred Cup v Airdrie before Dobbie was here. They have score 13 goals between them in the last 6 games (4 League + Cup game v Hibs & Stenny)

According to the BBC stats, Lyle has only had 5 shots on target in the league and scored 5 goals

When was the last time Queens won 4 in a row in the Championship? Have we ever? Still early days but seem to be doing better than various gloomy pre-season predictions.....

Before signing Dobbie we were thinking 8th and now currently 2nd.

The south though.. huge three games coming up,Raith (h) sevco (a) Hibs (h) bring it fucking on

The next two home games vs. the other two early season form teams in Hibs and Raith will determine our play-off challenge or dare I say title Challenge at this early stage. The League Cup match at Ibrox should also be interesting in between those two games.

Certainly not cold on the spacious terracing at the moment SD lol. Enjoying the games and style of play. Team and supporters got new energy and Saturday is something to look forward to. Mr Dobbie has injected new interest. And team mates giving him plenty of support. Won't win every week but keep entertaining and I will cope with the cold days!