The General Ross County Chat Thread

Scott Fox called up to the Scotland squad for the friendlies against France & Italy after Bain & McGregor pull out.

The young Hearts GK has been called up too, but I'd like to think Fox will be Nr. 2 behind Marshall. Hopefully that means he should get some game time.

He's the first ever serving County player to be called up to the senior Scotland Squad.

Scott Fox called up to the Scotland squad for the friendlies against France & Italy after Bain & McGregor pull out.

The young Hearts GK has been called up too, but I'd like to think Fox will be Nr. 2 behind Marshall. Hopefully that means he should get some game time.

He's the first ever serving County player to be called up to the senior Scotland Squad.

The absolute seethe from the lesser-spotted, purple-faced Partick fruit loops is tangible already.

The absolute seethe from the lesser-spotted, purple-faced Partick fruit loops is tangible already.

A Cup and a Scotland Cap within 1 year of moving to us would merit a little search for some posts to quote methinks.

That's tremendous. First ever serving County player in a Scotland squad. We've come a long way.

Seems an odd one. Claims to be leaving to get first team football, but there's no way he'll displace Scott Fox so he's going to spend the next two years warming the bench.

That's filip kiss been released was he any good for you?

He was a world beater in his first loan spell for two or three games, until he got an international call up and started playing within himself.

In his second spell he showed he was technically gifted but didn't play with the kind of intensity that some fans and the manager wanted.  Jimmy Calderwood would probably think he is a bit soft.

Kiss should have been given a chance to play CM next to Jackson Irvine when the team started playing well from Feb '15 onwards, but, like others before and after, he was never going to usurp Martin Woods.  The only chance he had at CM was beside Woods in place of Irvine, but I think he would have dovetailed quite nicely with Irvine.  He did a job as the team's twelfth man, filling in all across the midfield, up front and even at right-back a couple of times without any complaint.  McIntyre seemed to think he was a good lad, but Kiss wasn't going to be part of the long term plans.

I like him. Despite his reputation at Cardiff, he isn't really the midfield enforcer that Dundee need.

Sounds like he's having a decent season in Norway. Chipped in with a few goals and assists so far (or so the LiveScore app tells me).

I thought he was a wonderful player  :wub:

Reports coming out of google translate suggest we are about to sign this chap.

c7df9fc0-f91e-4c42-81e7-6b44949160b7_5e0

maxresdefault.jpg

He is, of course, Kenny van der Weg, a Dutch left back/centre half.  My cursory research tells me he is something of a cult hero with NEC Breda, is chums with Alex Schalk and that "we're lucky to get him".

I am glad we're continuing to tap the rich seam of Dutch football in our bid to turn Dingwall into the Eindhoven of the Even Further North.

This sounds more sarcastic than I meant. I like having Dutch players. De Leeuw will always live on in my heart.

Edited by forkboy

I thought the first pic was some face-swap filter.

He looks a strong boy, but a wee bit carefree with going to ground in his box.

I'm still a bit disappointed we didn't see more of McLaughlin at LB in the last few games, especially against St Johnstone when there were two players in the back four out of position.  His deliveries were consistently very good in the DL.

Edited by bunglebonce