The General Ross County Chat Thread

45 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Apparently you have an Argentinian sister club.

Representative from the club were here some years ago. If I remember they swapped some bits and pieces which are likely in the respective boardrooms but I haven’t heard of any other contact.

13 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Steady on.  He scored 20 odd goals and seems a nice fella.  That’s as far as it goes.  

Another instantly forgettable ex-County player, the wee winger we had on loan from Southampton, who was utterly honking, is playing against Kilmarnock on the telly right now.  

Kazeem Olaigbe and he scored Cercle Brugge's goal. If I remember correctly he came here on a season long loan but Southampton recalled him during the winter window and a couple of days later put him on loan to an English league 2 side for the rest of the season

Anyway of my age. Who lived through the 1980&1990s. willing to admit they had a 2nd team as well as County? Especially in the Highland league days?

Go on, what team was it? 😆

12 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Anyway of my age. Who lived through the 1980&1990s. willing to admit they had a 2nd team as well as County? Especially in the Highland league days?

Go on, what team was it? 😆

I did until County got their league status but nowadays County is my team and Hearts are the wee team

25 minutes ago, Steve Carrella said:

The latest developments across the bridge are nothing short of extraordinary. If you thought that the  people running that club were mad you now have it confirmed with bells on.

I've just been reading a little about it, sounds VERY dodgy to me.

This could be just the beginning of the ict banter years.

https://x.com/Nareystoepoker/status/1816822335434817968?t=WYvocRTqe1praECUvYLmhw&s=19

A guy with crypto links, a company website with minimal detail, an unproven company with what looks like minimal capital. What could possibly go wrong…?

Ikea incoming…

Edited by Lanky Highlander
Typo. Where are my glasses…?

1 hour ago, Steve Carrella said:

The latest developments across the bridge are nothing short of extraordinary. If you thought that the  people running that club were mad you now have it confirmed with bells on.

You're not kidding. That company & their directors set off more alarm bells than I thought possible. Granted, anyone chats about crypto or AI & I immediately get more cynical than Diogenes of Sinope, but it sounds absolutely rotten

Any residue of sympathy I had for ICT has completely evaporated. Hell mend them. I was advised of this potential "deal" last week and thought there was no chance it would get the green light. The specific detail of the arrangement has not been released and hysterical laughter is guaranteed when it is. OED are currently revising the definition of moronic.

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Needed.  Don’t know if he’s any good, but we definitely need back up central midfielders.  

I like him. He's not technically brilliant, but he's very athletic and works his arse off. Quite good at making late runs, less good at finishing them off. That might come with playing more.

Just now, Tony Wonder said:

I like him. He's not technically brilliant, but he's very athletic and works his arse off. Quite good at making late runs, less good at finishing them off. That might come with playing more.

A box to box midfielder is *precisely* what we need.  *Chef’s kiss/slightly unsure eyes emoji*

4 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Still think we're a CB and a CM short, but looking better now.

Neither of the two new signings have the 10 or 11 shirts. I’m inclined to think we’re a midfielder and a winger short.  

56 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Neither of the two new signings have the 10 or 11 shirts. I’m inclined to think we’re a midfielder and a winger short.  

Maybe I'm just absolutely not convinced by our current backline, who knows. Unless Lamie suddenly turns into prime Andrew Davies.

5 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Maybe I'm just absolutely not convinced by our current backline, who knows. Unless Lamie suddenly turns into prime Andrew Davies.

I’m totally with you.  Ricki Lamie’s next move will be to a league one team.   Abysmal.