The General Ross County Chat Thread

12 minutes ago, Steve Carrella said:

I believe we've been working on this for a while. Lopata is young and quicker than anything we have at the back. Hopefully he can provide part of the solution to current issues. A welcome addition.

I’d imagine Ryan Leak might be away then.  

Edit: either that, or it makes the Ricki Lamie signing even less understandable.  

Edit 2: a goddamn winger please, Don.  

Edited by Savage Henry

Also a pretty sizeable lad too. Glad we've got someone else in at the back.

Leak has given me some Chris Robertson vibes- looked decent to start with but has progressively fallen out of favour.

5 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Also a pretty sizeable lad too. Glad we've got someone else in at the back.

Leak has given me some Chris Robertson vibes- looked decent to start with but has progressively fallen out of favour.

That’ll be League Cup winning Chris Robertson to you.   

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

That’ll be League Cup winning Chris Robertson to you.   

Didn't even get on the pitch from memory haha, it was Davies and...Quinn I think?

1 minute ago, Comrie said:

Didn't even get on the pitch from memory haha, it was Davies and...Quinn I think?

All I know is he’s one of the few legible autographs on the signed programme from that day I won.    He and Billy Dodds  and McLaughlin, who I assume was in the stand but got a medal anyway.  

Everyone who didn’t put a number, not a scooby to this day.  

28 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

9-1-1 formation?

Well hey, if that's what it takes to keep a clean sheet the next time we face Spartans...

Eli Campbell now.👍. Real indication that Don knew our existing central defenders wouldn't cut the mustard. Will take a few games ( and defeats) before a preferred 11 emerges but I'm really happy with the approach the club has taken in the final days of transfer activity. 

1 hour ago, Steve Carrella said:

Eli Campbell now.👍. Real indication that Don knew our existing central defenders wouldn't cut the mustard. Will take a few games ( and defeats) before a preferred 11 emerges but I'm really happy with the approach the club has taken in the final days of transfer activity. 

I don’t disagree, but Cowie signed two of those centre backs, albeit one from last season.  

Glad we've signed a couple of CB's but hopefully due diligence has been done and it's not panic buying before the window closes.

Of course it is - Lamie has had an injury setback and Nightingale has been a bombscare. Oh for a peak Andrew Davies.

Connall Ewan is highly thought of apparently so hopefully a spell at the basketcase club over the bridge doesn't ruin him.  

6 hours ago, Comrie said:

Perfect comparison. Had a few dodgy moments last season and it's not looking like hes in Cowie's thoughts just now.

Everton and Barnsley fans that I've seen on X seem to be talking these two lads up, so hopefully that's a good sign. 

18 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

I'd appreciate it if you could ask for Fridays Euromillions numbers please, as you are clearly one step ahead of the rest of us.

Ha ha I wish. Just coincidence I’m afraid. Saw your last squad and I saw no sign of Ewan and just wondered!

Like the look of Lopata, going by the photo the club put out he has something in his eyes that says "I'm going to eat your face if you dare to try and beat me"

10 hours ago, Stub Acme said:

I really like Lopata, has a good combination of size/physicality and a bit of quickness, should be great once he gets up and running 

If he's similar to something like Leo Hjelde, that'll be good.

Joshua Nisbet in the Australian squad along with a favourite for some of you, Jackson Irvine, for WC qualifiers v Bahrain (Gold Coast, 5 Sep) and Indonesia (Jakarta, 10 Sep).

1 hour ago, Eednud said:

Joshua Nisbet in the Australian squad along with a favourite for some of you, Jackson Irvine, for WC qualifiers v Bahrain (Gold Coast, 5 Sep) and Indonesia (Jakarta, 10 Sep).

You’d have thought they’d let him settle in Scotland.

29 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

You’d have thought they’d let him settle in Scotland.

It’ll do no harm to his QANTAS Frequent Flyer points balance and status credits.