Inverness v QP

On 27/07/2022 at 16:29, Sir Tarmo said:

This glorified Clyde shouldn’t be much of an issue for The Caley. Comfortable win. 

3 hours ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Managing to come away with a draw against a pretty fancied team with a back line of a centre mid, Wallace Duffy and two kids isn’t too bad. If Deas and Devine were playing I think we’d have won. Deas out the next game will be another blow.

You changed your tune fairly quickly.

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Wasn’t expecting tears this early in the season. 

I’ve nearly drowned this morning in the flood I’ve seen from your fellow QP fans at the suggestion you’re highly average. I was expecting much more going by what I’ve heard and read. Don’t worry about it, you’ll find a lot of fans think their own team is better than it is

30 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I’ve nearly drowned this morning in the flood I’ve seen from your fellow QP fans at the suggestion you’re highly average. I was expecting much more going by what I’ve heard and read. Don’t worry about it, you’ll find a lot of fans think their own team is better than it is

Hold on. We finished 4th in League 1 last year and a lot of points behind the two top teams. We will be happy if we compete in the Championship. We certainly did that yesterday.

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

You changed your tune fairly quickly.

You can continue celebrating a draw with a depleted The Caley side as if you’ve won the Scottish Cup, while we’ll continue cruising into the play-offs, champ. 

14 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

You can continue celebrating a draw with a depleted The Caley side as if you’ve won the Scottish Cup, while we’ll continue cruising into the play-offs, champ. 

I don't see anyone celebrating here, if anything I'm slightly disappointed that we didn't take our chances in the first half before the equaliser (especially now that I've seen the highlights) .

The positivity is because we genuinely didn't have a clue how these players would do at this level, but a draw away to the "cruising into the playoffs" champions is a decent start.

39 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Fantastically rattled. Love to see it, really.

9 hours ago, TheScarf said:

The first half was pretty even but in the second we utterly dominated and was surprised at how poor QP were given the talk about them last season and preseason. Really should’ve racked up the score in the second half. We were comfortable apart from one moment of brain freeze where all our defenders decided not to tackle anyone.  

You been on the spice all weekend?

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I don't think there's many QP fans on here that would say we were expecting anything better than a draw - hoping yeah, but not expecting. The first half changed these expectations for some but, to be fair, Caley upped their game in the second half and Queen's still had a couple of clear chances.  The tears seem to be coming from some of the Caley folk not QP.

It was actually a pretty good game all round. Good luck guys (except against us of course).

2 hours ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Congrats on winning the “cruising to the playoff” trophy, champ. Viva Billy Dodds 

9023C607-FCBC-426B-B818-79279BF0E7FB.jpeg

Edited by qpfc

My takes from yesterday - 

• Please please please stop trying to turn Samuels into a winger.  He's absolutely pish out there.  
  • Our line-up seems to have become quite predictable again - a never changing 4-2-3-1 and long hoofs forward?  No thank you.
  • Billy Mckay, Danny Mackay and Aaron Doran - still class.
  • Oakley's miss was terrible - just blast it on target and it's probably a goal.  How on Earth did he slice that to the corner flag?!
  • We can get away with one of Deas or Devine missing, but both out weakens us immensely.
  • Steven Boyd is the new Miles Storey or John Baird - moves like a good player, has a few nice touches but actually does very little.
  • We really really need another central midfielder, especially with Welsh continually out - MacGregor is nowhere near as effective deeper and we saw last week that Carson is miles better at right back.  All our best teams over the years have had a proper tenacious ball winner in the middle - we haven't really had that since Draper.
  • The new home top is horrible.
  • Ridgers should've done better with the goal but he saved us twice in one-on-ones.
Edited by Highland Capital

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

My takes from yesterday - 

• Please please please stop trying to turn Samuels into a winger.  He's absolutely pish out there.  
  • Our line-up seems to have become quite predictable again - a never changing 4-2-3-1 and long hoofs forward?  No thank you.
  • Billy Mckay, Danny Mackay and Aaron Doran - still class.
  • Oakley's miss was terrible - just blast it on target and it's probably a goal.  How on Earth did he slice that to the corner flag?!
  • We can get away with one of Deas or Devine missing, but both out weakens us immensely.
  • Steven Boyd is the new Miles Storey or John Baird - moves like a good player, has a few nice touches but actually does very little.
  • We really really need another central midfielder, especially with Welsh continually out - MacGregor is nowhere near as effective deeper and we saw last week that Carson is miles better at right back.  All our best teams over the years have had a proper tenacious ball winner in the middle - we haven't really had that since Draper.
  • The new home top is horrible.
  • Ridgers should've done better with the goal but he saved us twice in one-on-ones.

I’d agree with all of that apart from the Boyd point. I think he’ll come good.

58 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

It appears fans of the wee Stenhousemuir team are losing the head only one game into the season. 

Are you trying to create a rivalry with us because your local village team are a level above? Cute. 

13 minutes ago, an86 said:

Are you trying to create a rivalry with us because your local village team are a level above? Cute. 

The Caley have zero interest in Queen’s Park. Despite a weakened team, we’re incredibly disappointed with the draw, whereas you lot are jumping with joy. That tells you the story here.

Having not actually been able to watch the game due to Gardiner's brutal austerity measures my still accurate takes are as follows:

- Duffy, Harper, Boyd and Oakley are not good enough for a team seeking to win the league.

- Play Mckay in behind Samuels up top and we'll score hundreds.

- Pass to Mckay more - his football IQ is higher than most Queen's Park fans' actual IQs and he'll make things happen.

1 hour ago, Sir Tarmo said:

The Caley have zero interest in Queen’s Park. Despite a weakened team, we’re incredibly disappointed with the draw, whereas you lot are jumping with joy. That tells you the story here.

We finished 24 points off the top of League One last season and Inverness were in the Premiership playoff final. You should also finish above us. Of course we’re happy. Should have put you away before half-time, but a point was fine for us in the end. Genuinely amazed, if not slightly amused, to see fans of a club with a decent pedigree filling their nappies about this. 

1 hour ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Not jumping for joy at all. At the start of the day, I would have bitten your hand off for an away point against a team that almost made it to the Premiership. After the game, however, I was gutted not to have won.