The General Ross County Chat Thread

59 minutes ago, Forfinn said:

But I wonder if, in the long run, we'd be better off without them? The evidence suggests the Highlands isn't big enough (in terms of population) to sustain two top level teams. If they fade in to obscurity or go under then that gives us the opportunity to hoover up all the support, player talent and business interest in the region.

The problem is as always, the number of glory hunters in the Highlands who are too busy supporting the OF.

The amount of laugh reacts on posts regarding Caley's admin from folk from Dornoch, Inverness and other places up here was grim viewing.

1 hour ago, Forfinn said:

A question:

Are Ross County better off with a strong ICT and regular Highland Derbies, or a weak or even defunct ICT?

The received wisdom is that we have a symbiotic relationship.

But I wonder if, in the long run, we'd be better off without them? The evidence suggests the Highlands isn't big enough (in terms of population) to sustain two top level teams. If they fade in to obscurity or go under then that gives us the opportunity to hoover up all the support, player talent and business interest in the region.

That process is perhaps underway already, and I, for one, would be happy enough to see it continue. Thoughts?

I would agree with you. Whilst the last 3-4 years have been thoroughly unexciting, we’re ultimately going through a spell of 12 out of 13 possible years in the top tier of Scottish Football. They were relegated, what, 8 years ago? Since then, we’ve really only progressed as a club.

The only beneficiaries from us being in the same league would be BBC Scotland (or Alba, given the Mongrels currently league position) and local boozers. 

11 hours ago, Forfinn said:

A question:

Are Ross County better off with a strong ICT and regular Highland Derbies, or a weak or even defunct ICT?

The received wisdom is that we have a symbiotic relationship.

That process is perhaps underway already, and I, for one, would be happy enough to see it continue. Thoughts?

It wouldn't bother me if Caley ceased to exist, and I doubt it would have any impact whatsoever on County. They're a non entity as far as I'm concerned, and we've got bigger beef with other 'non traditional' rivals.