The Queen of the South thread

I don't think we can afford to start building a squad until that "possible start date" becomes a "probable start date" or even a "definite start date".
As for signing targets, it's going to be a complete free-for-all, with most teams starting from scratch.  I suppose the teams that did well enough last year might stick with what they know and re-sign a lot of last season's squad.  Better the devil you now and all that.  That wouldn't be an advisable strategy for ourselves though.
Assuming we stick with Johnston, which unfortunately seems likely, hopefully he has learned some major lessons from last season.  We basically require a whole squad, but priorities have to be; a reliable goalkeeper, actual wide men instead of 10 central midfielders none any better than the others, and an energetic partner for Dobbie.
Of the ones released there isn't anyone I'm desperate to see return, but I'd be fine with Semple, Mercer and Lyon returning.  Kilday, Murray and Hamilton would be acceptable.
I think you have hit the nail on the head there regarding start dates. How can you plan for what is basically an unplannable (is that a word?) situation. I would really like to see Semple, Kilday, Mercer, Oliver and Murray return. The goalkeeper position will be the most crucial position to fill as this has really affected us in the last two seasons.

49 minutes ago, MallanandFlanagan said:
3 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:
I don't think we can afford to start building a squad until that "possible start date" becomes a "probable start date" or even a "definite start date".
As for signing targets, it's going to be a complete free-for-all, with most teams starting from scratch.  I suppose the teams that did well enough last year might stick with what they know and re-sign a lot of last season's squad.  Better the devil you now and all that.  That wouldn't be an advisable strategy for ourselves though.
Assuming we stick with Johnston, which unfortunately seems likely, hopefully he has learned some major lessons from last season.  We basically require a whole squad, but priorities have to be; a reliable goalkeeper, actual wide men instead of 10 central midfielders none any better than the others, and an energetic partner for Dobbie.
Of the ones released there isn't anyone I'm desperate to see return, but I'd be fine with Semple, Mercer and Lyon returning.  Kilday, Murray and Hamilton would be acceptable.

I think you have hit the nail on the head there regarding start dates. How can you plan for what is basically an unplannable (is that a word?) situation. I would really like to see Semple, Kilday, Mercer, Oliver and Murray return. The goalkeeper position will be the most crucial position to fill as this has really affected us in the last two seasons.

Jack Leighfield  surely now deserves a chance I think we will have a young squad next season 

43 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Jack Leighfield  surely now deserves a chance I think we will have a young squad next season 

He only “deserves a chance” if he is better than anyone else we can realistically get.

19 hours ago, FrankReynolds said:

Would someone kindly give me the ins and outs of this? And possibly an update from the last 12 weeks? Just back from a trip and have missed a fair bit. Thanks 

Anyone? Or do I need to be a d*ick like the one who got banned to get a reply? 

10 hours ago, Dougie Mills said:

He only “deserves a chance” if he is better than anyone else we can realistically get.

Jamie McDonald is the obvious choice but if he has turned down a deal at Killie then he will like must full time players out of our price range  .

Would someone kindly give me the ins and outs of this? And possibly an update from the last 12 weeks? Just back from a trip and have missed a fair bit. Thanks 

Untitled-1-copy.jpgddddddd.jpeg

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Untitled-1-copy.jpgddddddd.jpeg

I don't get it??

I was just looking for a reply and help on how to work this properly.  Also missed a fair bit lately but slowly catching up.

Was just pointing out that the person who got banned recently was a right dick but everyone seemed to bite to him and reply every time. But an old timer asking for info doesn't? 

Grand daughter has just pointed out what it means and that you're just trying to be a smart arse. Her words not mine.
Anyone else with any info? Would be appreciated. 
Cool story bro.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
5 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:
Grand daughter has just pointed out what it means and that you're just trying to be a smart arse. Her words not mine.
Anyone else with any info? Would be appreciated. 

Cool story bro.

You replied to me first with a silly picture.

I take it everyone acts like an immature d*ck on here? 

Or is it a case if you're new then you're not welcome by certain posters like this guy wasting my time? 

Or is it a case if you're new then you're not welcome by certain posters like this guy wasting my time? 

You sound familiar. Have you posted on here before?

1 minute ago, FrankReynolds said:

Honestly, not really sure what you want, to be honest

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Honestly, not really sure what you want, to be honest

Was just asking for any info on the last few month as I've been away. I've got most of it from online articles the past couple of days but joined here hoping to get more info. Was also asking how to work this properly and what things like FIFY mean. 

That is all. If no one is willing to help and would rather be silly then that's fine - gives me an idea on whos posts are worth reading and who's not. 

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
6 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

You sound familiar. Have you posted on here before?

No does that matter? Are new accounts frowned upon? 

Sorry about them red arrow things. Was just seeing what they were but I've removed them

Was just asking for any info on the last few month as I've been away. I've got most of it from online articles the past couple of days but joined here hoping to get more info. Was also asking how to work this properly and what things like FIFY mean. 
That is all. If no one is willing to help and would rather be silly then that's fine - gives me an idea on whos posts are worth reading and who's not. 
You've mastered the quote and the Like function already. Not bad for a beginner [emoji38]

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

You've mastered the quote and the Like function already. Not bad for a beginner emoji38.png

Yeah the quote bit was obvious. Well obvious after getting it pointed out to me. As for the like function I was pressing to see what it was and then removed the red thing I put to your posts.

any more questions officer? 

20 hours ago, FrankReynolds said:

Trip where? We’ve been on lockdown

1 hour ago, FrankReynolds said:

You’ve  clearly read through the pages to see what’s been happening then to see this. This is a really poor attempt Frank. 

2 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Trip where? We’ve been on lockdown

You’ve  clearly read through the pages to see what’s been happening then to see this. This is a really poor attempt Frank. 

Yeah I read through a few pages to try and get up to date. Was a waste of time as there was just arguments so thought I'd just ask hoping someone would be kind enough to update me but instead I'm getting interrogated, don't know if that's normal for new accounts? 

As for the trip - it was work related. 

There's your new avatar. "FrankReynolds hunter". I'm impressed an "old timer" watches Sunny in Philly tbh.

3763443-5077893819-hqdef.jpeg.3f0028ea537da07d038e33bd3c61ab14.jpeg

44 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

Why don’t you just scroll through the posts to see what’s been happening?