πŸ”΄ πŸ”΅ Caley (The) vs Morton (Greenock) πŸ”΅ πŸ€

40 minutes ago, RiG said:

You'll normally find a few folk in places like Platfrom 8 and Auctioneers. Standard Greene King type places. There is the Black Isle Brewery if you like your craft stuff and they do good pizza as well apparently. A Spoons is nearby if you prefer. The Innes is usually popular with home and away fans but a little out of the town centre. Finally, worth mentioning The Caley Club on the other side of the river. Cheap and cheerful but for a few pounds you'll get a bus to / from the game and away fans are always welcome.

For fish and chips Lorimers is on the way to / from the stadium if you walk along the A82 but it's only okay. MacLeods in Merkinch is the best fish and chips I've had in Inverness but you're going a little out of your way there but as you're up for the weekend that shouldn't matter too much.

That's cracking mate, very much appreciated, thank you.

Heres to a semi-decent game at least.

3 hours ago, MORleyTON said:

Booked a solo-trip back in May and the football gods have kindly drawn us this weekend when I'm up.

Any recommendations for pubs before/after the game?

A decent chippy wouldn't go amiss too.

MacLeods is by far and away the best chippy in Inverness. The rest are shite. Well worth the wee diversion out of the town. Probably best to avoid the bar across the road from it though…

2 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

MacLeods is by far and away the best chippy in Inverness. The rest are shite. Well worth the wee diversion out of the town. Probably best to avoid the bar across the road from it though…

Cheers mate, I'm intrigued.....

49 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

King had a good game on the left wing v Hibs.

I was viewing that as more 4-5-1 than 4-3-3, with more defensive responsibility and less to do going forward, but that could be splitting hairs a bit.

5 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I was viewing that as more 4-5-1 than 4-3-3, with more defensive responsibility and less to do going forward, but that could be splitting hairs a bit.

I think Imrie will more or less go with 4-5-1 here, at least when we’re out of possession… so Strapp back in at LB and King replacing Kabia in front of him looks right.

If he’s ever going to drop Kabia, away to ICT would be the time to do it; otherwise, you begin to fear he’s going to start every game regardless…

3 hours ago, MORleyTON said:

Booked a solo-trip back in May and the football gods have kindly drawn us this weekend when I'm up.

Any recommendations for pubs before/after the game?

A decent chippy wouldn't go amiss too.

Phoenix Ale House is the best pub IMO.

12 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

So he was playing on the wing then.Β 

Yeah since their first season back down in 17/18 we have 3 wins, 3 draws and 5 defeats in 11 games in Inverness, a vast improvement on the 7 defeats and a draw we'd ever had there prior to that season. That still amounts to an aggregate pumping of 17-10 though.

On 22/08/2022 at 17:17, DreamOakTree1 said:
10 hours ago, PB1994 said:

MacLeods is by far and away the best chippy in Inverness. The rest are shite. Well worth the wee diversion out of the town. Probably best to avoid the bar across the road from it though…what about the bars on the River Ness - What about the bars on the River Ness, Johnny Foxes etc.? Going back a while but I used to prefer them to the bars at the station.