Accies vs Morton

20 hours ago, Owsley said:

10-2, 6-1, 5-0. All that hitting on the break. Feel free to add those Morton thrashings. There must be a 2-0 somewhere.

I was fortunate enough to miss those games. I’m going on the games I attended so obviously I’ve unfortunately missed seeing Accies at their best. 

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

This ref.

Holy f**k

He has always been clueless, but I'm watching on an extremely grainy and 100% legal stream where I can hardly make out individual players and even I could clearly see that was an obvious Morton freekick for trying to block the goalkeeper when the whole home end went mental.

15 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

He has always been clueless, but I'm watching on an extremely grainy and 100% legal stream where I can hardly make out individual players and even I could clearly see that was an obvious Morton freekick for trying to block the goalkeeper when the whole home end went mental.

Yes, after the keeper had already wandered 5 yards out the box with the ball still in his hands

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

When you get handed a man advantage against a likely relegation rival, you have to go and win the game. We looked at least as much like conceding as scoring there.

You'd imagine Jacobs leaving means an attacking signing is imminent and can be in the team next week. You saw how badly we needed it there, because we cannot break teams down.

10 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Yes, after the keeper had already wandered 5 yards out the box with the ball still in his hands

He let go of the ball while he was still inside the box to kick it, was obstructed which made him pull out of the punt, then caught it again with the ball outside the box from having thrown it up initially. The first infringement was interfering with the goalkeeper.

We weren’t great by any stretch of the imagination but f**k me what chance did we have of nicking the game with that referee?! Was at the stage by the end where people round about me weren’t even angry, genuinely just laughing in bewilderment at some of his decisions.

Props to Chucky and Winter for trying their best with the hopeful punts up the park but we badly need some creativity 

Quite an enjoyably hectic game. I thought we did quite well with 10 men (the lack of Shaun Want helped imo) - lost out on some key second balls and sometimes weren't quick enough to press but that happens when you're a man down against an equal team.

What the f**k has happened to Gillespie btw? New hair and was head and shoulders above everyone on the park. Quality performance.

20 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

What the f**k has happened to Gillespie btw? New hair and was head and shoulders above everyone on the park. Quality performance.

His conditioning is superb.

Feels like 2 points dropped today  but a point away from home is always handy. 

Watched the game on the TV and by f**k the Accies fans and players were on the referee's back for most of the game. I didn't think he was that bad today.

Impressed with O'connor and Gillespie for us. Quitongo and kaba will cause teams problems but we need other options in the attacking 3rd. Robbie fucking Muirhead and that header at the end!

26 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Watched the game on the TV and by f**k the Accies fans and players were on the referee's back for most of the game. I didn't think he was that bad today.

The bit in bold has to be a fishing trip right? The Morton players surrounding the ref got Shaun want booked for the early challenge where the ref wasn’t going to book him originally. The Morton players and bench this time screaming in the refs face in the second half got Michael Doyle booked when the ref literally didn’t even give a foul at first.

Straight from the Dougie Imrie school of trolling but to say Morton weren’t at it as well is a joke.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

The bit in bold has to be a fishing trip right? The Morton players surrounding the ref got Shaun want booked for the early challenge where the ref wasn’t going to book him originally. The Morton players and bench this time screaming in the refs face in the second half got Michael Doyle booked when the ref literally didn’t even give a foul at first.

Straight from the Dougie Imrie school of trolling but to say Morton weren’t at it as well is a joke.

No angling here mate. Thought accies  were terrible for it on and off the park.

1st half we made alot of errors gave the ball away cheaply and put ourselves under pressure. Though O'Reilly and Lawson were poor 1st half.

Want shouldn't be near the team again absolute stupidity on his part. Not entirely convinced the initial challenge was in the box.

2nd half we were good. Impressed with Winter and Shiels in particular. Winter looks a proper forward now.

The defense seemed to settle also, make of that what you will.

The ref lost all control and I think let his emotions get in the way in the 2nd half. He was determined to give us nothing. As clear a penalty as you will ever see the hand ball towards the end.

Morton look poor. 1 dimensional thugs who look for the man before the ball every time.

Big save from Fulton and a couple of big takes at the end. Well done him.

All in was a good performance considering the ref being a farce. Definitely a different energy and steel about this team this season