The General Ross County Chat Thread

Nice volley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QhwUYsKf4s

From the p&j

Ross County have signed Fleetwood Town midfielder Stewart Murdoch on a two year deal.

The 25-year-old midfielder graduated from the youth academy at Falkirk, enjoying loan spells at Berwick Rangers and East Fife before establishing himself as a key man in the Falkirk first team and then earning a move south of the border.

Ross County sign Stewart Murdoch

Murdoch played a crucial part for the Cod Army as they won promotion to League One and then last season made a further 13 appearances for Graham Alexander while also spending time on loan at Northampton Town.

At Fleetwood Murdoch largely played in a holding midfield role but at Northampton he was given the chance to play in a more box-to-box role – enabling him to score a stunning half volley shown in the video above.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/spo...lf-volley/?

Edited by frankthetank22

Looks to me like Billy is just trying to disguise the fact that he's wearing the same t-shirt two days in a row...

I also note we've been banned from seeing our new signing's jeans, so we don't know if he is able to dress himself or not.

Is he any good? A Hartlepool fan on their forum describe him as a headless chicken.

There are similar comments there too, mostly about work rate ahead of technique. Perhaps it's another prong to SH's "team of Dunfields" fork, along with Holden, but 'a fringe of Dunfields' is probably more close to the truth.

He suits the system. He's a wide forward who works his guts out and will protect the full-back well. I don't expect that he will be the first choice because of the quality of De Vita and Gardyne on the flanks (and with Dingwall in reserve). But I don't see it as a bad thing to have a player like him coming in, if the others have to match the workrate of the less glamorous workhorses to keep their place in the team. Ditto with comparing Curran to Graham up front.

A couple of CBs next please, Billy.

Are these not the kinds of signings who usually last six months and then leave? I think having cover for left back and left midfield is no bad thing - I see this chap as the new Joltin' Joe - usually a sub.

I've never seen either of these characters so I wouldn't say they make up a team of Dunfields - Dunfield manifestly wasn't good enough and I wouldn't even say that about Curran anymore.

The Hartlepool fans' views of these guys isn't inspiring, but who's to say they won't turn out to be a Craig Curran or Scott Boyd, I.e much better than advertised?

On another note, Ronnie Moore seems like an arse, doesn't he?

He (Franks) seems like an improvement on Cardle and Holden is an improvement on not having a second choice left-back. I'm reasonably happy if they are "squad" players as opposed to starting XI players. Murdoch isn't a particularly signing either but he might not be an automatic starter (see below) and the squad is needing filled out.

I read elsewhere (the Championship forum) that Hibs are interested in Irvine. I'm still hoping that he'll be here next season. Other than that, I'm just wanting some new centre-backs (read: Songo'o + A.N.Other), like Bunglebonce and presumably everyone else.

I saw the Irvine rumour on Twitter yesterday. Maybe that will appeal to him, and if he rejects the Celtic offer (if he thinks he won't get a sniff of the first team, as he hinted at in the press a few months ago), then Ross County wouldn't be able to compete in a financial drag race with Hibs. However, if he signs another 2-3 year deal with Celtic I still think he will be back on loan at County.

?... I'm reasonably happy if they are "squad" players as opposed to starting XI players. Murdoch isn't a particularly signing either but he might not be an automatic starter (see below) and the squad is needing filled out.

I read elsewhere (the Championship forum) that Hibs are interested in Irvine. I'm still hoping that he'll be here next season.....

I'd expect Jim to only sign players he thought potentially better than what we have already - either now or with a bit of development time.

Not sure if Irvine would be seduced by Hibs, cautiously optimistic that his happy experience here will clinch another season's stay.

Plus no one else has his hair.