The Queen of the South thread

47 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Interesting to hear your view on Jason Kerr..His loan spell (like Zander) at Queens was definitely a great success for both clubs.Jason has progressed again this season and is starting to look like one of the best central defenders in the premiership..

39 minutes ago, SueSue said:

What are you talking about.

Skyline clearly states Kerr was excellent and the loan was good

not once saying anything to suggest Kerr was poor

LTS never mentioned anything about Kerr being poor...

Semple could genuinely be a top class centre half in the Premiership within 2/3 seasons, or even the English championship. Judging by the statement made by Sheffield United, I’d suggest there’s some sort of cheap(ish) buy back clause.

He has all the makings to be so good. He’s not the quickest player I’ve seen, but makes up for it with an excellent ability to read the game. Has a fantastic level of maturity for a 20 year old

1 hour ago, SueSue said:

What are you talking about.

Skyline clearly states Kerr was excellent and the loan was good

not once saying anything to suggest Kerr was poor

Eh....I was saying that I agreed with him and that Jason has now taken another step up.what do you think I said..Lay off the drugs :lol:

On the subject of the two CB loanees - both were excellent for us.

Kerr was absolutely outstanding and since returning to Saints seems to have improved dramatically. A very strong athletic type who is a big goal threat and who must surely be a target for a bigger club sooner rather than later.

I like Semple - very steady player and a decent passer of the ball. My one concern with Semple is his lack of pace and he is not a player who is suited to defending with a high line as he knows that the ball in behind is the potential problem.

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It takes two minutes to look up that there wasn’t a fee.

To be fair on Queensland it does say that there is various clauses and a sell on fee. This would tell me there is a fee related to appearances and a reasonable wage to boot.

To be fair on Queensland it does say that there is various clauses and a sell on fee. This would tell me there is a fee related to appearances and a reasonable wage to boot.

That’s fair. I’d imagine it’ll be related to promotion and being capped. But these things will never be known. It actually sounds like a pretty original transfer.

16 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

My one concern with Semple is his lack of pace and he is not a player who is suited to defending with a high line as he knows that the ball in behind is the potential problem.

He got skinned at Somerset Park that way last time round iirc. 

6 minutes ago, louisxiv said:

He got skinned at Somerset Park that way last time round iirc. 

If the lad was the finished article he wouldn’t have been a Queens. 

Pick all you want, we would have crawled over broken glass to have kept him until the end of the season.

County have got a very good young player 

As much as I like him, and respect that his former club have the right to sell him to whoever is willing to pay their price, I still feel a bit irked that he'll be lining up against us in future fixtures. But totally out of our hands and I certainly would not want the Board to spend money that we don't have to keep him. Good luck to the lad, but not against us!

59 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

As much as I like him, and respect that his former club have the right to sell him to whoever is willing to pay their price, I still feel a bit irked that he'll be lining up against us in future fixtures. But totally out of our hands and I certainly would not want the Board to spend money that we don't have to keep him. Good luck to the lad, but not against us!

So who do you blame for this situation arising? 

Queens, Sheffield Utd, Ross County or Young Semple?

8 minutes ago, SueSue said:

So who do you blame for this situation arising? 

Queens, Sheffield Utd, Ross County or Young Semple?

Why does "blame"  come into it.  The player,  his agent and Sheffield Utd would each  want the best deal they could get,  Ross County must have fitted the bill as far as they were concerned.  Money wise Queens,  or most Championship clubs,  couldn't expect to compete.  Sometimes things happen that you can't help or don't have a say in,  Semple did well for us but that is past now,  I don't think Queens could have done anything to realistically get him back to Palmerston.