Second to None: EOSL Second Division 2022-23

17 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Edinburgh United statement on their points deduction (should be relegated anyway for centring paragraphs of text IMO)

FyL7_2VXsAEu4XQ?format=jpg&name=900x900

In WOSFL Div 4, Thorn Athletic were a whisker away from being ejected from the league for pulling out of their last game of the season down in Campbeltown. It was only when league received character references from other Div 4 teams that they got a fine. It was their first and only offence

This is much more serious and if club are a multiple offender stronger sanctions seem applicable.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

35 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

In WOSFL Div 4, Thorn Athletic were a whisker away from being ejected from the league for pulling out of their last game of the season down in Campbeltown. It was only when league received character references from other Div 4 teams that they got a fine. It was their first and only offence

This is much more serious and if club are a multiple offender stronger sanctions seem applicable.

Could take a while. Still haven't seen any disciplinary action against the ex-Syngenta officials after they made a mockery of the league.

Edited by shuggie123

56 minutes ago, shuggie123 said:

Could take a while. Still haven't seen any disciplinary action against the ex-Syngenta officials after they made a mockery of the league.

That's a good point considering they are still active in the EOS at another club. If Edin Utd are guilty and nothing is done. Sends out a poor message.

4 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

That's a good point considering they are still active in the EOS at another club. If Edin Utd are guilty and nothing is done. Sends out a poor message.

How does it. Clearly the registration of players from syngenta to camelon was above board otherwise they would have been disciplined

3 minutes ago, searchers1963 said:

How does it. Clearly the registration of players from syngenta to camelon was above board otherwise they would have been disciplined

Surely that's not the issue though. Are they not answerable for the sudden demise of Syngenta. I'm pretty certain you wouldn't be happy if it, God forbids, happens to Camelon. (Yes I do remember Camelon were in dire straits a few years back).

Problem is any punishment to Santa would effect Camelon.

But surely we don't want clubs going to the wall like Syngenta did.

20 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

What happened at Syngenta isn't always what happens when there's a parting of the ways.

Is it really any different than the Open Goal Broomhill situation that played out this season? An existing club let an outsider in to basically run the entire football operation. The outsider walks away, what they've built goes with. Club's left holding the bag.

Broomhill's committee have carried on. Syngenta's decided to fold. Darvel's seeing a similar situation with Mick Kennedy leaving. They still seem to have their money man at least to try and build another team.

2 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Surely that's not the issue though. Are they not answerable for the sudden demise of Syngenta. I'm pretty certain you wouldn't be happy if it, God forbids, happens to Camelon. (Yes I do remember Camelon were in dire straits a few years back).

That's down to syngenta themselves as a club. It's not different to any other person who's moved clubs. Did you make the same statement when mark went from St Andrews to Carnoustie. Only difference is st Andrews had an infrastructure.

Syngenta went to the wall because they had no infrastructure to support a club when someone putting money in stepped away. They could have fielded a team until the end of the season. The syngwmta Committee binned the under 20s which was the problem. They were staying until the end of the season until they done that. Syngenta folded because they had no infrastructure.. they could have done what bathgate have done since willie hill left.

What about Ballingry I don't remember this much annomosity to them.

9 minutes ago, searchers1963 said:

That's down to syngenta themselves as a club. It's not different to any other person who's moved clubs. Did you make the same statement when mark went from St Andrews to Carnoustie. Only difference is st Andrews had an infrastructure.

Syngenta went to the wall because they had no infrastructure to support a club when someone putting money in stepped away. They could have fielded a team until the end of the season. The syngwmta Committee binned the under 20s which was the problem. They were staying until the end of the season until they done that. Syngenta folded because they had no infrastructure.. they could have done what bathgate have done since willie hill left.

What about Ballingry I don't remember this much annomosity to them.

Your totally correct I have remembered the Syngenta situation wrongly. Could say its down to the Syngenta committee back in the Junior year basically forfeiting control of the senior team. I know it's not that simple or straightforward. So then when santa and the management team announced their withdrawal there was basically nobody to take up the reins. Always happy to be corrected when incorrect.

The others you have evidenced are before my time of following this level. So have no knowledge or input to make.

I therefore redact my previous post in light of this information and offer my apologies to all at Camelon. Forward to @FairWeatherFan

This shouldn't take away from what Edin Utd are charged with. This had consequences on other clubs i.e. Craigroyston if memory serves.

P.S. never did like Syngenta back in youth coach days. Always up themselves.

17 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Your totally correct I have remembered the Syngenta situation wrongly. Could say its down to the Syngenta committee back in the Junior year basically forfeiting control of the senior team. I know it's not that simple or straightforward. So then when santa and the management team announced their withdrawal there was basically nobody to take up the reins. Always happy to be corrected when incorrect.

The others you have evidenced are before my time of following this level. So have no knowledge or input to make.

I therefore redact my previous post in light of this information and offer my apologies to all at Camelon. Forward to @FairWeatherFan

This shouldn't take away from what Edin Utd are charged with. This had consequences on other clubs i.e. Craigroyston if memory serves.

P.S. never did like Syngenta back in youth coach days. Always up themselves.

Should have added happy to accept when I am in the wrong and apologise. A trait a lot of people on p&b could and should adopt. Not aimed at you @searchers1963 purely a general statement.

1 hour ago, patriot1 said:

It’s all change again!!

Craigroyston have now been deducted six points for playing ineligible players in two games in January.

They are now relegated again and Edinburgh United have been reprieved.

Mental!

What is going on with all these ineligible players? Are clubs deliberately playing these or is there some miscommunication over suspensions or player signings and availability?

There's been so many across the EoS this season.

20 minutes ago, Burgh1909 said:

Mental!

What is going on with all these ineligible players? Are clubs deliberately playing these or is there some miscommunication over suspensions or player signings and availability?

There's been so many across the EoS this season.

What I don’t understand is why it has taken five months to work out that Craigroyston played an ineligible player. We’re almost three weeks on from the end of the League campaign and the relegation picture is changing again.

5 hours ago, patriot1 said:

What I don’t understand is why it has taken five months to work out that Craigroyston played an ineligible player. We’re almost three weeks on from the end of the League campaign and the relegation picture is changing again.

I'm sure Edinburgh United will feel a small sense of consolation that the relegation picture has been put back to what it originally was come the last day, but it's particularly strange considering Edinburgh United's offence took place in March and was dealt with so you assumed the League was finished with.  What has occurred or how was it discovered something in January is now an error?

Surely you can point a finger of blame at EoS, along with Craigroyston, for only reacting to this now?

Edited by Burgh1909

57 minutes ago, shanks said:

Was it not in the Juniors that clubs had a week to lodge a protest? In many ways I feel that the Juniors were far better run than this so-called 'Senior' Association. Anyone else agree? 

Definitely not!!

EOS been a breath of fresh air compared to the juniors.

One bad situation doesn’t define them.

17 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

Definitely not!!

EOS been a breath of fresh air compared to the juniors.

One bad situation doesn’t define them.

One bad situation? Here's another example. In the Juniors the away team in a cup-tie received a share of the gate or if that wasn't enough then they'd receive a guarantee. You could be drawn away from home in all cup-ties (with the exception of the South Challenge Cup) and get hee-haw but you've got to pay travel expenses to players taking their cars or the bus hire. 

31 minutes ago, shanks said:

One bad situation? Here's another example. In the Juniors the away team in a cup-tie received a share of the gate or if that wasn't enough then they'd receive a guarantee. You could be drawn away from home in all cup-ties (with the exception of the South Challenge Cup) and get hee-haw but you've got to pay travel expenses to players taking their cars or the bus hire. 

The juniors used to have the home team keeping all the gate, but it was changed when teams complained because they were missing out on a share of big gates at the likes of Linlithgow, Whitburn, Bo'ness etc.

Doesn't look very good for the EOS regarding the points deductions. Surely all the teams should be checked before issuing the final table.

1 hour ago, shanks said:

One bad situation? Here's another example. In the Juniors the away team in a cup-tie received a share of the gate or if that wasn't enough then they'd receive a guarantee.

A complaint that's been around for 5 years. If a majority of clubs wanted to change it, then it would have happened by now.

2 hours ago, shanks said:

Was it not in the Juniors that clubs had a week to lodge a protest? In many ways I feel that the Juniors were far better run than this so-called 'Senior' Association. Anyone else agree? 

Said absolutely noone. You couldn't even find out who you were playing some weeks