The Queen of the South thread

I wish you would stop your obsession of trying to tie me in with other posters. I am only saying what we are all thinking, too much of the same every other week. Couldn't' give a monkeys what you think, at least I pay to get in when I go to home games.

You are not saying "what everyones thinking ". Just a shite troll.

1 hour ago, ThomCat said:

We have played rangers rather a few times in recent years. I don't understand the appeal of playing them. Not a bad time to be playing them though. 

The appeal is the fact it is our first Quarter Final in the League Cup in about 25 years with a half decent chance of progressing to the semis.  I could've give a damn who the opposition happen to be tbh.

The game being televised has killed any chance of anti-Ibrox fans attending tbh. I have no intention of going back but was swithering whether to go or not purely down to the circumstances. But the it being televised has made my mind up (that and my missus will be a week off her due date).

I wish you would stop your obsession of trying to tie me in with other posters. I am only saying what we are all thinking, too much of the same every other week. Couldn't' give a monkeys what you think, at least I pay to get in when I go to home games .

Oh my word that is tremendous. Not that it matters, nor should personal insults like this be tolerated, but I'd conservatively estimate that the amount of unpaid, volunteer work SD does for the Club is far in excess of this.

2 hours ago, Dougie Mills said:

The appeal is the fact it is our first Quarter Final in the League Cup in about 25 years with a half decent chance of progressing to the semis.  I could've give a damn who the opposition happen to be tbh.

That's a fair shout.

We had been playing Dundee 4 times a season for three years when we met in the Quarter Final in 2008. We mustered a crowd of 6,278 that day which is about three times our average for the season.

No reason we shouldn't take about three times our normal midweek support at Ibrox. Anyone know what the away support was at our Tuesday games there in 2015 and 2012?

9 hours ago, ThomCat said:

We have played rangers rather a few times in recent years. I don't understand the appeal of playing them. Not a bad time to be playing them though. 

If you apply the same logic to the vast majority of our League games is it not just better to miss them all and wait for the condensed 9 minute highlights package on the website.

It's a good point but there is no doubt that playing rangers would have been a much bigger draw a few years ago and sure we would have sold more tickets.. with the new format, just finishing second in a pretty simple group means we were already in the last 16. Though beating hibs after going behind was unexpected. So one good game sees us in a quarters. But with the ridiculous seeding format we were bound to play them , and away too. 

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

The game being televised has killed any chance of anti-Ibrox fans attending tbh. I have no intention of going back but was swithering whether to go or not purely down to the circumstances. But the it being televised has made my mind up (that and my missus will be a week off her due date).

Hopefully Dobbs doesn't score early and get her excited it might be phone updates for the second half. 

14 minutes ago, ThomCat said:

It's a good point but there is no doubt that playing rangers would have been a much bigger draw a few years ago and sure we would have sold more tickets.. with the new format, just finishing second in a pretty simple group means we were already in the last 16. Though beating hibs after going behind was unexpected. So one good game sees us in a quarters. But with the ridiculous seeding format we were bound to play them , and away too. 

The quarter final draw wasn't seeded though it was just our luck that we got Rangers away. 

8 hours ago, Swarley said:

Oh my word that is tremendous. Not that it matters, nor should personal insults like this be tolerated, but I'd conservatively estimate that the amount of unpaid, volunteer work SD does for the Club is far in excess of this.

My point wasn't about the poster, I don't know him from Adam. I'm stating that at least I pay when I go to games bringing funds into the club. As for personal insults, stop sticking your beak in where it's no wanted, it's nowt to do with you ya kangaroo!