The Queen of the South thread

Nonsense.
Of course, there's grumbles when things aren't great.  But this picture of relentless booing for 90 minutes bears no relation to reality at all.

No one said booing for 90 minutes but fans can’t stop moaning. Fans need to get behind the players instead of writing them off before a match starts

Queens would do a lot better if it wasn’t for those pesky fans. First they were to blame for the losses. And now they are to blame for the team performances.

Players won’t want to perform for fans that are always on their back. If fans were actually on the players side for once they might be more confident

Is there anyone on this forum heading down to the AGM tomorrow night ?

Also wondered do you think Naysmith and the BOD’s will get a hard time or doesn’t that sort of thing happen at these meetings ?

Hope BOD get questioned on blocking fan representation on the board. Probably won’t give proper answer but seems like there are things that they don’t want fans to know about

19QOS19 I'm aloud to like what GN had to say. Just because alot of our fans don't like him, it doesn't mean the rest of us have to dislike him and everything he does and says.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

You really don't seem to be grasping this. No one has had a pop at him for defending Murray. I've said I think it's not the way he portrays it but that aside I've not said much else. My issue with the interview is he never focussed on how god awful we were but instead chose to focus on two players getting a bit of stick.

So is danord an alias of yours or just a pal who's signed up to back you? [emoji38]

You really don't seem to be grasping this. No one has had a pop at him for defending Murray. I've said I think it's not the way he portrays it but that aside I've not said much else. My issue with the interview is he never focussed on how god awful we were but instead chose to focus on two players getting a bit of stick.

So is danord an alias of yours or just a pal who's signed up to back you? [emoji38]

I am my own person. Not a clue who qos_1919 is

He defended his players though, something that I like to see. I thought he spoke enough about the game, he mentioned the high ball, having to chop and change the team about because of injuries, and how poor both teams were. He mentioned the league and how many points we're behind and if that caused both teams to be cautious. He mentioned the Dundee United coming up and mentioned about 2 points out of a possible 6 and that if we won last night then yesterday's performance would have been seen more like a good point considering how bad we played. That seems alot to me compares to the 2 players He apparently only concentrated on. He didnt exactly spend the majority of the interview concentrating on Murray and Lyndon.

4 hours ago, QoS_1919 said:

But it is a forum and I can reply to as many people as I like. If people replying to more than 1 person annoys you then maybe P&B isn't for you?
Nah, neither actually. We just have one of the worst fan base going in recent years.

Do you have any proposals on how to fix this "worst fan base"? Our fan base is just fine . . . could be a little bigger but its fine all the same.

11 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Do you have any proposals on how to fix this "worst fan base"? Our fan base is just fine . . . could be a little bigger but its fine all the same.

Only allow happy clappers in. Would need to charge them £200 entry but they wouldn’t mind.

If fans could just be more positive about the team it would do a lot for confidence of players

2 hours ago, QoS_1919 said:

GN's interview after the game spot on. I don't know why everyone is getting their knickers in a twist over his interview.

For me he was on a cliff face of openly criticising the fans, which is never a good idea. He did rescue it to a degree, by saying boo him instead of the players which fair enough. I think he has got his message out slightly wrong but I thought he was close to criticising the support all the same. 

He said about Lyndon his wife is in labour bla bla bla well sorry he shouldn't of been there. His head is not on the game 100%. Great he wanted to play but as gaffer he should of dropped him for the game let him and his wife have the kid and he comes back pumped up. I am more lenient of Dykes and his performances however perhaps yesterday should of been dropped. For him family should come first. 

He also said about Conor Murray he only a young lad don't boo him. He is in a business where the general public judge him. If he cant handle that then perhaps he is either at the wrong level or wrong profession. I hope Murray bounces back and becomes an asset to the club. I wish no ill will on any player or the manager. 

The interview was not his best.

1 minute ago, danord said:

If fans could just be more positive about the team it would do a lot for confidence of players

That is a two way street. The players, every single game, need to get the support on side, noisy and supportive. If the team are struggling I think the fans should help to rally the players. 

4 hours ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

Deary me, that latest interview from Naysmith is absolutely shocking.  I hope someone pulls him up on it at the AGM tomorrow, assuming he’s going. Criticising the fans who do pay their hard earned cash  is never acceptable in my opinion. 

Here you go mate..... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

He says the fans should boo him. How will he know when the fans are booing him and not the players? Is he going to give us a signal?

That is a two way street. The players, every single game, need to get the support on side, noisy and supportive. If the team are struggling I think the fans should help to rally the players. 

I agree with that. Fans are there to give encouragement but players also need to try their best as well