The General Ross County Chat Thread

2 hours ago, Coastie said:

Was Nisbet injured when he went off? Saw he rated second highest on Fotmob (behind Hale) so wondered why he was replaced. County conceded straight after he went off also.

Must have been a pretty decent performance in any case - shame about the late goals.

Thought he played well but looked knackered towards the end. 

I see Nisbet has been dropped from the Australian squad.   I don’t see this as a bad thing at all from a County point of view.  They did him a real disservice calling him for games against Bahrain and Indonesia reserves about a week after he got here.  

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

I see Nisbet has been dropped from the Australian squad.   I don’t see this as a bad thing at all from a County point of view.  They did him a real disservice calling him for games against Bahrain and Indonesia reserves about a week after he got here.  

You’re right. He’s looked burst since he joined. I’d just be giving him the week off if I was Don.

ETA: by burst I mean unable to complete a full game. All this travelling ought to have played a part in that.

Edited by Weird Fishes

14 minutes ago, Weird Fishes said:

You’re right. He’s looked burst since he joined. I’d just be giving him the week off if I was Don.

ETA: by burst I mean unable to complete a full game. All this travelling ought to have played a part in that.

I wonder if he/they didn’t ask for him not to be included.  Certainly the Australian fans seem pretty surprised he’s not in there, and it’s not as if his form has dropped off a cliff.

10 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I wonder if he/they didn’t ask for him not to be included.  Certainly the Australian fans seem pretty surprised he’s not in there, and it’s not as if his form has dropped off a cliff.

More than surprised - devastated. He's our best attacking mid and best at holding the ball under pressure. The zippy midfields of Asia (esp Japan) will eat us alive with the donkeys selected ahead of Nizz.

50 minutes ago, Coastie said:

More than surprised - devastated. He's our best attacking mid and best at holding the ball under pressure. The zippy midfields of Asia (esp Japan) will eat us alive with the donkeys selected ahead of Nizz.

The cheek of you to come in here and talk about Beautiful Jackson Irvine like that. 

8 hours ago, Weird Fishes said:

The cheek of you to come in here and talk about Beautiful Jackson Irvine like that. 

He's always been a favourite of mine, to be fair, but Irvine's touch really let's him down these days.

Nizz is the future, and ought to be the present. 

On 08/10/2024 at 09:14, Coastie said:

Was Nisbet injured when he went off? Saw he rated second highest on Fotmob (behind Hale) so wondered why he was replaced. County conceded straight after he went off also.

Must have been a pretty decent performance in any case - shame about the late goals.

Don't pay too much attention to fotmob - Connor Randall was the best player on the park.

Dylan Smith captained the Scotland U-19s against Hungary over the weekend, leading them to a 2-1 win.

Last time I remember a County player captaining the country in the younger levels would be Jamie McCunnie. Let's hope Dylan's career is a bit better than his.

Eli Campbell got on for the last 10 minutes of England U21s Vs Italy

3 hours ago, forkboy said:

Dylan Smith captained the Scotland U-19s against Hungary over the weekend, leading them to a 2-1 win.

Last time I remember a County player captaining the country in the younger levels would be Jamie McCunnie. Let's hope Dylan's career is a bit better than his.

Jamie McCunnie is now a grade two referee.  

On 14/10/2024 at 09:09, forkboy said:

Dylan was captain of the Scotland U17s before stepping up to the U19s

Will Nightingale has undergone surgery for his knee injury now, so can at least start on the road to recovery, though we'll not see him back until 2025

2 hours ago, forkboy said:

Will Nightingale has undergone surgery for his knee injury now, so can at least start on the road to recovery, though we'll not see him back until 2025

I’m not sure he’s in our top three centre backs.  He’s definitely in the top four though.  

29 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Max Sheaf out for another 6 weeks, Nightengale out for 10 weeks.  

The Sheaf thing is beginning to look like medical malpractice!   

It’s a bit of a shame because I actually thought he was coming onto a game as time progressed. 

Thought Sheaf looked awful to start with but as above, it looked like he'd found his feet and was improving. Our treatment room is a disgrace. Players go there and are forever lost.

4 hours ago, Lanky Highlander said:

Watched the highlights last night after I got home from match. Comedy football, really poor stuff. Relegation football right there. 

Couldn't agree more. The third goal, sendings off accounted for,  is a Max Sennett set piece.  One for the kids. 

I have noticed a new trend floating around Twitter/X: the “oh yeah, he played for (insert team name here!)” XI. I thought I would give it a go on this here Sunday evening given I am a sad 32 year old with nothing better to do:

Paul Gallacher

Jonathan Bateson

Callum Semple

Abdoulaye Meite

Ben Gordon

Michael Tidser

Mark Fotheringham

Oscar Gobern

Darvydas Sernas

John Stewart

Chris Burke

I tried to keep it to the last 15 years or so. Are there any glaring omissions there?