The Queen of the South thread

Hearts apart it's the bottom 3 clubs that have cost us a higher place in the league. These are the teams that tend to sit in as Dumbarton did yesterday and we seem to struggle to break them down. Generally when we have played against anyone in an open game we have more success especially at home.

Not sure thats entirely fair. Hearts have been exceptional this year but generally win your home games and draw the away ones and you wont be far away. We did exactly that with Alloa and would effectively have done that with Livi too if we won on Saturday coming (albeit with an away win and home draw). Our return against those sides is decent enough. Its the two losses to Cowden that disappoint most, especially the one at Palmerston. We were awful first half up there and deserved to lose but the home one we dominated, couldnt score, got hit on the break last minute first half, eventually forced an equaliser with about five to go and went chasing a winner rather than take the point only to be hit with another breakaway last minute goal to lose. We didnt deserve that and its our only home league defeat other than Hearts (& the one they nicked with Zeefuik's late double deflection was a kick in the teeth too).

Our home record is very good.

Not sure thats entirely fair. Hearts have been exceptional this year but generally win your home games and draw the away ones and you wont be far away. We did exactly that with Alloa and would effectively have done that with Livi too if we won on Saturday coming (albeit with an away win and home draw). Our return against those sides is decent enough. Its the two losses to Cowden that disappoint most, especially the one at Palmerston. We were awful first half up there and deserved to lose but the home one we dominated, couldnt score, got hit on the break last minute first half, eventually forced an equaliser with about five to go and went chasing a winner rather than take the point only to be hit with another breakaway last minute goal to lose. We didnt deserve that and its our only home league defeat other than Hearts (& the one they nicked with Zeefuik's late double deflection was a kick in the teeth too).

Our home record is very good.

Are there any players one booking away from a ban ?.Holt must be close.Can Queens rest players on Sat.Is there not some rule that you must play your best team unless players are out with injury.Can we play 4or 5 from the under 20team.

Livi have had a good month yes, but I would still stick by Fowler.

We picked up 13 points from a potential 15. Wins at Easter Road, a crucial victory at home to Falkirk and a 3-0 hammering of The Rangers being the highlights. 9 points from those 3 game was a real achievement and something even the biggest happy clappers within our support never expected.

yep impressive beating Hibs and Sevco.

We played 6 games in April though and got 10 points from 5 games plus a cup final win and Burchill has finally got us off the bottom of the table, fantastic from him as we looked dead and buried last month.

Would have no complaints if Fowler gets it but still think Burchill deserves credit for this month and must be in with a shout.

Holt is one booking from a ban but as it wouldnt apply for a fortnight then even if he got booked saturday he wouldnt be suspended until the second playoff game.

Millar is also one booking away but still suspended next week anyway so irrelevant.

There are two or three others two bookings from suspension but nobody else one away.

Are there any players one booking away from a ban ?.Holt must be close.Can Queens rest players on Sat.Is there not some rule that you must play your best team unless players are out with injury.Can we play 4or 5 from the under 20team.
Holt is one booking from a ban but as it wouldnt apply for a fortnight then even if he got booked saturday he wouldnt be suspended until the second playoff game.Millar is also one booking away but still suspended next week anyway so irrelevant.There are two or three others two bookings from suspension but nobody else one away.
SD do you know if there are any suspended or close to it for either of our possible opponents.

It has been a very decent season for the team and board.

In the main the traveling support has be superb!

There has been the usual hate fest at any player who puts a foot wrong from isolated elements in both the Main and east stand!

And there are are a few posters on here who should hang there heads and are a bit of a disgrace...You know who you are ...19QOS19!

I have tried to support the team and Fowler at every opportunity .

The decision to offload 2 disruptive players to our inferior rivals has proved correct.

Next the play -offs.

Who knows?

It has been a very decent season for the team and board.

In the main the traveling support has be superb!

There has been the usual hate fest at any player who puts a foot wrong from isolated elements in both the Main and east stand!

And there are are a few posters on here who should hang there heads and are a bit of a disgrace...You know who you are ...19QOS19!

I have tried to support the team and Fowler at every opportunity .

The decision to offload 2 disruptive players to our inferior rivals has proved correct.

Next the play -offs.

Who knows?

:lol::lol::lol: I'll give you that, that was pretty funny. A desperate attempt but pretty funny nonetheless :lol:

You actually mentioned something that I was questioning on Saturday. I can't recall the last player I really really didn't like. Nor can I recall the last player to receive unnecessary criticism every match. I suppose for the latter it would be McShane. The young guy took a lot of abuse last season that was very harsh. For me personally, I'd have to say the last player I really didn't like was Scott McLaughlin. F*cking hopeless and how he played the majority of matches for us says it all about Gus.

I got thinking about it because there was some guys sitting behind me who were criticising Paton for near enough the whole game. I think if he doesn't start improving (if he even stays) then he may well be the next 'target' for a lot of fans.

I think it goes to show how spoiled we have been in the last few seasons.

:lol::lol::lol: I'll give you that, that was pretty funny. A desperate attempt but pretty funny nonetheless :lol:

You actually mentioned something that I was questioning on Saturday. I can't recall the last player I really really didn't like. Nor can I recall the last player to receive unnecessary criticism every match. I suppose for the latter it would be McShane. The young guy took a lot of abuse last season that was very harsh. For me personally, I'd have to say the last player I really didn't like was Scott McLaughlin. F*cking hopeless and how he played the majority of matches for us says it all about Gus.

I got thinking about it because there was some guys sitting behind me who were criticising Paton for near enough the whole game. I think if he doesn't start improving (if he even stays) then he may well be the next 'target' for a lot of fans.

I think it goes to show how spoiled we have been in the last few seasons.

You should move to the new stand, around half way where I sit sometimes. There is a chap around there who is absolutely moist for "Shaney" (never heard anyone else refer to him as that, I thought he was "Lovejoy"). He's a big fan of "Danny" as well and is noticeably more excited in the second half when his hero is on that side of the pitch. I suppose it is a nice change from the usually moaning that goes on from the grumpy old men in that section, but it is a bit cringey considering the man swooning like a teenage girl must be in his late 40s!

Paton can be a frustrating player at times so I suppose discontent from the crowd is understandable. He's the type to try things that don't always come off. Now I'm usually fine with that because I'd rather see someone attempt to take someone on and fail, than just opting for the safe pass all the time. Iain Russell is in this category as well I suppose.

Zander Clark was a target for the "boo boys", as was Lewis Kidd to a certain extent. Throw in McShane and I suppose the lesson learned would be to give the young players more of a chance to establish themselves. I always saw enough in Kidd and Clark to give them the benefit of the doubt and I think both have proven any doubters wrong. McShane I was far more unsure of, to the extent I'm still not fully convinced by him. The fact several successive managers have stuck by him should probably be enough to assure me of his abilities. Having full confidence in the manager is a relatively new concept to me though!

I never liked Antell but that was more pity than hate for him being utter pish. My dislike for the McPherson team is solely at the manager. I guess the last player I've disliked is Willie McLaren for being an absolute waster as well as being an egotist.

McShane is just frustrating there's games where he is immense and seems to be everywhere and others where he vanishes.

Edited by Sloop John B

Well done Queens. Hopefully those that jumped on the negatives during the season learn to count to ten before thinking the sky is going to fall down.

Am also hoping that the Saturday (or Sunday?) play off games are on at a decent time eg 3pm so us expats don't have to get up at a ridiculous time.

Why?What difference did the fearing of the worst by any fan, make?

None at all and there is nothing wrong with highlighting negatives.

My point was that some are too quick to criticise. Numerous examples during the season of losing or drawing one game and suddenly everything at Palmerston is wrong.

Genuine question . There's a ever growing group of fans who refuse to buy merchandise , book hospitality and now entry the draw because of these rumours . That's Sir is a fact .

We would like to know

Ask the club then. You're hardly likely to get an answer on here. All you're doing is stirring up shit against individuals at the club. This isnt the place for that