The Queen of the South thread

Thats, of course, another discussion. Im assuming that McIntyre sticks with his formation. Id be surprised if he doesnt

So will I.

A lone striker chasing shadows with an "advanced" midfielder not really knowing where the hell he is supposed to be playing is the future. Apparently.

Oh yeah. I forgot we'd already played in the Scottish cup :ph34r:

Oh yeah, the" he has scored x amount of goals against lower opposition" retort. Have a look back at the quality of the finishes against Annan etc if you will. Ten goals is a fantastic return from a man that has contributed so much to Qos . I have already said that he might well be better coming off the bench now . One thing for sure is that the way JM had him playing up top himself was ridiculous . Only someone with the engine of Reilly - and how many are there ? - can play a lone man role like that . There might still be a starting place for Lyle up front , but only if he has proper support beside him to benefit from his head flicks and touches .

Most of the pro youth sides at 17s, including our own play a system very similar to the one we are currently adopting. It is here to stay for sure.

Excellent news.

Pity we changed it on Saturday and we might well have got a replay.

Oh yeah, the" he has scored x amount of goals against lower opposition" retort. Have a look back at the quality of the finishes against Annan etc if you will. Ten goals is a fantastic return from a man that has contributed so much to Qos . I have already said that he might well be better coming off the bench now . One thing for sure is that the way JM had him playing up top himself was ridiculous . Only someone with the engine of Reilly - and how many are there ? - can play a lone man role like that . There might still be a starting place for Lyle up front , but only if he has proper support beside him to benefit from his head flicks and touches .

Its not a "retort", its a fact. The quality of the finishes is irrelevant. As I said, 3 league goals after more than a quarter of the season, isnt a particularly great return.

I thought this as well but you need to have an actual physical injury to be able to bring in a emergency loan.

No you dont. You never have. Not sure where you get that idea from. There was no injury involved when Orsi and Black and indeed Hopkirk went on Emergency Loans to Annan last year.

Antell however has a foot injury sustained when he was caught late by a Cowdenbeath striker when clearing a backpass.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

No you dont. You never have.

Antell however has a foot injury sustained when he was caught late by a Cowdenbeath striker when clearing a backpass.

So you don't need an actual injury to a body part you say . Who would ever have thought that eh ? That ruling must be open to potential abuse . Not that I would for one minute suggest we might be capable of playing the system you understand. Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

So you don't need an actual injury to a body part you say . Who would ever have thought that eh ? That ruling must be open to potential abuse . Not that I would for one minute suggest we might be capable of playing the system you understand.

I've no idea what on earth you are going on about. Emergency loans have been about for about a decade and have never at any point required anyone to be injured for a club to use one. It's just a way round the window system for lower division clubs, just like they have in England. Nobody is playing any system, the loan system is there for clubs to borrow players as required.

The only time you ever need to prove any genuine "emergency" is if you want to bring in a player after the March 31st deadline each season which exists to stop clubs effectively buying their way out of relegation problems or to promotion on the back of a number of short term loans.

I've no idea what on earth you are going on about. Emergency loans have been about for about a decade and have never at any point required anyone to be injured for a club to use one. It's just a way round the window system for lower division clubs, just like they have in England. Nobody is playing any system, the loan system is there for clubs to borrow players as required.

The only time you ever need to prove any genuine "emergency" is if you want to bring in a player after the March 31st deadline each season which exists to stop clubs effectively buying their way out of relegation problems or to promotion on the back of a number of short term loans.

Ok SD, so why is there a transfer window ? You can just go and bring in whoever you want all season round then and outwith any window.A farce even because teams get enough of a chance to sign who they think they require . This suits teams that have made bad signing decisions . Better not go there . Edited by JRS LEFT PEG