The Queen of the South thread

Totally agree - sincerely hope that the players can turn round this abysmal run of form. The financial upside is massive as it is for Rovers. This will be an extremely tough assignment - and we had better be prepared for a battle on a surface that is unlikely to be conducive to silky football. Not sure exactly how many warriors we have in our ranks but if we play anywhere near the level that we have been playing to recently I fear the worst. That said it would a great time to turn things around - by far our biggest game of the season and massive in the context of next years budget.

The pressure's on Big Jim now! Even Jim wouldn't escape the wrath of the Board if Queens balls up tomorrow. We've sacked enough managers in the past for not getting a good run  so we make some money in the Cup. The Celtic match is a sell-out at Palmerston if it happens and I would imagine it will be on live tv as well.

The big thing for me is players standing up and being counted - only Jordan Marshall and possibly Kyle Jacobs for me have played at a decent level over past few weeks and even some of our stalwarts have been hopelessly out of touch. One would hope that no matter who is in the dugout the players will raise their game way beyond what has been delivered recently.

Let's dispel any notion that we are vastly superior to Rovers - in a one off game there is likely to be absolutely nothing between the teams and with home advantage they will seriously fancy their chances. From memory Cliftonhill is a big surface so an opportunity to use the width and show that we are a much better team than recent results would suggest.

Played at Cliftonhill a few times when I was a bit boy if ma memory serves me right it's no bigger than Palmerston pre 3G. The draw has just piled more pressure on us now. Would take a replay right now !!!

Would agree with that.

Sad to hear of the death last night of Professor Ian Bryden, native of Lockerbie and enthusiastic life long Queen's fan. Ian was a reader of, if not frequent contributor to, these boards.

His first topic of conversation was always QOS and his desire to play for Queens as young man was even the subject of a recent graduation address (much to the bemusement of most of the students). RIP Ian.

https://www.uhi.ac.uk/en/about-uhi/senior-management/professor-ian-bryden