Second to None: EOSL Second Division 2022-23

19 hours ago, searchers1963 said:

Said absolutely noone. You couldn't even find out who you were playing some weeks

That's almost true, apart from the bit about not knowing who you were playing each week, but it also made it easier for the person making up the fixtures to make sure that teams weren't sent on long midweek journeys because the other fixtures weren't carved in stone, and could be re-arranged more easily.

Admittedly that's one thing the EoS is better at. But - in the 'real' seniors you play league games Home then Away. How many times does this happen at our level? The team I watch can play numerous games away from home on the trot then it'll be a run of home games. In the Juniors the teams that won cup-finals got prize money. I spoke to someone who helps out a club that won a trophy last season. As well as getting a trophy all they got was a share of the gate (after expenses had been deducted including the price of a match ball - who got the match ball?!) In the Juniors there was prize money not only for the winners but also the runners-up.    

3 hours ago, shuggie123 said:

That's almost true, apart from the bit about not knowing who you were playing each week, but it also made it easier for the person making up the fixtures to make sure that teams weren't sent on long midweek journeys because the other fixtures weren't carved in stone, and could be re-arranged more easily.

Mate we had to go to lochee and Carnoustie midweek so don't give us that pish

9 minutes ago, shanks said:

Admittedly that's one thing the EoS is better at. But - in the 'real' seniors you play league games Home then Away. How many times does this happen at our level? The team I watch can play numerous games away from home on the trot then it'll be a run of home games. In the Juniors the teams that won cup-finals got prize money. I spoke to someone who helps out a club that won a trophy last season. As well as getting a trophy all they got was a share of the gate (after expenses had been deducted including the price of a match ball - who got the match ball?!) In the Juniors there was prize money not only for the winners but also the runners-up.    

Can do it when unhave sponsors. Central taxi were sponsoring league and league Cup but seem to have stopped easy to do it when u have sponsors 

17 minutes ago, shuggie123 said:

Glad your happy with long midweek journeys. Don't you think they would have been better on a Saturday?

Would have been but not always possible but that was in the juniors. You are making out it didn't happen in the juniors when it did. 

The lack of organisation with fixtures it was 1 week to the next almost and the junior Cup wiping out everything

56 minutes ago, shanks said:

Basically starts with alternating league fixtures. Certainly with the intention. Going to invest undersoil seating, other forms of pitch protection and scrap most cups that since deep cup runs cause disruption to the league calendar? After all most 'real' seniors get papped out of 3 cups after 2 rounds max, some of which would be midweek to avoid interrupting league play.

The basis of the Junior Cup is a guarantee from semi-finals and final. Not prize money. Going by the East Region rule book their finals have been the Region taking 25% of the net gate and the remainder split equally. If there was anything extra giving its at the discretion of the Region and would be based on their finances and sponsorships. Since money doesn't grow on trees.

There's certainly constructive criticisms that can be made. The EoS having grown could probably attract better sponsorship. It's not like they're hoarding a pot of gold.

3 hours ago, shanks said:

Is that right aye?

FVcIad-WQAAdV8i?format=jpg&name=4096x409

On 18/06/2023 at 21:02, shuggie123 said:

Glad your happy with long midweek journeys. Don't you think they would have been better on a Saturday?

You still moaning about Hawick?  We went to Hawick literally our second or third game as a senior club on a Tuesday night. No problem, it's not as if it happens all the time.

On 17/06/2023 at 20:43, shanks said:

One bad situation? Here's another example. In the Juniors the away team in a cup-tie received a share of the gate or if that wasn't enough then they'd receive a guarantee. You could be drawn away from home in all cup-ties (with the exception of the South Challenge Cup) and get hee-haw but you've got to pay travel expenses to players taking their cars or the bus hire. 

When you were drawn away in the Junior Cup to a team eg North JFA, you both ended up losing money as the gate was rarely enough to cover the guarantee so the home club had to shell out extra, and the gurantee was nowhere near enough to cover the bus hire for the visiting team.  Same when North clubs has to travel south to the smaller clubs.   Everyone lost money.