Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Cracking down on the Jocks plays well with their support; that's all that matters.

We're soon going to see Westminster circumventing our government to the cheers of Scots who'll blame the voters for not eating their cereal.

It's not about cracking down on anyone, including 'Jocks'.

The SNP don't speak for the Scottish people.  They represent a minority.  Scots do not want Independence, nor do they want continuous referenda.

2 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

😂 

This is absolutely hilarious.

I can only imagine how low my self esteem would have to be to be gleefully singing about being subservient to someone else.

They are the people indeed.

1 minute ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

You must have watched a different video from me.

Or could it be now that fewer and fewer people are interacting with your tedious shtick, you're having to resort to trying to gaslight yourself?

I see that Penny Mordor is getting pelters for having taken donations from a climate policy sceptic group, the Global Warming Policy Foundation, who seem to describe themselves as being deeply concerned about the impact of climate change policies in the UK. 

So, so far we have climate scepticism and homeopathy. She must be SO looking forward to next year's Elvis World Comeback Tour and her formal meeting with Zorg the Magnificent, Ambassador from Bingbong IV. 😂

2 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I see that Penny Mordor is getting pelters for having taken donations from a climate policy sceptic group, the Global Warming Policy Foundation, who seem to describe themselves as being deeply concerned about the impact of climate change policies in the UK. 

So, so far we have climate scepticism and homeopathy. She must be SO looking forward to next year's Elvis World Comeback Tour and her formal meeting with Zorg the Magnificent, Ambassador from Bingbong IV. 😂

And they'd still fail to sign a trade deal with Bingbong. 

2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

And they'd still fail to sign a trade deal with Bingbong. 

Oh, I don't know... wouldn't it be great if there was a demand on Bingbong IV for unquestioning, timid human servants? We could earn a wad of cash in exports AND give Tories some new adoring masters to endlessly praise and fawn upon. Two birds with one stone. 🤔

It's not about cracking down on anyone, including 'Jocks'.
The SNP don't speak for the Scottish people.  They represent a minority.  Scots do not want Independence, nor do they want continuous referenda.

Really think u need to separate the SNP from independence movement. Plenty of people support one and not the other. And yes, that works both ways

5 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Is being called a 'Jock' offensive?

Haven't heard that one for decades, you hear it in old war movies, same with an Irishman being called a 'Paddy' or a Welshman being called a 'Taff' depending on where they originate from that's not England.

I there a similar one for an Englishman, like being called a 'Trevor' or a 'Nigel'? I've never heard it, these names always come from one direction from an English perspective?

Has anyone here been called a Jock and wondered 'is that person talking to me''?

Have you called anyone by one of these names when you are too lazy to remember or find out what their actual real name is?

Does anyone here still hate Jimmy Hill?

I lived in England for twenty years outside London. Regularly called a Jock cnut  or a Sweaty (sock). Never bothered me. 

I still hate Jimmy Hill. Everything that is wrong with arrogant English commentators.

If an Englishman had scored Nareys goal against Brazil in a World Cup we would see it replayed time and time again. 

13 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Haven't heard that one for decades, you hear it in old war movies, same with an Irishman being called a 'Paddy' or a Welshman being called a 'Taff' depending on where they originate from that's not England.

I there a similar one for an Englishman, like being called a 'Trevor' or a 'Nigel'? I've never heard it, these names always come from one direction from an English perspective?

Has anyone here been called a Jock and wondered 'is that person talking to me''?

Have you called anyone by one of these names when you are too lazy to remember or find out what their actual real name is?

I think I remember Scotland fans at Hampden singing that they found him to be aloof. 

At least I think that's what they sang. 

27 minutes ago, Snafu said:

The French call them 'Rosbif' as a pejorative term, presumably based on their insistence for a roast beef dinner on a Sunday. To be fair, they probably apply that to everyone from the UK/Britain but I normally find that as soon as they know I'm Scottish, their attitude changes for the better.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Yes it’s offensive.

I was in a conversation with a Tory MP today, he suggested that sunaks support has plateaued and that badenoch could be a surprise package, he seemed to suggest that it will be one of the females that wins.

He also said Tugendhat will go out next

Edited by Willie adie

We were in Ibiza recently.  The first night we went out we took a taxi home and on hearing my accent the driver almost immediately asked for my view on Brexit.  When I told him he replied 'Yes, and they told you Scots in 2014 to vote against independence to keep your place in the EU'.  The conversation went on and the guy proved to be incredibly well-versed, probably more than half the critters here 

I gave him a good tip and wrote down the link to P & B.

Think it highlights how shite Tory Starmer is for Labour that these Tories are still acting as if Jeremy Corbyn is literally the most evil man on the planet.

Brilliant that two years after he's left the Labour leadership, that our next PM is still scrambling about to condemn him.

Rishi is looking absolutely seething so far and Truss and Mordaunt are in all out attack mode.

I was in a conversation with a Tory MP today, he suggested that sunaks support has plateaued and that badenoch could be a surprise package, he seemed to suggest that it will be one of the females that wins.
He also said Tugendhat will go out next

Did you ask him to thank his party for getting on with the day job?