The General Ross County Chat Thread

I like the idea of signing Billing because I appreciated the box to box role that Steven Ross played in the 4-3-3 last year, even if he didn't quite have the cutting edge. I think Billing would offer something similar. If he could step in to be the next Jackson Irvine that would be brilliant, but I don't expect that.

I think the extra striker to come in will probably be a player with a similar profile to Billing, whether or not Billing actually arrives. It makes sense to go for a forward with a lot of pace as a different option, but as someone who isn't going to play every game.

I think there were only three defeats in 2015 when County were outplayed: the 1-3 at home to ICT; the 0-4 at Aberdeen and the 1-2 at home to Partick Thistle. The telling difference in the two home defeats, IMO, was that when County tried to crowd out the middle, the opposition could just chip the ball over the top of the defence to a quick forward, to build another attack early and high up the pitch. County just don't have that kind of option (apart from Gardyne timing his run in off the flank, but that's not always a choice given the role he plays).

1. 8ebzugeW_bigger.jpeg

Ross County boss Jim McIntyre says they won't be offering trialist keeper Jonathan Henly a deal

1 retweet0 favorites
    Retweeted1
    Favorite
    More

Back to the drawing board then. McIntyre confirming we are hoping to sign another 3 players. Keeper, midfielder and a striker

Edited by tintax

1. 8ebzugeW_bigger.jpeg

Ross County boss Jim McIntyre says they won't be offering trialist keeper Jonathan Henly a deal

1 retweet0 favorites
    Retweeted1
    Favorite
    More

Back to the drawing board then. McIntyre confirming we are hoping to sign another 3 players. Keeper, midfielder and a striker

Bit of a surprise that, from what I can gather.

Henly played the whole of the second game in Hungary but whilst he wasn't to blame for either goal, he didn't particularly impress me. A couple of times he palmed a ball of to the side when he probably should have held it.

Some photos from the Blackpool friendly.

They're low-res with poor lighting and you can't link from them, so here are some screen-captured nuggets:

1) Who is this guy? I went to the friendlies at Nairn and Elgin and don't recognise him. He must be one of the elusive trialists.

1eUKamX.png

2) The chap in the background sweeping back the rogue lock looks like the same guy from picture 1). The player over the ball wearing 11 is unfamiliar to me.

L4gVsgU.png

3) Looks like Gardyne but it's so dim I can't tell, #10 could be the guy from 1) and 2) and I don't know about the others in the background. The chap in the background on the left looks unfamiliar, for instance.

qL6LRlB.png

4) Chris Robertson is playing on with his broken hand. I wonder if that means he will play on Saturday, or if they will leave him out of competitive games for a couple of weeks. I think Boyd would have partnered Davies at the start anyway.

xID5ZeI.png

5) It looks like Rocco will be vice captain, which should come as no surprise given he was given the armband as soon as Jim & Billy arrived.

RSg8FfN.png

From tonight's meet and greet:

The whole management team, Uncle Roy and the new PR woman, and the whole first team squad were there - some willingly, some less so.

Davies is a thoroughly nice chap, but nowhere near 6'3.

Despite Partick fans' protestations, Scott Fox is good with the PR stuff too. Nice guy. Very polite.

Scott Boyd is quite the club representative. Spent the evening babysitting other people's kids. Most popular player by a mile.

Ricky Foster's son is quite old. He gave Uncle Roy a high five. No sign of Amy.

Marcus Fraser was saying the kits are way too tight. Especially the away. Nobody was buying them. He wasn't impressed by the teams they played in Hungary. Nice chap.

Boyce enjoyed his summer. Also a nice chap. Second most popular player.

Jamie Reckord is a bit of a diva. He was wearing sunglasses and headphones and leaning against the wall until Fox told him to take them off. After which he sulked.

. So is Tony Dingwall and the pizza-faced guy next to him who nipped out for a cigarette along with the South African chap, who also looked like he would rather be anywhere else.

Robertson will be fine for the Celtic game.

No name on the trialist (Culbokie may well be right) but McIntyre is going to give him "another look" on Saturday. Not convinced. JM's finding it hard to find players who are happy to be subs most weeks, and out of the squad entirely on the other weeks. The first team is set. Any new players will be back ups. Happy to go with what he's got, but wants a keeper and a striker.

Smoked salmon and caviar? Don't mind if I do. Budvar as well, please. Nice food. Very middle class and proper.

The pitch looks as if it has been narrowed. Feels more enclosed than last season.

Ross County TV is a guy with a massive camera. It does exist though, but really it's going through the motions.

Decent turn out I guess. Lasted about an hour.

Edit: Ian Black chose to go to Berwick rather than County or Inverness. "Make of that what you will".

Edit 2: Brian Graham is skinny as a rake. But taller than Davies.

Edited by Savage Henry

When I saw Davies at the friendlies I thought there was no way he was 6'3". The 'team photo' from the Hungary camp has him about the same height as Boyd, as was Paul Quinn, but that didn't stop Quinn being strong in the air. Robertson most definitely is 6'3" though.

Any idea of what Ross County TV is going to end up like? I, for one, would be content with a weekly interview with the management team (a couple of minutes previewing the next match or discussing the previous match) to start with.

I'm expecting it to be free and uploaded onto YouTube but IIRC it might have been mentioned that it was a subscription service?

AFAIK there hasn't been any info about Ross County TV beyond the minutes from the last Q&A meeting, which state it as been a twice weekly thing in conjunction with a radio/podcast slot.

I would pay a sub for something in the order of what Motherwell provide, plus extended highlights.

AFAIK there hasn't been any info about Ross County TV beyond the minutes from the last Q&A meeting, which state it as been a twice weekly thing in conjunction with a radio/podcast slot.

I would pay a sub for something in the order of what Motherwell provide, plus extended highlights.

DFCTV is a subscription service provided by Dundee - the cheapest package is £10 per month which gives you pre/post match interviews, extended highlights plus this list of benefits -

• Annual Membership and one share in Dundee FC Supporters’ Society Ltd.
  • The right to vote at our AGM, to stand for election to the Society Board and ultimately the board of Dundee FC.
  • Gold membership card *
  • DVD of Dundee FC goals from at the end of every season
  • Full access to all content on DFCTV including extended highlights from home games and most away games, exclusive interviews, archive footage and more
  • PDF copy of every home match programme
  • Complimentary access to the Andy Penman hospitality lounge on matchdays, including a free buffet, pay bar, raffle and live football on SKY and ESPN. (Lounge benefits and availability may be subject to change)
  • Monthly prize draw for members. Prizes include boardroom hospitality at Dens
  • Priority for all ticket matches (ticketing arrangements will be made available on a game by game basis)
  • Discount when buying hospitality for 4 or more people (this may not be available for special offer packages)
  • Free hire of lounges for private functions (enquiries to the Commercial Department - quote Club Dundee when calling. If hiring you would need to cover cost of doorman as this is legal requirement.)

I am a Gold+ member at £25 a month which gets me this in addition to all of the above -

• A Ball signed by the 1st team
  • Signed shirt from the player of your choice
  • Exclusive lunch with the 1st team squad

Decent value IMO

That sounds alright. The Motherwell set-up looks good.

• Annual Membership and one share in Dundee FC Supporters’ Society Ltd.
  • The right to vote at our AGM, to stand for election to the Society Board and ultimately the board of Dundee FC.

The Central Staggies getting a voice on the board could only be a good thing.